Bound ears, blind eyes.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bound ears, blind eyes.  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bound ears, blind eyes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bound ears, blind eyes.  Empty Bound ears, blind eyes.

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:23 pm

Brienne straightened the do-rag on her head. It was to conceal her ears. She bound her tail to her leg, as well. She wasn't going to freak any foreign students out on the first days. She'd reveal her true self when the need arose, or when she was sure that the others would accept her for who she was.

She sat under the tree by the Great Lake. She had her shoes off, and a worm on a string was tied loosely around her toe. She felt a tug, and she kicked her foot up, revealing a shiny fish at the other end. She bashed it upon the tree, and laid it beside her. The Great Lake was teeming with fish, and it was nice to get where the going's good and catch some. She'd cook them tonight in the common room by roasting them in the fire.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Bound ears, blind eyes.  Empty Re: Bound ears, blind eyes.

Post by Selene Brun Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Selene had decided to go out onto the grounds that morning. It was nice and fresh outside, and other students were out because it was the weekend. Smiling she hummed a soft tune and walked down the grounds, sniffing every so often and finding it really was a beautiful place to be. The lake was shining in the early morning light, fall was in the air, and she could feel her spirits pick up immensely. She kicked off her shoes and held them in one hand as she walked down the grounds. The only thing missing was the smell of the salt in the air, and the sting of the water as it hit your face. But it was still beautiful.

Selene made her way to the lake slowly. Her eyes struggling to adjust to the light coming off the water. She held up her hand to shield her eyes, and then saw something moving quickly. She looked over and her body froze. Fish... She licked her lips and smiled at the thought of having fish, until she gained control of herself. "hah..." she whispered and ran her hand through her blonde hair. "Fish..." She muttered and then walked towards the fish without really thinking about it.

Finally she realized WHY there was a fish struggling outside of the water. A girl had it on a string, and seemed to have just fished it out. She licked her lips again, before stopping and putting a smile on her face. Headmistress had said to be nice, the whole point of the tournament was to make friends... right? Well, not according to the headmaster of Hogwarts, but to Beauxbatons.. well she would try to make friends. "'Ello." She purred as she came closer to the girl. She suddenly stopped and stood a few feet from her. There was something... not right about this girl, and she could feel the hair on the back of her neck standing up. She swallowed hard, and then grinned at her. "May I seet with you?" She asked smiling down at her.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:12 pm

Brienne's head darted around, looking for the source of a sound she only faintly heard from through the do-rag cloth. "Uhh, sure, don't mind the fish. I'm catching them to cook up for a snack in the Ravenclaw common room. I feel like I'm in a sharing type of mood and decided to catch a lot for the rest of the Ravenclaw students". Brienne sensed something not right about Selene. As she tied another worm on the string, and dipped her toes in the water, she smelled...cats. Maybe someone had a cat and was walking it. The smell, though, seemed to be coming from Selene. Maybe she had a cat, but she didn't want to reveal her true self yet.

"Care to join me in fishing? I've got an extra piece of string and more worms", she dangled the string from her index finger and thumb, and a small struggling worm was at the end, dangling there. Her head rested back on the crumpled Ravenclaw robes behind her head, and her toes twitched to make the worm seem active and enticing to the fish.

"So, I take it you're one of the new students. Beauxbatons, from the obvious accent and the other clues. I've met a couple of people that are also Beauxbatons students, like Lana. She seemed impressed by what she saw that night when the boat and the carriages came, when I made the rock I levitated hold several tendrils of color. To be honest, I was trying to impress the Beauxbatons boys", Brienne said, she cursed under her breath when she felt a tug, but pulled up only an empty string.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Selene twitched her nose and smiled slightly. "I do enjoy fishing." She said slowly, sitting next to the girl. "My name ees Selene Brun." She said slowly, taking the string with the worm on it from the Ravenclaw girl. "Yees, I am a Beauxbatons student." She said in her heavy french accent. Her nose twitched again and she looked around. The girl smelt like a dog, how could she? Dogs weren't allowed in this school, were they? She hadn't seen any yet.. but Selene could very obviously smell dog all over this girl. She smiled pleasantly, but felt the need to run up a tree.

