Why Not?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Why Not? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Why Not?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Not? Empty Why Not?

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:47 am

It had been awhile since Jack had been to Diagon Alley, mostly because it was difficult to pass Knockturn Alley ever since the events of summer. But Jack had been drawn to it and she continued down the street, trying to figure out something to do to spend the time she needed to waste.

She looked up and saw Eyelops and she paused. Hmm? Why not? She was considering becoming a Magizoologist when she graduated, so may as well check it out. She already knew what sort of animal she was going to get after school, after she had spent what she needed on a place to live anyway.

She turned and walked into the store, looking around as she did, feeling a warmth that had been lacking on the street. She began to browse the shelves, tugging her jacket around her a little more. She sighed, trying to ignore everything that was happening out on the street and focusing on the store.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Why Not? Empty Re: Why Not?

Post by James Manson Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 am

It was early in the morning as James was working on some stuff in the store. He was going to open it soon as he took it over from the Parents of Khaat Lupin. He didn't mind as he loved to work on the stuff. As he walked around Diagon Alley he heard stuff in Knockturn Alley, but he didn't pay attention to it, it was just weird and stuff. He opened the store as he walke to his litlle baby eagle, patting it on her head as he gave it some food. "Hello my dear, soon you will be a strong bird."He said with a smile, as he then walked into the back for the order he got.

As James Manson was busy in the back of the room to sort stuff out. He heard the bell. In a sudden movement the owls flew out of the back room and into the store. "CLOSE the DOOR."He said as he run out of the backroom. "Oh please help me get those birds."He said as he looked at the girl that stand in front of him.
James Manson
James Manson

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Jack heard a call and she turned curiously, looking to where the voice had filtering in from and immediately her vision was filled fluttering wings and flying birds. She understood instantaneously and her arm stretched back, seizing the door and shutting it firmly, her hand momentarily remaining on the hard surface of the door to ensure it stayed closed.

A man rushed into the main room and Jack had enough intuition- and basic common sense- to realize that this was most likely the owner of the store. He asked for some help and she shrugged, looking around. She raised her wand and pointed it at the nearest flock of birds and said, "Impedimenta." Immediately, their flight slowed down and Jack turned and did the rest to the others, moving to pluck them out of the air as though they were apples from a tree. "Where do I put them?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by James Manson Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:24 pm

James Manson gave a smile as he saw how the person closed the door. "Thank you, I own you much Miss."He said as he walked to her. He grabbed the few birds as he put them in cages, just so they could rest a bit. "They gave that new order, but they never told me they were so much and flying."He said as he sighed a bit. "SO I am James Manson, the owner of this shop and if I am right, I am getting Ollivander soon too."He said. "They needed to find a new person that needed to take over."He said as he walked to the phoeenix as he petted it, giving some food.
James Manson
James Manson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:20 am

Jack shrugged, helping him put the last of the birds in their appropriate places, not thinking much of her help- she had happened to be able to help, and it had been a little adventure. Good enough for her. She shrugged, waving a hand, and said, "Eh, no problem. It wasn't too big a deal. It would be bad to let loose a horde of owls into Diagon. Though it may be kind of interesting." She laughed.

He introduced himself and she nodded to herself, before remembering her part of the introduction was now due. "Oh, that's pretty cool. The stores need owners who will maintain them. Hope you're up for it. I'm Jack Dyllan. I know what owning a store is like. My cousin Elliot and I co-own and co-manage Weasleys Wizards Wheezes." She smiled, feeling a pang of pride for her store, and a pang of worry for her cousin. She had not heard from him in so long...
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Manson Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:34 am

James smiled as he looked at her as he heard her joke. "Uhm yeah but then I have the problems, and I don't need or want that."He said looking at her. "You know, if I get that stuff, it makes me a bad owner and they would probally kick me out then."He said. "Lucky it were only owls."He said as he sighed a bit. "If it were firecrabs people would be screaming, from fire and burns and such."He said.

He petted a firecrab as it was very nice to him. "This guy over here, is the longest and oldest Firecrab of the store, it likes to be petted, and is the only friendly Firecrab I have seen, it is also a perfect guard."He said grinning. "You know what I mean."James said looking at her. He then heard about the Wizard Store. "I always thought a weasley could and would take that further, but it is always nice to have people take shops over, to make it alive."He said as he nodded softly.
James Manson
James Manson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:12 am

Jack chuckled at his words, saying, "Well what with the red hair and the obsessiveness with all the pranking and whatnot, people say I must somehow be the third triplet of the Weasley twins in a different time period or something," She chuckled. "I just did not want such a great store go to waste. Probably the way you thought about this store and Ollivanders."

She sighed and looked around, her curiosity still sparked as she looked around at all of the creatures, watching the fire crab he was petting, smiling slightly. She gazed around at the shop and then looked up and back at James, saying, "So are animals your passion? And where do you get all these animals?" She herself was interested in a career involving animals, though she was not sure a shop was right for her.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Manson Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:22 am

"Yeah you could totally be a Weasley, but do tell me you are good at school and not the person that has many troubles with the Caretaker and teachers?"He asked looking at her. He grinned as he petted the firecrab further. "Yeah I had the same thing, it would be a shame to see Ollivanders go, because it is a great store, that just doesn't and shouldn't be sold."He said as he looked at her.

"Yeah i first thought to become Gameskeeper, but it was already taken, so I took over the shop and it could help me much."He said. "I also am not like Ollivander a great wizard in making wands, but I can do it well enough to took over Ollivanders."He said as he gave a soft smile. "So it is good that you came here, these animals I got from over the world, and I even have some rescued."He said as he grabbed a Puffskein. "I helped this fellow, when it was trapped in Diagon ALley, it was hurt and sick, and so I took care of it, it just needs a place now to live."He said.
James Manson
James Manson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:31 am

Jack grinned saying, "Well depends. When I show up and I try, I'm rather good in school, but I'm usually in detention too much. It would be a shame to run Weasleys and not be a proper prankster, now wouldn't it?" She laughed loudly and then stopped to listen to his little explanation. She nodded, thinking that it was good the historic stores had at least been saved from becoming abandoned buildings.

She watched the animals around her as he explained their origins, smiling as he said he had rescued the little puffskein from a sad fate. Jack did not have the time nor the money (not the patience nor the will power, etc, etc) to own any pets. Her plan was to wait until she was graduated and at least had a base of living quarters to worry about getting a furry little companion. "That's cool. I bet it's no small feat watching after all of them, though, huh?" She chuckled.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Manson Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:46 am

He laughed ather comment as he grinned. "Oh just a weasley as it should be I suggest you try and get your name to Weasley Miss."He said grinning. "Yeah you probally are right, but don't try it on me, just to be sure of your lovely red hair."He said. "Because I will prankster back then."He said grinning a bit.

He then looked at her as he heard about the question. "The feeding takes long and to take care about all the animals too, I am just the only one working here, and I am still trying to get some students, that would like to work here and such. Just for the help."He said as he gave a soft smile. "So how about you take this Puffskein with you, it doesn't eat much, it doesn't do much as for cleaning, it just needs a little pet on his head and sometimes playing and then it is fine."He said looking at her.
James Manson
James Manson

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum