Moderator Guide
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Moderator Guide Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Moderator Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moderator Guide Empty Moderator Guide

Post by Jess Potter Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:54 am

MODERATOR GUIDE

Now previously, Moderators on the site have had rather limited work to do and the main complaint was that they had no idea what to do. Now you won't though, as I have made a list (or a guide if you will) for what your supposed to do. Though site, graphic and advertising moderators all have different duties, you all share a few as well. This guide is for all Mod's to read.

NOTE: There are seperate guides for what the special Mod's (i.e. Advertising graphics, site) need to do individually. This is team stuff.

MODERATOR DUTIES:

Greet new members - Plenty of new members join PA, few remain. One of the problems is that they don't get many people to RP with. So I'd like you all to greet them well, something we admins aren't particularly good at. When they make a topic at Comings and Goings, post there. When they make a Plot or a roleplay request, offer to roleplay with them.

Talk on the Chatbox - A dead chatbox serves no purpose. It makes our site seem dead. So whenever your online, always say something on the chatbox. Conversing with other members is even better. Perhaps offer to RP with them. Also check the cbox regularly to see if some argument there isn't getting out of hand (swearing etc.). Stop that if it happens and report the member to an admin.

Roleplay regularly - Having multiple characters and roleplaying with them all is very good. Always try to be active in roleplaying, don't neglect that for Mod duties.

Post in OOC threads - Its always good to have an active OOC section, something PA currently doesn't have. Post there often.

Check threads - Check IC and OOC threads to see if any members aren't breaking the rules. Namely: Posting under 75 words, posting inappropriate content, Metagaming, godmoding, doubleposting, unrealistic roleplay and bullying of other members. This includes other Moderators and admins too. If you see anything like this and an admin is not online, then feel free to move the topic to the Pensieve, provided it's not one another moderator or admin is RPing in, and that it's not a main topic, if in doubt, PM an admin

Make Suggestions - Suggest stuff for the plot, organization of the site and anything else.

Be professional - don't get involved in fights with members. And don't make unprofessional comments around the site against the admins or fellow moderators, it's ok to have a joke here, I think we're all mature enough to be happy with that, but members don't seem to get our humour :/

There are some other tasks to do which are circumstantial, in these occasions an admin will tell you what to do via PM.

One last thing to remember, don't break the rules. That applies for all members but it does look particularly bad if a Moderator is doing that.

Good luck, The admin team

Last edited by Jess Potter on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Moderator Guide Empty Re: Moderator Guide

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:33 am

Jess Potter wrote:Be professional - don't get involved in fights with members. And don't make unprofessional comments around the site against the admins or fellow moderators *cough* Ne'os *cough*.

Is this an example of unprofessional comments?

Sorry, couldn't help it. XD
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:55 am

Mebe Razz
I've had this topic and forum waiting for me to actually make the team for awhile, so long ago in fact that it was made back when Ne'os was still causing all types of trouble.
Anyway, we can be unprofessional where the members can't see
:O That's right, you no longer fall under the category of member xD
good job on that, haha
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:59 am

Lol =D
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:03 am

Just one thing I have to say...professionally, sometimes the Chat box freezes my internet. So I can't ALWAYS be in the cbox.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:04 am

That's ok, i'm not gonna be all Nazi over this stuff, haha
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate