Sugar and Spice: The pain I feel
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sugar and Spice: The pain I feel Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sugar and Spice: The pain I feel

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sugar and Spice: The pain I feel Empty Sugar and Spice: The pain I feel

Post by Keith Nicholas Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Keith sat in the back of the library, a mountain of books surrounding him. Potion books mostly, though there were a few pertaining to adding spells to the potion making process. He was currently pouring over a rather large tome titled Fantastic Elements and was struggling to keep awake. But it had helped him before, and with any luck it would help him again later.

The Spice was complete - technically. It still had a few minor glitches, but they were few and not so serious. Keith just liked to be thorough. If there was anything else he could do with it to improve it, he wanted to find it.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Sugar and Spice: The pain I feel Empty Re: Sugar and Spice: The pain I feel

Post by Faylen Shadows Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Faylen slowly walked into the libary and sighed, his gloomly dark blue eyes showing no emotion. He walked over to a shelf next to a table that was piled up high with books and a blonde boy studing one of the books quite closely. The boy seemed to be falling asleep over the boy, Faylen yawned quietly watching but then looked over to the shelf he was stadning at and studied the names on the book covers. He wasnt looking for anything really, just a good read.
Faylen Shadows
Faylen Shadows

Number of posts : 150

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:42 am

Keith glanced up when he heard the sound of footsteps. Normally people didn't go this far back in the library - Keith had intentionally come to the extended reading section, which only housed books never needed for classes. But he supposed that every once and a while some weirdo would come poking back here for something to occupy their time with. He studied the boy intently for a moment, trying to remember his face.

He was a Slytherin. 6th year? 7th? Keith couldn't remember. A wonky sounding first name, and his last name was Shadows. Keith had to admit that was pretty sweet. The name's Shadows....Awesome McCoolname Shadows.

"Hey," keith said after a moment. Normally he wouldn't have said anything, but he really needed some interaction. between schoolwork and the Spice, he rarely spent free time outside the library anymore, and he honestly couldn't remember the last time he had had a normal conversation.
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Faylen Shadows Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:53 am

Faylen didnt react when the boy said hey he mearly nodded his head and muttered hey back. He hadnt expected to talk to the boy he actually thought the boy was going to pass out over that book he was reading. He studied the books longer and then sighed giving up "Is there anything to read in here?" He asked a loud even though he had ment to think it it came out of his lips anyway. He glanced at the boy whom he knew of as Keith nicklos perhaps, he was probably wrong on the last name but that didnt matter much to him.
Faylen Shadows
Faylen Shadows

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:20 am

Well, the conversation was continuing. That was good. Except Keith kinda sucked at keeping up a conversation. Sure, he could talk someone's ear off if he really wanted to (anybody could, the question was could you do it well) But two sided, meaningful conversations? No. Not his forte.

Oh well. Everyone had to do things they didn't want to do occasionally. Keith dog-eared the page he was on and shut the book with a loud thump. "I dunno. What are you looking for?" He said finally, doing his best to remember how the librarian asked him on the rare occasions he was actually in the library.
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Faylen Shadows Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:40 am

Faylen shrugged not reacting to the loud thud the book made as Keith closed it. He thougth about it for a moment, what was he really looking for... He wasnt sure himself, he couldnt think up of anything he really wanted to read he just needed to busy himself for awhile. "Um, Well. Im not looking for anything in particular really. " He said shrugging once more. He voice came out a bit deeper then normal as he spoke but it usually was pretty deep.
Faylen Shadows
Faylen Shadows

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:25 am

"Well aren't you just a bundle of joy," Keith muttered, shuffling through a pile of books for something that could be of interest to somebody not trying to make an illegal potion. "Have you read Reimagined?" He asked, holding up a book with faded print. "It's a remaining of the Tales of Beedle the Bard in a more modern, emo sense. Like Babbitty Rabbitty is an angsty confused cutter, or some shit like that."
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Faylen Shadows Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:25 pm

Faylen looked at the kid as he held up a book. Interested a little, He took the book and looked it over. He opened it and read the first page curiously, he had never heard of the Tales of Beedle the Bard. "What is it?" He asked not taking an eye off the book. It looked pretty old considering the dusty pages and ripped corners of the pages as well. He blew on the book and a load of dust went flying in the air. "Some one needs to clean these." He said rudely coughing.
Faylen Shadows
Faylen Shadows

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:57 am

Keith coughed and wrinkled his nose. "What's what? Beedle the Bard?" He looked at Faylen in disbelief. "What, you mean you don't know Beedle? Babbitty Rabbitty and the cackling stump, the tale of three brothers..." Keith shook his head. "Like that one needed to be any darker."

He shrugged at Faylen's comment of cleaning. "Well what do you expect? It's the fiction section. And who in hell is going to want to read a fiction book here? We're at Hogwarts. We practically live in a fiction book. It's F***' awesome, thats what it is."
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Faylen Shadows Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:13 am

Faylen shrugged, he hadnt read any books when he was younger there was no need for him to be knowledgeable in fiction. He nodded at the boy, they certainly lived in a fantasy any muggle would be amazed... no excited to meet a wizard some might be a bit scared of what they could do and the evil forces that were out there.

He looked around some more bearly turning his head scanning the sides of the books, nothing seemed interesting, he was already bored of the book that Keith had handed him. He never really liked to read and didnt care for it very much but he always tired since there was nothing else for him to do in the castle at nights since he didnt go out much during the day.
Faylen Shadows
Faylen Shadows

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top