Speaking Words of Wisdom, Let It Be - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Speaking Words of Wisdom, Let It Be - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Speaking Words of Wisdom, Let It Be

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Speaking Words of Wisdom, Let It Be - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking Words of Wisdom, Let It Be

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:32 am

Jack stared at him for a second. What else was she supposed to do? He had walked up to her and greeted her, did he think she would turn her nose up at him and not talk to him? She was not forcing conversation, she was asking him a question. If he had not wanted to speak to her, why had he approached her, why had he bothered to acknowledge her at all. She closed her eyes for a second and when she opened them, she was looking off at the Quidditch pitch. Everything was simpler in the air...

She did not look at him again until he continued to speak, apologizing. He admitted he was not used to the question, which she fund interesting since it was he that had introduced her to the concept of asking 'how are you feeling' rather than 'how are you.' Though she was a little baffled and frustrated by his behavior, she shook her head, saying, "No need to apologize."

He replied, saying he was fine. She looked back at him, her sharp eyes penetrating his, seeing something all to familiar. A mask. How many times over the summer had she felt as though she were dying and yet she had managed to become a robot and pull the muscles on her face into a smile, and parrot that she was fine, she was just tired, she did not have any problems, of course...

But she also knew sometimes people wanted to leave it at that, and she did not want to poke and prod James if he did not want to share. She simply continued to stare at him and say, in a knowing, neutral voice, "That's not what I asked. Fine isn't a feeling." But she continued on; if he wanted to press the subject, he would. "A little tired out. The first task is over but I have the stupid Yule Ball to deal with." She pressed her toe hard against the ground and twisted it, mashing up some of the grass as she waited for him to explain how it was her civic duty as a champion to make such appearances, or whatever...
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Speaking Words of Wisdom, Let It Be - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking Words of Wisdom, Let It Be

Post by James Wake Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:48 pm

Ouch. Dancing. I remember when Al made us learn that...
Seriously. That was the moment I knew- he's a prick.
Gentlemen, if I may say, neither of you even bothered paying attention. I thought it was an extraordinary lesson for an eleven year old boy.
Oh yeah... REAL extraordinary. With a ten pound book on my head, and electric wire placed around the steps. Just inch off an- ZAP. One sorry eleven year old. Yeah, GOOD times. Good times...

James sincerely wished to give him condolences to the young woman, but frankly, the in which he had it formed in his head seemed a bit rude. Instead he settled to comfort her in the best way he could. Predictably, it was in the form of social gratification. "Well, as unfortunate as it sounds, that's one of your jobs. I wish I could say that dancing were easy. But I personally find it abhorring. Even so, I learned it. It is a social function which some people actually enjoy. I'm afraid, however, that I can say nothing to comfort you in terms of you taking the first dance. I can only imagine it is nerve racking. Do you have a partner?"
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:12 pm

She was a little surprised to hear that he knew how to dance, because he was a no-nonsense kind of guy, and dancing had nothing to do with studies. When she thought about it, though, it figured. It went along with his whole 'perfect refined gentleman' thing that he had going on. And of course, he found it very important that she do this part of her role. Of course.

She was not sure she liked him assuming she was terrified to do it. She had been to dances before and she had danced... Sort of. Did it count if a pushy poltergeist was leading the way, pulling you along before you even knew which way you were supposed to be headed? Anyhow, she had returned to Satan's and already went through Vito's dancing course... She just had the problem of a date.

Speaking of, James asked if she had one. She shook her head, laughing, "Most people in Hogwarts are sort of afraid of me, not many are willing to dance with me. I'm going to have to find someone who doesn't mind be seeing in my company though, or I'm screwed..." She glanced at him. There was no major revelation, no crazy idea... Just a thought. She carefully asked, "Do you have a partner?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:21 am

"In all honesty, I had no intention of attending... as a guest..." James replied, considering the implications of this little question and answer session. He considered the implication here, letting it roll about in his mind. He did not assume though. "Frankly, with your current social status, I am quite surprised that you have yet to find a partner. Prominent in the Army, a Twi-Wizard contestant. I seriously doubt that you would not have received at least one invite," James continued, letting his disbelief layer thinly. He had the strangest feeling that this would surely end with...
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:37 am

“You should not doubt so seriously, then,” Jack said, a small smirk playing on her lips. “Some people may see that as more reason to ask me, but others who know me know it makes me all the more qualified to beat them up, so I've never exactly been the shining example of popularity.” She chuckled lightly, glancing across the grounds.

The only people she had really heard discuss the Ball were girls. It seemed that it was too early for boys to consider it much, though they were surely already fixing in their minds who they planned to take. Jack, however, had saved that obstacle for last. Uncle Chip had taken the matters of his attire into his own hands, she had met with Vito about the problem of her having two left feet that did not even work properly, but no one could solve her problem of a date.

The only people she was relatively close to, were somehow, or had been, romantically involved with Chase, and Jack did not want to open that can of worms. She knew visitors from outside were invited, but she would not risk bringing Vito to Hogwarts. Not if she wished to continue attending Hogwarts anyway. She needed someone she could at least tolerate who was not terrified of her.

She glanced up and looked at James, who looked as though he was steeling himself for something. She cocked her head. “What, afraid I might ask you?” she asked. The second it was out of her mouth, Jack knew she now had something else she would have to pester James about. She had not considered it before, but now, she realized, she would have ended up asking. “Well... You always were right.” She smiled. “So James... Want to do me one more favor?” She gave him a toothy smile, her eyebrows raised, though she fully expected an onslaught of 'no'. She thought about it for a second. Not necessarily. It would probably be 'no thank you, Ms Dyllan.” She sighed and dropped the smile, giving him a regular look, though there was some earnest in her expression. “If you go to the Ball with me, I'd even promise not to bring my laser pointer.”
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:26 am

"Jack... I will not lie, this is perhaps the worst thing you have EVER asked me to do." James crossed his arms, giving Jack a measuring glance. Trying to determine... was this just a joke? Then again, the though of Jack indebted to James made him pause. From her cheeky grin, James could easily assume that the desire was indeed insincere. He considered the numerous responses he could give. Should he forcefully decline, and falsely laugh it off? Too easy, too unnatural. Especially coming from him.

Instead, James chose to poke back. He paused a moment, closing his eyes, murmuring to himself, and resting his chin on his thoughtfully placed hand. The image of the Thinker. James decided to up the ante just a bit. After all, Jack had messed with him plenty of times. Perhaps it was finally his opportunity to return the favor.

"Very well. I'll go to the Yule Ball with you. But you will be seriously indebted to me, and will do me ONE huge favor in future." He out stretched his arm to her, offering to seal the deal.
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:38 am

Jack burst into laughter at his preamble, because let's face it, that is how she would have reacted if someone had been asking her to the Ball. She would have stared at them for awhile trying to understand what they meant, burst into laughter, and then said how funny they were to even suggest such a thing. So she could not blame him at all for his less-than-enthusiastic response.

At his words she hesitated. What if it were something she could not give him? She mulled it over and weighed over her options. She had to have a date. And all the other guys she shared a relationship with that included mutual toleration of was... Well, that really came down to Vito and she would be crazy and an idiot- or both- to think of inviting him to the Ball. So she held out her hand and shook his, saying, "Can't wait to see what that will be." She grinned.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top