Why? Because He's a Human Being!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Why?  Because He's a Human Being! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Why? Because He's a Human Being!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why?  Because He's a Human Being! Empty Why? Because He's a Human Being!

Post by Hershel Layton Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:18 am

Hershel slumped down as he and Felix's immoblized body made it to the Mungos lobby. Luckily it was late at night so there wasn't too many patients in the lobby. He looked at the front desk "Get me Robert Lupin! And get this one a stretcher!" he called and pointed to Felix. He looked down and felt his chest and his head, cracked ribs and a concussion. Layton had done some major damage to Felix, even though his lip was bleeding bad he was alright. Cracked jaw and a slpit lip, nothing that couldn't be healed relatively quickly. "He's, immobilized don't....worry." he struggled, his jaw really hurt to move.
Hershel Layton
Hershel Layton

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Why?  Because He's a Human Being! Empty Re: Why? Because He's a Human Being!

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:46 am

Hannah had passed Robert the message and waited for his reply. He looked at her, his face completely stone. He took a brief moment. "Thank you, Hannah," he said quietly. He looked down at Khaat. He had come to check on her and was standing at her bedside when Hannah had passed the note to him.

"What is it?" she asked softly.

"Barker," He said very gently. "We've captured him alive. He's in the building. Don't worry. You'll be surrounded. He wont' get to you."

"I want my wand."

"Of course," he said, drawing it out of his jacket and laying it in her hand. He understood her fear. He stroked her cheek. "I'll be back as soon as I know, and I'll try to leave him alive."

He went down to the Emergency Room Layton had indeed captured Barker. Barker was pitiful looking, and it didn't look like he had been, at least on the surface, that horrifying looking to begin with. "Well done, Layton," Robert said quietly. "Well done, indeed. Hannah will tend that bit for you while I see to Mr. Barker here."

He looked at Felix. "Well, well, Mr. Barker," he said in a voice as smooth as silk . "Welcome to my world now. I am your host, Robert Lupin, and believe me, I want you very, very much alive. What I have in store for you is so much worse than death. I want you alive and well so that you can fully appreciate it. So, let us begin, then, shall we?"

He left Barker under his immobilus spell and he set Barker's broken ribs, and set healing spells in motion for his chest and his head, then made sure he hadn't missed anything. He was careful to bind Barker's magic, a standard procedure for having criminals in St. Mungo's.

The next standard procedure was, at this point, hospitalization for him in the pychiatric unit because of its extreme lockdown procedures. It was nearly impossible for wizards who still had their power, but even more so for those who did not.

He looked at Hannah and said, "Send an owl to Rob and Jen for me. I want Mr. Barker to be very safe on his transport to his new home."

"Yes, Sir," She said, leaving in a hurry.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:54 am

Felix could feel his anger and hatred towards every person around him setting into his very soul. They took him from one place to another, set his broken ribs, which hurt like hell. His head was healed, and he realized that this man was probably worse then Felix was, he just did it under the law. He was healing him, before he tortured him.. Felix would have winced had he been able to. Once he was healed up, he was put into a psychiatric ward. It was horrible, feeling everything, knowing everything, and unable to do a damn thing about it. The Minister had seen to him himself, and Felix felt he should have felt privileged, but he also knew, that just about everyone he had wronged, was in this hospital. They wouldn't torture him HERE would they? That would be just... wrong.. Not that Felix had a very good concept of right and wrong.

Transport to his new home.. great. Just what he needed, he was being taken to Azkaban already.. Felix could feel his despair starting to get to him, so instead he thought about Naomi, safe with Hyde for the time being, safe, sound, and without him. She could have a life, he couldn't.. he had messed his up, she could claim he had enchanted her and get away, but him? Oh no.. he was the enchanter, the killer, torturer, fugitive who had just been caught. He glared at Robert, hatred in his gaze as he was set on a bed in his new cell like hospital room.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:11 am

Robert left nothing to chance. He made certain that Barker was not going anywhere and was locked securely in his room in the psych unit. Hannah came back and confirmed that Rob and Jen had been sent for.

"Hannah," Robert said, "Where's the girl?"

"What? There was no girl, Sir. Only Layton and Barker."

Robert frowned a moment. Greyback had gotten away. So the game was not yet over. Well, one captured was better than none, but he would not remove any protections or do anything different until he had Greyback too. Beyond that, he had his sights set now on Barker's employer, and the kingpin beyond that who had brought the Barker and the Greyback families back into their lives. He sighed heavily. Decades had passed since all that had transpired, and Robert was still cleaning up the damage those families had done to the people he loved.

He went downstairs now to find Layton, and found Hannah had tended Layton. "So," he said to Layton, "Come upstairs with me. I do believe you owe me an update, do you not? And my daughter deserves to be told that Barker cannot harm her at the moment. I'd like her to stop white knuckling her wand in her room. I'm sure she is still a bit edgy and is waiting to fire at the next poor soul who dares to enter her room. We might want to be sure it will not be someone innocent. We could do that on the way up to my office, if you have a moment."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:07 pm

The absence of his half-sister had not gone unnoticed by many of the other young ladies inhabiting Hogwarts. As such, Ariel believed that he had best do something and do something he did. The eldest Greyback succeeded in terrifying a group of First Years out of the Dungeons and also convinced a gaggle of Third Year Ravenclaw’s that secretly, Barker had a fetish for feet. One of them was quick to point out unhygienic that was and they seemed to equally fear the man. It amused Ariel to no end and he wasted no time in extracting information from anyone that was in Hogsmeade when Naomi disappeared. It wasn’t that he cared but she was his sister and he was sure Fenrir would be irked if he allowed her to be kidnapped multiple times by the same man. He was really neglecting big brother duties.

But, the pipeline had supplied him with information that was meant to be hush-hush. They’d caught him. The only problem was that Naomi Greyback was nowhere to be found.

It was that little titbit of extra information that concerned Ariel and prompted him to track down the two people that would no doubt be in charge of the torture of Mr. Barker. Who else would it have been in all honesty? Why, it was the Lupin lapdogs in the shape and form of the Dent siblings. They’d clearly been summoned and it was that summonses that enabled Ariel to know where they were keeping Barker. What they hadn’t bargained on was the female to realise she was there. Clearly she had a problem with werewolves. She was definitely looking at him as if he was wrong. Not that he looked like one that is. Ariel was ‘kind’ enough to return the knife she’d thrown at him but only in exchange for a time with Barker.

“He’s only in it for himself,” Robert was clearly hesitant, wanting to torture Barker himself it seemed. Ariel wasn’t going to anything of the sort. Well, not without permission.

Jenifer asked, “You want your sister? Don’t you?” A nod from Ariel seemed to satisfy both of them and they accepted his company.

The woman insisted on him walking ahead of them and he did so, using his cane and carefully manoeuvring himself across the cobbles. The last transformation had not been particularly kind to him. He’d gotten into a scrape with one of the dogs that belonged to his father’s pack during the Second Wizarding War. Clearly the delusional animal thought that ‘Baby Fenrir’ was going to continue the religion – it was warped enough to be called that – that they all seemed to follow. Ariel had established himself but at a cost. He’d told them quite clearly to buzz off after that. He’d wanted to be self-pitying. He now had his favourite cane, the one that he kept the Gin and Tonic in.

The discussion the pair were having wasn’t something that concerned Ariel but the mentions of potions and the elusive ‘Rack’ were interesting him somewhat. It seemed as if Mr. Dent already had something planned for the Azkaban Inmate-to-be. This didn’t really bother Ariel but it would be something amusing to see splashed across the Daily Prophet or The Quibbler. That Fisher man seemed to be all for the fictional term ‘human rights’ and the equally fictional term ‘peace’. It wouldn’t surprise Ariel if he rang off every problem that would eventually arise within Azkaban; torture no doubt being the first on his list as well as the additions of more Dementors if the Dent conversations were anything to go by.

“You’ll be Apparating with Rob,” Jenifer called out disdainfully. She was awfully prejudiced.

Ariel Apparated with her brother none the less and he was surprised to find himself in St. Mungo’s. Quick work of the various floors was made until they reached the Psychiatric Ward. How quaint. Ariel was shoved into a magical lockdown room but he could not feel his powers deplete. Robert Dent was left behind and Ariel watched through the window as the female strode off in search of Mr. Lupin he didn’t doubt. Ariel knew he wouldn’t have much time, especially since he and his family were no fans of the Lupins. Still, his cousin had worked here. It was pretty grim. She’d also died here, equally grim. Ariel was sure it was her ring on the finger of Mr. Dent though. He felt entitled to it. No, he was entitled to it and he made a mental note to retrieve it from the man before he departed.

Upon turning, Ariel immediately located Barker. He looked uncomfortable. He probably was. Good.

“This is nice isn’t it?” Ariel asked absently, looking around. “It must be nice compared to some of the dumps you must have been living in. Compared to some of the dumps you’ve kept my sister in. And look at you now,” Ariel stepped forward, the tap of the can hitting the floor as well as his shoes, “Broken, beaten and by an idiot no less. Robbed of your power and robbed of your...lover perhaps?”

