No Title
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

No Title Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

No Title

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Title Empty No Title

Post by Maddie Kane Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:16 pm

~I’m a What!~
The Prologue

I woke up at five in the morning. The sun was just starting to rise as it did every day. Soon the Long summer days would turn to short winter ones. Leaves would start to fall and soon enough snow will dust the cold hard ground. School will also be starting soon. To soon in fact my first day is in two days. Though I would have to leave around noon today to get there in time.
This year I’m going to a boarding school that is off in its own little world. Not many people know of this school. I found that out the hard way when I told one of my friend I was leavening for the year. This school is for “special people” Like my self.
I know you are wondering what is so special about me. I’d be happy to tell you if only I knew. All I do know is that since birth I was told I was “special” and that I would change the world one day. No one knew when that day would come. Though I did know that on that day people like myself would be accepted into the world.
I sat in the dark as the room gradually got brighter from the rising sun for about an hour. I still hadn’t packed yet and my mother had been getting on to me all week. I should probably start but there is no way I am ready to get up. I lay there for about another hour before my mother came into get me up.
“Remembrance, why are you not up yet?” my mother asked opening my door and turning on my light. She is the only one that calls me that anymore. Even my father called me Ember.
“Because,” I said “I woke up tow hours ago and haven’t felt like moving.” I slowly out of my room and off my back, “and no one calls me that any more even Daddy calls me Ember.”
“Well I named your Remembrance Lynn Fallen,” Mother said finally starting to exit my room “and that is what I am going to call you, and that will be the way it is right up until the day I die.” Mother doesn’t like that my friends nicknamed me Ember and I don’t think she ever would.
Once mother was out of my room I knew it wouldn’t be long before she came back. So I got dressed putting on dark skinny jeans, a red shirt with a yellow cami underneath it. My socks were red yellow and orange. Then my conversance. Then I pulled a trunk out of my closet. This trunk was bought just for me to take to school with me . Slowly I folded up all of my clothes and put them in the trunk. On top of that I placed my supplies. These included paper, pens, and some books with some of the oddest titles. One of these were titled ‘The Eating and Growth Patters of the Fairies.’
What kind of school were emy parents sending me to any way? What school in the world tought you about the eating and groth patters of fairies? Is this place I’m going to really a mental hospitle? All my questions swam around in my head. I knew they would not be ansered untill I arrived at Andrews School for Boys and Girls.
After I was packed I went down to eat some breakfast. Mother had made eggs and bacon yet again so I made some toast and ate that with a bowel of cereal. When Mum saw this she got upset but tried to hide it from me.
Soon Daddy and my brothers Jack and Jim, joined up sown in the dinning room. They were followed by Kate and Kal. We all sat silently as we ate knowing if one of us started to talk something wrong would be said.
Kate, is the oldest, the only other one in my family besides my mother and father to got to Andrews. She was under strict orders not to tell any of us younger ones about this school. Kal is my twin brother, he will also be going to join Kate and I on our trip to Andrews. Then came Jim and Jack there were also twins. The only difference between the youngest two and Kal and I, is the fact that Jim and Jack are five and I identical twins. Then Kal and I are fifteen years old. Of cores he and I are fraternal twins.
Kal is a lot closer to Kate then I. He and I are completely opposites. We can hardly be in a room together with out getting into a disagreement. It was more like the two of use were not twins at all. On the other hand Jack and Jim live in their own little world. Trying to be just like Daddy. Neither of them will go to sleep with out having the other at their side. They can not live with out each other.
Finally mother brother the eerie silence by asking “do the three of you have everything you need packed?” she was addressing Kal, Kate and I who answered with a nod of the head and “yes Mother.”
“Clothes? Shoes? Coats? Your books?” she asked a list of things they would need streaming out of her mouth and rolling off of her tongue.
“We have it all.” Kate said. She as everyone in the house knew I packed everything at the last minute but I always had what was needed.
The rest of the day was rather quiet. Mother had finally let me be and helped Daddy load all of the things into the car. When dad took Kate, Kal, and I to the train station at eleven o’clock Mother stayed with Jack and Jim. We were unable to fit out whole family in the car. Let alone with three large trunks.
I sat in the back set by myself. Kate and Kal chatted with Daddy. They acted as if I were not there at all though tat was okay with me. I loved being alone. When I was by my self it was a lot quieter. The silence gave me time to thank. It brought peace to my life.
The trip from our house in Fairies Fall to London, England was about an hour long. My ancestors had founded Fairies Fall though I have no idea why they named it that. When I asked mother would say. “When your older all will make be known.” so far nothing made any sense at all. I’m hoping that all my questions would be answered soon. Like I know they had been for Kate who never asked anymore.
We pulled into the train station parking lot and hurried inside. Then almost ran to platform number nine. This is where we boarded the train. Our train would be leavening at twelve thirty and it was twelve twenty-eight. Kate, Kal and I waved to Daddy from our seats.
Soon the train started to pull away. We sat in a small room like area on the train it had one bench on either side. Kate and Kal sat on one side while I sat on the other there was a long silence as I watched out the window. The grassy fields started to appear outside.
It seemed like hours before Kate finally told us that only students at Andrews were on this train with us. “really?” Kal asked amazed that there would be that many kids there.
I could Kind of see shy. This train could hold almost two-hundred people not counting the conductor and driver. “yes and it’s not even all of them. There are some students that live closer and only have to take a boat across the lake to get there.” Kate Explained. “and all of them are different. Like us.” she hated how mom used ‘special’ just as much as I did. At least she understands how we are so different from my old friends. Though I could feel that I would know soon.
As it started to grown dark, Kate wisped “we will be arriving soon.” She of Corse was right about this, because the train slowly pulled to a stop about half an hour after she said that. We got off the train slowly. The train had stopped at a station in a small town not far away from a lake. On the lake there were dozens of little boats that looked like they would hold about eight people. Though I would soon find out that everything wasn’t what it seemed to be.
Kate led Kal and I to a boat with a few of her friends, and we all got in. There were like twenty people in the bat and it started to move on its own slowly drifting across the lake. There was no motor nor was there someone to row. It was just like in some of my favorite books.
“Maybe I’m a witch,” I though.
“Kal, Ember, when we get to the school you will end up with the first years at first. Then you will be told to sit at a table. That is when you can sit next to me.” Kate said
“Do they know anything yet?” asked one of Kate’s friends. It was a rather cute guy with blonde hair.
“No, They don’t,” Kate replied to him. “My mum told me not to tell them until we were across the lake.”
Once we were across the lake , Kal and I stayed close by Kate who started talking again. “now I will tell you why you are here, and why we are so different from people back home.” as she said this her ears because pointy like an elf’s, and she began to shrink in size. Wings sprouted from her back. “We are fairies. I am a nature fairy. I take care of animals and things that relate to them Ember you are a fire fairy, you can control fire with you mind soul and any other part of you. Kal you are a water fairy, you have the ability to control water. Jake is a wind or air fairy, as Jim is a light fairy. Then can control the air and the light around them.”
“Wait a minute,” Kal said obviously confused. “is everyone at this school a fairy?”
“No,” Kate’s Friend from before said “I’m a Center.”
“Oh Lane go up to the school already.” Kate said and the boy didn’t move far.
So I just found out I’m a fairy. Well at least my home towns name makes some since. It also makes since why everyone in my family is so short. Okay so half the town is short.
A large castle started to come into view as we walked with every one. I was dazed by the sight. Now it also made since about how Kal and I did not get along.
“I just wish you two luck in earning your wings.” Kate said as kal and I started to transformed as Kate did earlier. Only Kal and I didn’t have wings so Lane carried us on his shoulder. Once we were three inches tall.
Once in side Lane set Kal and I down next to the first years then left Kate. Kal ended up staying close to me as we quietly waited to be told to go inside. I was going to take this year and use it to get loser to my siblings and make some new friends. It was a chance to reinvent myself.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top