Lost - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lost - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lost

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost

Post by Risé Lehmberg Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:33 am

Rise let him lead her blindly to the bar, and then stood shivering as he went and talked to the inn keep. He came back quickly though, and led her upstairs to a really nice room, led her to a couch, and the first thing she did was sit down and curl up into a ball. Pulling her legs to her chest, Rise stared at him with large eyes. Her hair fell as though it had just been wet, and she almost looked drowned, or almost drowned and pulled out, the blanket pulled around her, shivering like mad, except that she was completely dry, and hadn't even been near water. No, her problem was, was that the smell of food was not only making he want some fresh, uncooked meat, but the wolf was finding everyone in the inn very appetizing.

Rise put her hands over her head, and buried her face in her knees, trying not to let the sights and smells in, letting is all drown out before she was able to look up at him, the odd hungry glint gone from her eyes. Food was brought in, and Rise stared at it hungrily. They didn't starve her at Ariel's house, but they couldn't feed everyone in the house as much as they wanted to either. There were quite a few mouths to feed. Even with Ariel gone off at school most of the time, and Naomi gone off doing whatever she was doing the other half of the time.

Rise dug in, and knew that there would be no getting around any detail, if she didn't want him to know, she had to leave it out all together, because lying in front of him was impossible, he could tell when she did, and it hurt her to see that hurt look in his eyes. After she had enough to eat and drink, Rise sat back, curled up, but more defensive now, now that she was sleepy, her mind was on the alert, looking for danger, crouched so that if he sprung at her while she was weak, she could defend herself.

"Thank you.." She said softly, staring at the boy with wide watery eyes. "That was very good... I.. I appreciate it." she said softly, looking around the room now that her eyes weren't full of the site of soup and tea. She stared around curiously, and had to stop herself before she sniffed the air, as she was tempted to do. She looked back at him and smiled slightly, her hair hanging down in front of her face, her cloaked wrapped around her tightly, with the blanket over that, it looked hot, but she had to keep the scar hidden... he couldn't know.. he mustn't know..
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:46 am

He watched her scarf her meal down, and he sipped his tea. He had just left here earlier, and he had grabbed a bite to eat before he had headed out, so he was fine. But it was cold outside so he drank the hot tea, trying not to seem as though he was staring at her, so he took in the room he already knew rather well. He knew every part of the Leaky Cauldron like the back of his hand.

She finished up, still looking terrified and small. He waved his wand and the food moved out of her way, though the tea refilled the mug and hovered near her so she could get to it easily. He waited a moment and realized she was still shivering. He pointed his wand at the fireplace and a fire faded into view, warming the room and lighting it with pale orange light. He sat up. "Don't worry about it."

He met her gaze. "Rise... I want to help you. I'll be asking you questions, a few at a time. If you don't want to answer, just don't answer. Close your mouth and shake your head. I understand, okay? I just want to help, make sure you are safe and happy." he paused, making sure she understood. "Okay. Is your life in trouble? Is Fenrir still after you? Where are you staying? Would you like somewhere else to stay?"
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:57 am

Rise watched him carefully, her eyes large and staring as the cup hovered near her. It had been to long since she had seen real magic. Magic like this, nice magic.. not poison, and then biting, magic that turns you into werewolves, oh no.. happy magic, floating cups of tea, lighting the fire in the fireplace. Happy people with happy magic, it was comforting, and she relaxed slightly, her eyes on the fire as it roared in the grate. Chase met his gaze and she knew she was in for a long night. If not because of his questioning, then because she was sure this was going to change everything.

Rise had to think hard about the first question. Was her life in danger? Yes... but not from the people he was assuming. He was talking about the werewolves that had kidnapped her, were they a danger to her? Not really.. but she was still in danger.. so very carefully, she nodded yes for the first question. "I am still in danger..." She said softly. "I don't know if he's still after me.." She stopped and then closed her mouth and shook her head twice. "I don't know! I feel trapped... I can leave if I want.. but I still feel trapped." She said and her hand moved to her chest. Which at the moment seemed a rather odd gesture if you didn't know what she was referring to. But her hand stayed there, a wince graced her face, and her hand dropped, hoping it wasn't to obvious, but she was shivering and shaking again, and a cold sweat popped up on her forehead and arms. Making her shiver more violently. "He isn't after me, but I'm in danger.. I'm in danger, but not from who you think is a danger to me!"

"I feel trapped.. but I can't tell you why! I want to leave, but I don't at the same time! I feel so trapped... so confused.. all the time.. I was normal before! Normal.. now I fear I'm losing my mind.. I've lost my mind and there is no getting it back.." She whispered and rocked back and forth, and it was obvious that she may have lost her mind in all of the problems with her life. It had gone from boring existence, to to much, to fast. She rocked back and forth, tears now falling down her face, afraid, and exhausted all at the same time.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:13 am

She seemed confused and unsure of how to answer. She did believe her life was in danger, though, that was for sure. He listened to everything she had to say, trying to file away what made sense and what was the more probable of everything she said. She began rocking and he watched her, going to leave her on her own, but then the tears came.