Ariel took his wand from his pocket and flicked it, summoning a chair to him. He sat down beside Barker’s bed and kicked his feet up so they were resting just on the edge of it. He tapped the top of the cane with his index finger and hummed thoughtfully, rolling the screwed in wolf head that acted as the handle so to speak. It did a number of things as well as give indications to what Ariel was. He found it ironic, amusing and downright hilarious that no one in Hogwarts could put the pieces together. He wondered if Barker would. Naomi was half of what Ariel was. Half of what he’d become thanks to their loving father. He was the eldest. He had every right to her, just as he had every right to their siblings and that idiot in Gryffindor that looked like one of those Muggles that belonged in an Asylum.

“Now, let’s see...” Ariel tapped his nails against the head of the cane and clicked his tongue, mirroring the tick-tock of a clock. “I want to know where she is, Barker. I want you to tell me and I want you to do it now. I want never get’s doesn’t apply to me, either. I always get what I want. Supply me with what I need and I might help you. I might even keep her safe for you. I can’t do that if she’s somewhere where I can’t get to her. Naomi is troubled. Clearly. She’s also a suspect. The tales of bewitchment aren’t going to fly, so to speak, if they catch her; which they will. They caught you didn’t they? Mmm...the infamous Barker who kidnapped a grand total of three people. You’re terrifying aren’t you? I’m shaking in my boots. Can you tell?”

Ariel smirked and looked at Barker. He poked the end of the cane into Barker’s cheek and moved his head to the side before tapping it back.

“Don’t tell me you can’t talk? How disappointing that would be. Wouldn’t it be awful if I couldn’t save little Naomi from her fate? That fate is a cell next to yours by the way, if you live through the torture that is. But I doubt they’d give you even that luxury, eh? I’m not even supposed to be here but who knows, I could be saving your arse in the near but distant future. Right now I could be sowing the seeds that could get you out of your imprisonment. Then again, I might not be. What I am trying to do is save my sister. Not that I care that much but I owe it to our father. That’s about it. Plus, I think it might be useful for me. You’d owe me for saving the pretty blonde you’re so enamoured with. Oh, how do I know? That’ll be something you’ll want to know. If you really wanted to kill her then you would have done so. And, she would have been here. She’s not. She’s free and hiding. It won’t be long until someone finds her and I doubt highly that the Death Eaters will look after her. Tell me and then we can change subjects to something else slightly more...beneficial to you perhaps? Not that this isn’t. I’m sure you care enough about to her to do something about her predicament. I am buying time for you after all; relief before the torture.”
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Hershel Layton Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:29 am

Hershel stood up as soon as he saw the Minister enter the room. He saw him talking to another lady and a look of confusment cross his face. Hershel groaned, he would have to tell the Minister about Greyback. He walked over to the Minister reluctantly. "I'm sorry Robert, I couldn't capture Greyback. One minute she was there and then she was gone. And the charm I put her under was one of my specialties. There is no way that she or anyone else broke it; it was supposed to last a good few hours." he told him quietly. But Robert was already asking him to speak with Khaat about the situation. He wanted Hershel to tell her that it was alright now. Well it would assure her somewhat even though things might not be alright. He nodded and they started up the stairs to her room.

Robert led him to Khaat's room, there was a man seated beside the bed and they were talking cheerfully. He cleared his throat to let them know he was there with Robert. However Robert remained outside the room, Layton could handle this. This was nothing compared to the press; the man was now standing. "Hi, I'm Blaire.." he told him putting out his hand. Hershel took it smiling and shook it, "I'm Hershel." he said cheerfully. He looked at Khaat, "Well it seems like you're doing well Khaat." he told her. "I am here to tell you that Barker has been captured and is under very tight lockdown here in the Hospital." he told her smiling.
Hershel Layton
Hershel Layton

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:08 am

"Good," Khaat said. "Well done, Hershel. My father said he had a new man on the case. I take it you're him. Thank you. I know that could not have been easy. It looks like you did get just enough of a battle scar to let people know you were there. My father says you're new to the ministry team. Welcome aboard. Although that start had to feel a bit like a baptism by fire. Sorry about that. I am grateful though. I can breathe a little easier for awhile. My plans are to try him in a court of law and then, hopefully, send him off to Azkaban. You do realize I will need you to testify as to your part of rounding him up, correct? Have a seat, Hershel, and tell me a bit about yourself."

