Lesson 7 - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 7 - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 7 - Basic Level

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 7 - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 7 - Basic Level

Post by Darcy Driscoll Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Oh, no, he wasn't getting around her that easily.

"Fifth," Calixta replied.

Just because she didn't remember names didn't mean she didn't know who was in her own year, but it seemed some people just didn't care so much. Calixta wasn't going to let the boy think he was equal to her just because they were the same age.

"And I'm a prefect, so don't try anything funny," she added for good measure.

"We'll start with the swelling solution. I've made that one before. Here," she passed a handful of chopped slugs across the table, "put those in first, stirring clockwise."
Darcy Driscoll
Darcy Driscoll
Second Year Ravenclaw
Second Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Sam cocked an eyebrow and looked curiously at her, "Oh yes," he said sarcastically, "I was going to try getting up to all sorts of mischief with the crypt keeper sitting up there at the front of the class," he said with a slight roll of the eyes, "I'm sorry if I came across like that, but I'm really not here to start any trouble," he added, this time with a friendly tone of voice, and a quick smile her way.

She then seemed to completely take control of the situation, almost hostilely, and started giving out orders, or requests. A bit of both really, but Sam didn't mind all that much, he hadn't made these two, so he was thankful to have a learned partner.

"Not a problem," he told her, accepting the slugs and looking at the board, noting that the instructions of adding them were missing. Now he was faced with a real dilema, ask the girl for help, or take a wild stab in the dark and either add the slugs gradually as he stirred, or put them all in at once. Knowing that the results of the former could be devastating he decided to bite the bullet and face the music. The teacher would be no help, so he decided to ask the girl. "Sorry," he said, turning to face her completely, "I'm afraid I'm not sure how to add the slugs, is it gradually, or all at once?" He asked, knowing once he'd asked that he'd made the right choice in asking.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:47 pm

''He is fooling you young girl boasting with being a prefect. Don't I get to approve that? Have I approved you?'', he wondered, although for himself. ''But, to get to the main point. He just wants to get inside your pants, as boys usually do, especially if they are late and contemplating about sacking a certain professor with a cane'', he explained with a smile. ''You should add the slugs carefully, Grigori. When you prepare pizza, do you put all the salami in the middle like a tower, or do you spread it carefully? I mean, you can put them in all at once, but you won't get the same effect. Use your mind, not your hormones, Grigori'', he said.

He then turned to Pippa. ''No, actually, my pet penguin named Stalin told me about you. He didn't tell me anything bad, though... you seem quite charming with all that queerness of yours. Unlike Grigori, who just uses simple and stupid methods'', he replied to her. ''Do continue with your work'', he added.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sun May 01, 2011 10:08 am

Sam rolled his eyes as the Headmaster spoke, but was surprised to find he actually helped for once. "Some potions require them to all go in at once don't they sir, it was a valid question, I think," he told the professor, nonetheless he began to gradually add the slugs as he stirred the cauldron, taking the rest of the ingredients as they were handed to him. "Why do you act so grumpy all the time sir?" Sam asked, not looking up from his potion as he stirred it.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Sun May 01, 2011 12:45 pm

''And I think you're an idiot'', Doyle replied. ''The question wasn't valid. Slugs are animals, like you... like everyone in this room. They're not plants so that you can do whatever you want and get the same effect. There is a difference when dealing with animals and when dealing with plants or powders... those are basics, Grigori... basics!!! Ten points from Gryffindor. Also, grumpy? I always thought I was the most cheerful person in the world'', he said, acting dumb.

(Nothing personal, it's just Doyle XD)
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Mon May 02, 2011 11:35 am

What a fool this man was, he hardly seemed to know the basics himself and hardly seemed to be able to cope with dealing with students, this was certainly the most stupid and incapable teacher he had ever encountered. Learning was about asking questions, if a teacher was incapable of answering them, he was a failure in Sam's eyes.

Sam looked at the Headmaster incredulously and found himself shaking with fury. "It doesn't matter if it's a plant or animal," He shouted, knowing this because the previous potions master had taught him that back in the first year. "I didn't ask whether it was an animal either turn your hearing aids up you old fool," he added, his words filled with venom. "If you knew the first thing about plants and animals... potions ingredients at all you would know that the same basic rules apply for all," he spat out, grabbing his bag and furiously packing his quill and inkwells, but leaving his potions text book on the desk.

"Maybe you should revise your own basics, learn how to teach you incapable invalid!" He shouted, turning on his heels and walking to the door, before pausing and walking back. "Forgot my book," he said grumpily, before smiling as though he'd come into a sudden thought of revelation. "Actually, you can take my book and my class membership, and shove it up your."

The rest of Sam's little tirade was cut off as he threw the book into his cauldron, then kicked it over, spilling an acid green substance all over the floor, somehow heading far from the students desks, but instead heading right for the front of the class, eating into the professor's desk, and should it reach it, his foot.

The rest of the year looked a lot brighter now that Sam had chosen to drop potions.

((Same to you chap Very Happy ))
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Wed May 04, 2011 2:28 am

Keith dodged Samuel as he stormed out of the classroom, and bit his lip. Now was probably not the best time to come in late to class, but he didn't exactly have much choice.

"Uh," Keith said, walking up to the professor and trying to blend into the background as much as possible. Think like a chameleon...

"Sorry I'm later professor," he said, handing Doyle a note. On it, in incredibly bad handwriting, was scrawled: Keith had to miss class cause I needed him for stuff. It was signed...something, Keith had intentionally made that part vague.

Keith sniffed the air. "Hey, does anyone else smell something bur-" he glanced down, where the acidic substance Samuel had spilled was burning a hole in his shoes. "Ah! My shoes!" He shouted, hopping away from the green stuff.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Driscoll Wed May 04, 2011 3:37 am

"HEY!"

Calixta totally empathised with the desire to throw something toxic all over their sexist bastard of a teacher. Honestly, wanted to get into her pants? Just because he leered at every female student didn't mean all the boys in Hogwarts completely lacked self control.

But when that toxic substance had come out of her cauldron, that was where Calix drew the line. She was going to have to start over, now.

With a heartfelt sigh, she pulled on her dragonskin gloves and levitated her cauldron out of the goop. It was beginning to tarnish right before her eyes. Grigori was going to pay for this, both literally and metaphorically, later.
Darcy Driscoll
Darcy Driscoll
Second Year Ravenclaw
Second Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Wed May 04, 2011 1:34 pm

((I thought that was my cauldron. Still, I wont let that stand between us and a good personal plot. Go nuts in killing sam.

Literally and metaphorically of course))
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Wed May 04, 2011 3:39 pm

''Oh bloody hell, you incompetent idiots'', Doyle said, drawing his cane and jumping from the desk. This asked for a quick intervention. He managed to levitate all of the cauldrons back on the desks and then started cleaning the mess those idiots made. He managed to get rid of the toxic material without much problems, this was beginner's mess, but still, he wouldn't allow for such behavior in his class. After everything had been cleaned, he emptied all the cauldrons with a flick of his hand and then limped back to his desk, jumping on it. ''Now, what is this? A gorilla causes a mess, one of you almost burns down and the little one thinks she is Mother Theresa! You're in Potions class people, not in Grandma's House. Luckily enough, today's assignments weren't even complex, but you are lucky enough to keep all of your limbs. Thirty points FROM each House! You incompetent... do review your basics, please, before trying to destroy this classroom. Class dismissed'', Doyle said, limping out of the classroom into his office.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum