Count to Ten - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Count to Ten - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Count to Ten

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Count to Ten - Page 2 Empty Re: Count to Ten

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:05 am

"You don't have to go," Khaat said. "You're family, remember? Brian gets to talk with me enough."

"She's right. Its no big deal," Brian said. "Don't rush off just because I'm here. So, you know about these guys, then, huh, Soph? How much do you know?"

"Brian..." Khaat cautioned. Brian waved her concerns away. She understood him. He wanted her to know that he had things under control again.

"Khaat is a bit concerned that perhaps giving you so much information is perhaps a bit dangerous. She's just being a bit protective. Personally, I'd rather you know how you got into this business with Barker to begin with. As close as you and your family is to ours, you might as well know the whole truth. She's right. It isn't the most public information, but since you had time with Barker as well, you do have a right to know. It just might keep you safe. Keeping you ignorant of the facts is not going to protect you at all. Not in this case. Come back in and sit down. This might take a moment or two."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:31 am

Sophia looked at Brian and shrugged. "Well... I don't know much, but the reason why he kidnapped me was to get information about Khaat from me."said Sophia softly. "I know Arabella told me that Barker's boss tried to attack Khaat behind Sparks but lucky Ara saw it."said Sophia softly. "Other then that I don't know anything other then what Robert told me about him which wasn't much."said Sophia softly. "Why are you telling me this Brian, Burke isn't after me!"said Sophia softly. Sophia didn't get why anyone was telling her this, of course she was a trouble magnet but Baker was behind bars and Burke had nothing to do with her period.

Sophia was sure Brian would explain things to her for it was usually him, Khaat or Robert who did now days. "This has to be bad."Sophia thought to herself sighing but she didn't get why he was after the Lupin's it just didn't make sense. "May I ask why he's after Khaat?"Sophia asked Brain and Khaat softly just wondering why this crazy man was after Khaat.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:47 am

"There's a lot about my father that you don't know," Khaat said. "Well, and I guess there are things you don't know about Brian and me either. Years ago, my father got involved in rescuing a wizarding child that had been kidnapped. The deeper he got into it, tthe more he discovered that there was a ring of very evil wizards who were making a great deal of money by kidnapping wizarding children and selling them to wealthy muggles. The children were trained only enough to use their powers to help the muggles get either richer or more powerful. My father discovered it was quite a large and lucrative business. He gathered his most trusted allies and they formed an organization world wide to stop the human trafficking of wizarding children and to return them to their families.

"Well, that's how Barker came into the picture. Barker's father, along with some other men were working to sell wizarding children to the highest muggle bidder. My father ended up killing Felix Barker's father in a duel in self defense. Barker has been bent on revenge ever since. He went to work for a man named Luther Burke. Burke is the man that was here today to target me. My father unfortunately defeated Burke's father in a duel as well. And he teamed up with Barker to get revenge. And if that isn't bad enough. Both men work for a man named Thomas Gelding. Gelding's father, Seth, was the man who used to run the child trafficking ring years ago. My father killed him. He had no choice. So, here's how it works. Tom Gelding runs the ring. Luther Burke works for him. And Felix Barker is a hired assassin that works for Luther Burke. All three men lost their fathers to my father. And what they want more than anything else is to make my father pay. The best way, they have decided, is to kill me so that he suffers like they believe they have suffered.

"And that's where I fit in," Brian said. "Khaat and I grew up together. From the time I was 8, I grew up in the Lupin household. When Robert needed a fighter to run his organization, I fit the bill. Robert and Remus trained me to step into Robert's shoes in the organization. Thats' my real full time job. Right now, Robert has no greater priority than keeping his family safe. So, he moved me from the organization headquarters back to London to help protect Khaat and her daughter. I moved back the night Abbey was born. My primary job, at least for the moment, is to bodyguard Khaat and her children."

"Neither of us knew at the time that it would get...personal between us," Khaat said. "I think Brian wants you to know that you were taken and targetted because it would matter. It would matter to us a great deal. When Barker messed up taking me, he found you. Its all in seeing how badly they can make my father suffer. And as far as I'm concerned, nothing would please me more than to see Barker, Burke and Geldling all dead."