She looked at Blaire and realized she still had a grip on her wand. She handed it to him. "Occupational hazard, I guess. I presume you'll take this and make sure I don't kill any of my friends accidently, right?" She smiled at them. Relaxing might take a little bit even after knowing Barker was in lockdown now. "I'm hoping Rob has been sent for. The sooner Barker is in Azkaban, the better. I presume he's here because of injuries? How bad is it?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22692
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:03 am

Felix watched as a person came into his new 'room' and chained him to the wall, after his hands were securely in place, he was lifted of his enchantment. He could feel his wrists starting to get rubbed raw as he tugged at them weakly. Powers, bound, wand, taken.. Naomi? Dead probably. He had nothing else to live for. He could only dream that Hyde had arrived in time to take her away to safety.. So what did it matter that Felix was here? Naomi was going to be taken away.. put into the hands of the 'good people' and she would turn into one of them. Felix tugged at the chains for a while longer, before the door opened and a kid with a cane walked in.

He spoke of Naomi, and Felix realized quickly that this was her brother, and they DIDN'T have Naomi. He narrowed his eyes, and then glared at the kid. He dared to make fun of Felix while he was down and out? But no.... this kid wanted to help Namoi.. he had to deal with him.. for a second anyway. He closed his eyes and sat up a bit straighter, before he started to snap with his left hand. "I don't know where Naomi is.." He said lightly, opening his eyes to look at the kid. "My dog took her away I suppose, but I don't know where she is.. if you find her tell her I said hi." He said with a yawn. "now.. am I going to be treated with a little dignity and allowed to see an adult kid?" He asked looking at the kid. "I thought the Ministry was all for fair treatment." He said with a small smile. Felix had no doubt in his mind that he would probably be tormented to torture to rival his own type of torture, only this time, they had the law on their side.

Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:59 pm

This man had had Naomi in his possession for goodness only knows how long and now, he had no idea where she was. Ariel didn’t quite know what to say. He was most disappointed in Felix. The man let Ariel’s sister run off with a dog. Good God alive. When he found her, Ariel would suggest Naomi get a new boyfriend for her own sake as well as Ariel’s mental stability. Felix let his dog take her away. Okay. Great. That’s great. That made Ariel’s job ten times harder and he was running out of time. A glance at the door told him that dear Robbie was getting antsy on the other side. What did he honestly think Ariel was doing? Nothing that he was imagining, that was for sure.

“Desperate for the torture already are you? They’ve got no tact, Barker, no class. They won’t wait on ceremony for you. The Azkaban guard is having spasms he’s so bloody excited. I told you already, I’m buying you time. It’s whether you chose to take that time or not. That’s on your head. I don’t care if you die particularly. It’s no inconvenience for me. Well, actually, it would have been had you actually had something useful to say. Seeing as you don’t I don’t know why I’m still here,” Ariel shrugged non-comittedly, “I suppose it’s a bit of light conversation for you to digest before we get to the main course. I hope I’m still present for that but I have a feeling the Lupins will chuck me out. They’re not too fond of Greybacks no matter which ones it is. To be frank, I’m not too fond of them either. Neither are you. Which makes me wonder...why didn’t you kill her when you had the chance? It’s curious really. Perhaps you haven’t got the stomach to kill. Oh wait, what about those Aurors? They don’t really count though do they? They’re disposable. So what’s different about the Princess? She’s equally disposable. So is her precious baby boy.” Ariel’s lip curled in disgust at the thought of Krum and shook his head. “You’re a wimp aren’t you, Barker?”
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:14 am

Felix stared at this kid who continued to badger him, saying he was buying him time. Why did he need time? He was going to get it eventually anyway. Why put it off now? He spoke like he knew what he was talking about and he didn't. Felix didn't aspire to be the next Dark Lord, he didn't want to be high and mighty, he got a hold of a few people, and killed/tortured them. He could kill fine, he just hadn't expected on being caught so soon, in fact he had just been about to go kill another random chick. But this kid didn't want to hear that.. he wanted to know where his sister was.

Felix thought for a long moment, thinking on where she might go. But he couldn't think of anything. She had Hyde, which would be good, because Hyde would take care of her... but this kid.. he wanted her back too.. Felix could feel himself getting weaker, and he grumbled. "They might make me pass out if you stay here to much longer." He said, glancing down at the chains, which were glowing. "Don't see the point in you staying any longer anyway... I'm not a wimp.. I just don't kill before I get the satisfaction out of the torture I induce.. I didn't have enough time to get more people, which is why I had such a small number, I didn't kill Naomi, because there was something different about her, and it intrigued me.. I didn't kill Lupin right off, because I wanted to see the light leave her eyes slowly.. painfully, and I didn't get that chance... Elijah.. I was going to torture, by torturing, and murdering his pregnant girlfriend.. Is that a good enough reason for you kid? Now leave me, so that they can have their way with me.. and not make me pass out." He growled, slumped in his chains, now unable to move.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top