Khaat's Birthday Party (Everyone) (And I mean EVERYONE)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Khaat's Birthday Party (Everyone) (And I mean EVERYONE) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Khaat's Birthday Party (Everyone) (And I mean EVERYONE)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Khaat's Birthday Party (Everyone) (And I mean EVERYONE) Empty Khaat's Birthday Party (Everyone) (And I mean EVERYONE)

Post by Jess Potter Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Jess couldn't help but feel happy as he entered the Leaky Cauldron on the evening of the fourth of April. It was a nice evening, despite it being early in the season, the change into spring could definitely be felt in the air, which of course was part of why he was so happy.

The second reason was that it was one of his closest friend's, Khaat's, Birthday today, and he'd successfully managed to plan a party for her without her having any clue, right up till 5 minutes ago when he'd sent a patronus to her inviting her to the Cauldron.

The usual crowd was still there, lurking in the corners and doing what patrons of the Cauldron did best, making themselves scarce, but the usual hubbub was not filling the room as it usually did, for Jess had made sure that there'd be room for the party today, with no chance of people being turned back from the get together.

The guest list, of course, was huge. Think of the St. Mungos patient list, and you had most of the guests right there, however there were more than a few people who knew how to take care of themselves, which was probably the only other way that one met Khaat.

With a heavy beat filling the air, and the sound of tankards being filled to the brim meeting his ears, Jess pushed forward and into the centre of the room, waiting for the rest of the guests, and the guest of honour herself to arrive.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Khaat's Birthday Party (Everyone) (And I mean EVERYONE) Empty Re: Khaat's Birthday Party (Everyone) (And I mean EVERYONE)

Post by Brian Quinn Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Brian was pleased that Jess had come up with a surprise birthday party for Khaat. He had helped Robert set up how Khaat was going to get there without a clue. He had done his best to get all of her closest friends in on the plot. And his job was to make sure her mother, Kate, got there.

The ruse was simple. An extra long day at St. Mungos. Robert had her working late on things that he had said could not be postponed even one more day, and Khaat, of course, went along with whatever she believed St. Mungos demanded of her. Meanwhile, Brian had wrapped his gift for her, and just as he was finishing, Kate arrived, with a gift of her own tucked safely in her purse.

"Are we ready?" she asked.

"I think," he said. "Shall we take the girls?"

"Certainly!" Kate said. "They're almost a year old now, and they are always well behaved when we take them out."

"Well, I dressed them for going out to her party, just in case," Brian said. Kate looked around and didn't see them.

"Where are they?" she frowned.

"Max!" Brian called. The large white cat peeked his head out from behind the sofa. Kate and Brian laughed.

"Behind the sofa? Again?" she laughed. She and Brian moved the sofa, and Brian picked up Abbey while Kate picked up Dakota. "Is Angus coming?"

"Of course. He rushed off to get a last minute gift. He didn't plan ahead," Brian laughed. "Shall we?" He reached for Kate's hand, and they apparated to Diagon Alley. They made the short walk to the Leaky, and walked in. They saw how many of Khaat's friends were gathering, and it impressed them. They were sure she would be impressed.

They went over to Jess and Brian said, "Good evening, Jess. Thank you so much for doing this. I think Robert has her completely fooled. He has her thinking they will be working all night. If I know Robert, he'll get her over here for a dinner break. They love the fish and chips here, and this is the number one spot they slip off to when they work late. So, its perfect. I hope you don't mind we brought Abbey and Dakota, but Khaat would feel empty without her children with her."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Khaat's Birthday Party (Everyone) (And I mean EVERYONE) Empty Re: Khaat's Birthday Party (Everyone) (And I mean EVERYONE)

Post by Miseria Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Mis didn't care if she got the invitation or not. She'd go to Khaat's birthday even if she wouldn't be on the list. Mis would probably break through the walls with the explosive's that she got for Khaat's b'day.
Lately she became obsessed with fireworks. It was beautiful, and almost enchanting. She had two boxes with her. One with the fireworks which would pop out as soon as they were open. Why not to play a little prank? In fact, they were 100% safe, so no one should worry.
In the second box was the real birthday present. An emerald necklace, framed in silver.

When she reached the Leaky, she was surprised to see so many people. Khaat wasn't anywhere near. Making her way through everyone, she finally stood next to Jess, Brian, Kate, Abbey, and her daughter, Dakota, who smiled happily when she saw her. What made Miseria sad was the thought that little Dakota probably saw her as a sister, not as her own mother. Kate, and Khaat were there for her when Mis was at school. She'd take her daughter, but her hands were full right now. And she didn't want to put the boxes away. Someone might open the fireworks one, and crush the party. “Good day, ladies and gentlemen,“ she greeted all of them with a wide smile.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:31 pm

"Mis!" Kate waas pleased to see her granddaughter. "How wonderful to see you! It seems like its been forever. How have you been? You're welcome to take Dakota whenever you get your hands free. Brian has a place for us at a table over there," she pointed to a table halfway across the room where Brian had put their coats. "You're welcome to join us. I'm glad you could make it. It wouldn't be the same for Khaat without you here."