"Patience," Brian said to her calmly. "They've been following Khaat at every turn for months. Since at May when Abbey was born. Thats why our protection of her has been so large scale and intense. Its had to be. But, I really do need her to take me seriously now and let me either guard her here or to institute a security team here. One or the other."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:16 am

Sophia listened to Khaat's story and couldn't believe what she was hearing. Who would do such a thing to kids? That was obvious Burke would. Sophia couldn't believe muggles used people like her just for their magic to make them more powerful. "Oh my gosh, that's horrible."said Sophia softly. She was glad Robert put a stop to that or it would still be going that way. "So let me guess, Burke is trying to kill you not only for revenge but to try and get powerful again?"Sophia asked them softly. "God this Burke dude crazier then I thought."said Sophia softly.

Sophia listened to more of Khaat's story and shook her head. Of course Burke was crazy but what would selling kids have to do with being powerful? In Sophia's opinion it was just stupid and pathetic excuse to become powerful . "Why haven't we been able to catch this Burke guy, I mean it can't be that hard to catch him if he's after Khaat all the time!"said Sophia softly. Surely if they caught Barker they would be able to catch Burke. "So basically Barker kidnapped me to get to Khaat for they knew that it would hurt her."said Sophia softly.

Sophia turned and looked at Brian shocked. "Oh wow... I didn't know that, well of course I didn't I knew you were a auror though but not that."said Sophia softly. Sophia looked back at Khaat and nodded. "Yes we must have patience Khaat we'll get them we already have Barker right where we want him."said Sophia softly. "So both of those guys after you?"Sophia asked her softly. One thing Sophia didn't get why was she taken from two death eaters. "But I have a question why was taken by two death eaters, Burke didn't have anything to do with this did he?"Sophia asked them softly. All she remembered was two death eaters name Thoar and Calei or something like that.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:16 pm

"Nah," Brian said, "I can't imagine Burke or Gelding hooking up with English death eaters. Burke and Gelding aren't based out of England. They're based out of mainland Europe." He wasn't going to give her details on where exactly their base of operations were. He didn't want to give her information that could put her in danger. "I doubt the incidents are connected. Not unless Barker hooked up with them before his arrest. But my best guess is that the two are completely unrelated. They may have had some similar motivations, because of your father being the ex minister, and because of your closeness to Khaat, but I don't think that they were working together. I don't know for certain, though.

"Burke and Gelding are stoppable, but we want to be sure that we have stopped them for good. We want to be certain that we're not allowing someone to just step in and take their places. Not if we can help that," Khaat said. "That's why it is taking so long. And because they have almost unlimited financial resources."

"Not anymore," Brian grinned at her.

"Oh?"

"I wiped them out. Completely. Again. Took every cent they had in their muggle accounts and pinched every wizarding account I could find for anyone in their operation or connected to them--worldwide."

Khaat laughed. "That's a game Brian is particularly good at. They amass millions, and Brian steals it from them and bankrupts them. They start all over again, and Brian wipes them out again. And I don't feel bad at all that a bit of our money is money that we stole from thieves and murderers. So far, we've put a hefty sum of it into refurbishing and remodeling St. Mungos and bringing it up to date. There's only a certain amount I can do with transfiguration and conjuring. The rest of it comes from the cash Brian pilfers every so often. And besides, it at least sopts them for awhile in their child traffficking."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:30 am

Sophia nodded. "Yeah your probably right, there probably after me because of daddy use to be one of them and there after him."said Sophia softly. Sophia knew there was more they weren't telling her she could tell but wasn't going to say anything. Sophia wondered why they weren't telling her the whole story of this Burke person. Sophia figured they wanted to protect her as much as possible which Sophia understood but it was alittle annoying. Sophia kept her cool for Sophia knew she was a troublemaker and a trouble magnet but sometimes she couldn't help it.

Sophia looked at Brian and smiled for she was relieved that Brian stopped them some from doing bad things anymore. Sophia looked back at Khaat and nodded but she shook her head for it was getting to much for Sophia to take. It was hard to believe that there was so much more to the Lupin's then she really knew about them. Sophia was holding her head trying to adjust to all this information that was going into her brain now but she wasn't sure she wanted to know anymore. "I don't think I'm feeling quite well."said Sophia softly still holding her head with her hands.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:00 am

"Its a lot, I know," Khaat said, understanding. "But its sort of a family trait. We always seem to need to be doing something for the greater good. I don't know why. You'd think after a point we could learn to mind our own business."

"That just isn't going to happen," Brian laughed. "Look, the only reason we told you this is so that you understand how you probably came to being in Barker's hands. That's been our best guess. And since his boss came here to look for Khaat, we really didn't want you thinking you were perhaps going to be his next target. It just isn't the way Luther Burke works. Not really. And, I wanted you to know that Robert and I have it enough under control that we don't think you're in any danger. You're the only other victim that Barker had, besides Naomi Greyback that we know of, and we didn't want you to think he'd be back for you. You deserve to be able to breathe a bit easier."

"I just don't want you having to look over your shoulder," Khaat said. "Not when it isn't necessary. We don't mean to stress you. Honest."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:27 pm

Sophia nodded while still holding her head. "It's ok Khaat, thanks for telling me this."said Sophia softly as she winced alittle. Sophia laughed her tinkling bell laugh. "I don't think any of us know how to mind our own business."said Sophia smiling. "I think it's more back down a fight for the greater good."said Sophia softly. Sophia nevered backed down no matter how stupid for she believed for the greater good as well in things. "I think the Lupin's and the Lestrange's have a bad habit of doing that though Khaat, minding our business is something we can't do."said Sophia laughing.

Sophia looked at Brain and nodded for he knew he was right. Barker just came after her hust to get to Khaat and she was a easy target. "I don't think I'm going to be anyways, I'm usless to them."said Sophia softly but honestly. Sophia didn't get why Barker kidnapped her it wasn't like she was any information to him, but she knew that Barker did it to make Khaat and the Lupin's care. "My only question is why did Barker come after Naomi Greyback for, I mean what help is she to him?"Sophia asked softly. Sophia always wondered that but she nevered knew the answer to it.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:18 am

"I have no bloody idea," Khaat said. "I wish I knew. What we know is that when she had the chance to escape from him, she didn't. When Barker had the chance to be rid of her, he protected her. Brian ran into them in a shop one day, and Greyback had every opportunity to run, and instead she hid behind him for protection. And he was willing to die at Brian's hands to protect her. That told us that Greyback has aligned with him. We have no idea why or where the daylights she is now. We just don't know.

"What I guess I presume is that, for whatever reason Barker took her, the two of them became romantically involved after that somehow, as sick as it sounds. It is possible. Its not unheard of. Its a phenomenon that, I believe, is called Stockholm syndrome. Where a victim falls in love with his or her perpetrator. It sounds a bit weird, but unless they knew each other before the apparent kidnapping happened, something changed in their relationship that made them fall for each other once he had her.

"Personally, I don't think Barker would have fallen for you or me either one because we're both to independent and we would never have fallen for his tricks and allowed ourselves to become involved with him. Not ever. No matter what. Just wouldn't have happened."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:05 am

Sophia nodded. "Hm... there must of been some connection Barker felt for Grey back when he kidnapped her."said Sophia softly. "Well... apparently Barker was feeling more then just torturing her, he was feeling love for her."said Sophia softly. There was alot of questions that they didn't know that was behind Barker and Greyback. All he did to Khaat and her was torture them and have that stupid mut lick there blood and make there wounds infected. Although Sophia was sure she scared the living daylights out of that dog when she turned halfway into her wolf animagus.

Sophia looked at Khaat with a disgusted look on her face. "Ugh... I think I'm going to be sick Khaat."said Sophia. The thought of Barker being in love sickened her but also made her laugh for Barker was a cold blooded murder and tortured people for fun. Sophia looked at her and nodded. "Do you think he enchanted her to make her fall for him?"Sophia asked Khaat softly. It was possible I mean why else would Greyback be like a lost puppy and be so loyal to him? Sophia looked at Khaat and nodded for she was right although his turkish cologne was stuck in her head for quite awhile as well as having nightmares about him. "Did you ever have nightmares about Barker?"Sophia asked Khaat softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top