He sighed and stood. He left his tea cradled in the nook of the armchair and moved across the room, sitting next to her. He patted her shoulder, slipping his arm around her again and squeezing her tightly for a moment, giving her his strength. "Rise, I need to be strong for just a little bit. then you can stay here and sleep for awhile, and cry, and do whatever you please. You can do it."

He gave her a moment and then said, "Look,you might think the Ministry is mad, but we're not. We just want to know you are okay. If you wanted, you could come into the offices and we might be able to make it so you don't have to say anything about anything. We can give you protection,give you a place to stay, some money." He paused.

"Or... I can fix you up with a room here, with three square meals a day, with clothes, anything you need, until you figure out where to go. I'd like you to tell me everything about what had happened to you- so I can make sure justice is served. But if you aren't ready for that, I just want you safe and happy and healthy."
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:27 am

Rise whimpered when he came over to her, and she shrunk away from his touch, afraid of him now. Afraid of everything, the walls, the shadows. Anything that moved made her jump. When he spoke of coming into the office, she jumped and shook her head violently. "No.. No.. I can't.. I can't.. you'll hate me! They all hate me! I didn't do anything... they'll hate me." She sobbed and hid her face in her knees. "You can't... don't tell anyone.. please... I just wanna go home.. I wanna go back, I can't... They grabbed me.. I couldn't see... So long.." She whispered, and knew she sounded more and more crazy, but her thoughts just kept rushing out, only fragments of her thoughts coming out as words.

"You'll hate me... You will! Everyone will.. they'll look at me.. funny... Remember the little boy who cried wolf? I cried wolf, no one came! Then they came.. and it's all because I cried wolf.. I cried wolf." She sobbed and shook, moving so he couldn't touch her, her body curled up so tightly she looked like a child, no longer a fifteen year old. "Would you like some meat? I'm sorry! She had it coming you know.." Phrases from what she had heard jumped into head, and she blurted them out, knowing she sounded mad, knowing she was going mad, and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

"Mary had a little lamb.. little lamb.. little lamb.... Mary had a little lamb who's fleece was white as snow.." She sang softly, tears falling down her cheeks, as she stared straight ahead. "You'll hate me.. even though I didn't do nothing... you hate us all.. you hate us! Don't deny it! You think we're nothing, and you hate us! Because we are stronger! You'll hate me.." She had gotten angry for a second, but it shrunk down to an almost childlike voice after that. "I don't like being hated.. please.. I just want to go home... Mary.. lamb... boy who cried wolf... wolf.. wolf... so many wolves... poison... don't make me drink it! Please! I didn't do anything.. it's not my fault! Where are you taking me? Let go! No... don't hit me.. please.. don't hit me!" She sobbed and shielded her face from the imaginary blows.

"Please... I don't wanna get hit.. please... I just did what I could to survive.. they chose me! I was chosen! All because he messed up.. someone was killed... and he messed up, and I was chosen.. chosen to be hated, chosen to be left out.. to be forgotten.. always forgotten.. I was always forgotten... no difference now.. except now I don't exist..." She giggled crazily and looked up at the boy, an odd dark, mad glint in her eyes. "Can I go to sleep?" She asked softly, her eyes flashing back to the innocent round orbs before settling on the crazy glint that had an odd evil presence behind it. "I just wanna sleep.."
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:13 am

He did not bother trying to hold her any longer, she obviously was past the point of being comforted. He watched her a long while, his eyes wide and his face pitiful, wishing he could convey to her what his intentions truly were. He wanted to save her from whatever demons plagued her, he did not want to make her feel any worse.

She asked for sleep, looking crazed and dangerous. He nodded, saying. "Of course you can sleep." He brought his wand to her temple and murmured a spell that sounded like a lullaby that lulled her into a dreamless sleep, one where the monster could not chase her, could not bring her back to memories. She just needed rest right now.

He got up and waited until she looked unconscious to go and adjust her, helping her stretch out on the couch. She felt cold to the touch, so he conjured another blanket and wrapped her in it. He found a cloth in the room and wet it in the basin before wringing it out and draping it over her forehead. He moved her tray of food towards his chair and finally sat.

And he waited, continually warming the tea and the soup, waiting for her to awake so he could help her once more.
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Rise had the best sleep she had had in a long time. The Puppy was put to sleep as well, and they rested together, like two old friends instead of constantly warring with each other. Rise's hand moved so it was resting gently over the scar on her chest, that was so inconveniently located right between her breasts. After what must have been hours however, the sleep was interrupted by the Puppy waking up first. At first Rise thought that something was going on outside of her sleepy land, but nothing was happening but the cackle of the fire.

It was dark still, and Rise could hear an owl hooting somewhere. It was nice and warm, and she felt so much more relaxed now. Rise slowly opened her eyes, and looked up at the ceiling. Oh.. it had just been a dream? She had just imaged Frank Longbottom coming and picking her up in Diagon Alley. That was a relief, she didn't know what she would have told him, she wanted away from the Greyback household.. but she couldn't tell him she was a werewolf.. she'd get so... the look on his face, she wouldn't have been able to stand it.

But as she rolled over, the blanket snagged and she frowned and looked down. She was stretched out on a couch, staring at a warm cackling fire, it was dark out, but it appeared that the blinds had been drawn. A cup of tea sat on a table in front of her, and Rise gulped. It hadn't been a dream.. no, she was here, in that second best room at the Leaky Cauldron, and when she got up, Frank would be there to question her. He had probably already told the authorities that he had her.. and soon it would all come out. Rise hid her face and thought hard about it. What would she gain on both sides. If she were to get up and sneak out right now.

If she went back to the Greyback household.. for one thing she may never leave again. The family liked her... she liked them alright, but she felt so trapped there, physically and mentally. She wanted to go back to Hogwarts.. wanted to sleep in her dorm, see her family again. Well her family didn't really matter, seeing as she was invisible anyway, they probably hadn't even realized she was gone.. but she did have a few relatives she wanted to see.

If she were to stay here... tell him everything, show him the scar... the Greybacks would be in a world of hurt... she would get off free of course, being the victim, but Ari wouldn't go off unharmed, they may send him to Azkaban... or worse... Rise shivered and curled up tighter, o she could tell him half truths.. not tell him everything.. but not lie about what she told him... tell him she was staying in a house of people she didn't know.. was captured by Werewolves, who bit her..She had been a slave.. that's it, she would concentrate her story on what happened when she was in the clutches of the Greybacks.. she could even make it appear that she had been dropped off there in Diagon Alley, and not had a place to stay otherwise... he didn't know any better... she just wouldn't mention Ari's house..

Rise slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes, her hair a mess as it stuck up at odd angles. Trying to rub the sleep from her eyes, Rise looked around the room, getting a better view of it then she had before. Before she had only seen him, and the fire, now she looked around the spacious room and smiled slightly. It really was cozy.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm

He watched her stir, but did not say anything, choosing to let her figure out her surrounding naturally, on her own, and not frighten her. She blinked about and he saw shadows flicking across her face as she had what seemed like a battle going on in her head. He waited the battle out though, it was not his war to fight.

After awhile she sat up and worked the sleep out of her eyes before looking around, taking in the room now that she was calmer. After awhile, he saw a smile turn onto her face and Frank felt that it had been right to give her sleep. "I hope you feel better. Not too warm, I hope. If you're still hungry, the soup and tea is still warm for you."

He paused allowing her to settle even more, decide what it was she still wanted or needed. After awhile he said, "Are you feeling any better?"
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:04 am

Rise jumped when she heard his voice, and her eyes focused on the shadow that was Frank. He seemed to have been waiting the entire time for her to wake up, and had given her time to figure out where she was, and what was going on. Frowning slightly, she looked over at the soup and the tea, and then picked up the soup and gulped some more down. She was so hungry.. she wasn't quite sure why though.. she just felt like she hadn't eaten in days. Which.. now that she thought about it.. had she eaten in days? She tended to not eat much at the Greyback household.. it could have been days for all she knew.

Rise stared at him for a long moment after he asked if she was feeling better. She was sorting out her thoughts, trying to make sense of how she felt. "I feel less insane if that helps.." She said after a moment of thought. "I'm not sure what happened before... but it all just came crashing.. I'm sorry... I'm pretty sure you think I'm crazy now.. and I wouldn't blame you... I think I'm crazy.. so it helps." She said shaking her head. "My life was so normal until this.. and it's just to much sometimes.." She said shaking her head and putting her hands over her head as she pulled her knees to her chest.

Pulling slightly on her hair, Rise looked up at him. "I'll tell you... I'll talk to you.. just ask the questions.. I'll answer them.. just please.. promise you won't hate me." She said in a soft voice, still looking slightly mad, but a lot less then before.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:24 am

Frank shook his head, saying. "I don't think your crazy, Rise. You're very sane, considering all that has happened to you. I don't want you thinking I'm sitting her judging you. I told you, I just want to help you. We all have problems. Trust me, you are not the craziest person I've run into. Did you know Neville Longbottom's my dad? Not exactly normal." He smiled lightly.

He pointed his wand at the tray of food and levitated it towards her, so she knew the food was still there. "Eat first. You need your strength. You seem hungry. It's all still warm, I promise." He grinned. At her words he took a more serious expression and nodded. "Look. Just tell me your story. Leave out what you wish. Just tell me what happened, why you disappeared. I just want to help."
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top