Brian smiled at Mis. "Hey, Mis! i'm so glad you came! Khaat's going to be so surprised. Robert has her entirely preoccupied. He evidently has told her that she is going to be working all night at St. Mungos. She doesn't have a single clue. This should be a lot of fun. Oh, and do I ever have some stories for you about Dakota!" He laughed.
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Miseria turned herself around to look at Kate. It was amazing to see so all of the Lupins gathering there. She missed them. All of them! “Thank you,“ she smiled at her grandmother. Though they weren't related by blood, Mis could feel connection between them. “I'm sorry for keeping you busy with her. I can imagine how tired you are.“ She wanted to apologize more and more, but then again, it wasn't All of her fault. The school was the thing what kept her away from her family.
Then she looked at the table, and back at Brian, the only male Lupin around in the Leaky. She looked at her big box, and scowled. Maybe she should've bought more fireworks? That would add a little more excitement, and the girls would Love it. She was sure of it.

“Oh you do?“ she asked. She felt how an emotion named 'Jealousy' started boiling in her. Mis wanted to have fun with her daughter as well, not let her be with the adults only. They really knew what they were doing, and Brian was almost like a father to Dakota. Mis, on the other hand, didn't know nothing about little kids, how to feed, and talk to them. She smiled at Brian. It was better to make a happy face than ruin the whole party. “Share some. I hope she hasn't been a bad girl.“
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:28 pm

"No," Brian smiled. "Not at all. She's a joy. She's smart, and she's got an endless curiosity and need to check everything out. I think she gets that sense of adventure honestly from you. She and Abbey are good for each other. And, I know this is going to see strange, but Khaat's big white cat, Max, has become her best buddy. He seems to know when Dakota gets bored. He just starts to walk through the house slowly, and she follows him. Its good exercise for her. She's speedy at crawling. It won't be long before she's walking, I think. And her favorite place to go play, right at the moment, is behind the sofa--with Max. We're always fishing her out from behind the sofa. She makes us laugh. When I look at her, I see a lot of you. Mis, I cannot tell you what a joy she is to my life and to Khaat's. And we want you to come spend time with us anytime you want so that the two of you get to know each other. Its important to us. We do know we're only substitutes for you, but she's a wonderful little girl. Anytime you want to come, you just come. You will always have a home with us whenever you want, and as long as you want."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:38 pm

It seemed that Dakota's everything Mis wasn't. She was a pure joy to Khaat and Brian. Atleast that's what they said. And she was fun, and loved to explore the world. Of course Mis was the same at her age, but she was a little bit more careless. She didn't hide behind the sofas, she loved to run into the woods, get lost in there, let her parents take her home, and later do the same mistake. She didn't leartn from her mistakes.
Atleast her daughter was better than she. And she wasn't with a full curse. Dakota didn't turn into a werewolf on every full moon. Mis did. And she was glad that atleast Dakota was almost free from it. “And her appearance?“ She asked. Miseria's a metamorphagus. She could change her looks on her own will and needs. Did Dakota inherit the same gift?
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:57 pm

"Are you asking about whether she's done any transformations? Well, no. She hasn't. Not yet. But that doesn't mean much. Some children don't discover that until they get a little older. The only thing I've really seen her do is that if she wants a toy, she can draw it to her sometimes. Little bursts of accidental baby magic. Don't worry. She's perfectly normal for her age. She does sometimes have a bit of a stubborn streak, but we can all do that, really. And she has a clear sense of what she wants and doesn't want. She's strongwilled. Sometimes she uses that to take advantage of Abbey to get a toy if she wants it or something, but that's just is normal for two kids.

"She likes to be wherever we are. In the same room, anyway. And she needs to always be exploring everything. I think she knows every corner of the living room and the kitchen and of the nursery. She's starting to use a few words. She knows mama and dada, and she has her own sort of made up language for words like cookie and juice. She's learning fast. Personally, I think she'll be trying to walk before her first birthday. She's too smart not to."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Mis closed her eyes. Hearing stories about Dakota was so intoxicating and interesting. Both at the same time. She couldn't hold herself but just smile, though, Brian didn't get the true point of her question. Therefor, she was always happy to hear adventures of her daughter. She really seemed like a smart and fast learning person. In future, she'll hopefully become smarter than Mis is.
When he finished, she couldn't wash of the smile from her face although she wanted to correct herself. Finally, when she looked at her daughter, who was busy at looking at the other people who were walking all over the place, she finally crushed back into the reality.
“What I meant was if she has any abilities to change her appearance.“ To show Brian what she meant, she turned her light brown hair into coal black, and then back into brown. “Anything like that?“
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Cassidy turned up sligtly late her tops had gotten longer to hide the scar that sat at her on side she was selfconshiose abiut it. She had tried to ask Clayton to come with her but he had an important meeting he had to go to and so she was alone . she smiled seing Brian and kate she moved to them " hi " she said softly to them some what still embarased about her actions in america. she played with the ring on her finger hoping maybe Cayton would show she was also glad to be at Khaat birthday party it was rare she went out on her own she wanted her time to be with Clay she just could not stbit this was like having a family a party.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top