She threw the line into the water, and held it gingerly, excited to see the fish as it came up, smelling beautiful, mouth watering, she licked her lips again and then blushed. "I am sorrie." She said smiling at her. "Beauxbatons boys are not zat easily impressed, I would know." She said with a light laugh. "Though I do not try to impress zem very often. I do not theenk eet is proper." She said lightly, her line suddenly pulling and she reeled in a rather large fish. She set it on the ground next to her. "Ze fishing in zis lake is veery good." She said carefully, her eyes on the fish next to her.

"You 'ave a very beautiful school." She said smiling at the girl, but her nose was still twitching oddly. "Ze lake is superb, and ze food iz very nice haz well." She said smiling and then turned her head away from her. Something to say, find something to say. "Ze weather is nice to, eef a bit cold, I am used to, ze sea, and warm weazer almost all year." She said lightly, throwing her line back in.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:09 pm

"I'm Brienne Ravenquist. Nice to meet you, Selene. You're gonna love it here, I know you will. I'll make sure that you get properly settled in", Brienne replied. She tied another worm onto the string and dunked it in the Lake. She felt a tug and got an even bigger fish than she caught before. It was shiny and gold like in color.

"Don't worry about it, I've met a nice boy from this school. He likes me and I like him. We've been dating for a little while now. His name is Simon, and he's so wonderful", she sighed softly, smiling. She dipped another worm into the Lake.

"Why thank you, I'm sure Beauxbatons is better though, although Hogwarts is a nice place to be. Well, aside from the horrible teachers who are pompous jackasses" Brienne said, trying to be courteous. "I like the cold weather myself, keeps me nice and comfy, the warmth is very uncomfy for me".
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Selene barely took in a word Brienne was saying when she pulled out the most beautiful fish she had ever seen. This time she licked her lips a lot, and stared pointedly at it. It was beautiful, and smelt great. Not like a gross lake, but like a beautiful, sea water fish. She stared at it for a long moment before looking at the girl again, and smiling slightly. "Ah, boyfriend? I do not theenk guys are worth ze trouble." She said shaking her head. "I theenk it iz more practical to focus on ze future, and zen maybe a family." She said with a small nod of her head.

Selene was itching to compliment her own school, but she knew it wouldn't seem right. "It eezn't as big as 'ogwarts ez.. we do not have a large lake like zis." She said glancing at it. She didn't want to give away the location of Beauxbatons, so she left it at that. "I leeve on the coast zough." She said carefully. "So I am used to ze salty air." she said and shrugged. "I do like it warm, It ez a very cold place." She said looking around. "How much doez it snow?" She asked looking at Brienne, and feeling the hair on the back of her neck stand up again. There was something wrong with this girl, and it was completely weirding her out.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 pm

"Yeah, but this guy isn't. He's not pushy like the rest of them and gives me all the free time I want", Brienne said, scratching the top of her head near the do-rag. She put another worm on the line after she caught a smaller fish. "I'm doing just fine in my studies, it's just the pompous teachers. They want you to follow their words to the exact last detail, not being forgiving if you mess up. I tell you", she rolled her eyes at that moment, thinking of teachers like Wilson and McCoy.

"I think all the stress is the Death Eaters that have taken over the school. I know, I don't seem too agitated by that, but I've grown used to having to whip out the wand if someone falls out of line with me. I'm good at self defense so much so that I fought werewolves".

"Sometimes a large school isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sure, there's lots of people and stuff, but no one-on-one time with teachers, and stuff like that. Not very much, anyway". Brienne ran her fingers through the bottoms of her hair. "It snows a fair bit, I like snow. It makes me happy, and makes me feel great for some reason".
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Selene listened to her explain about school and the Death Eaters. She would have to look it up later. These Death Eaters didn't seem like a very friendly type anyway. "Well I guess I am lucky for not 'aving to take ze classes zis year, we took seventh year classes last year, so zat we may come here and not study." She smiled at the girl and turned to watch as she reeled in another fish, her line completely forgotten. "I 'ave never 'ad to... whip out my wand before. Beauxbatons eez very safe." She said smiling lightly. "No... Death Eaterz, or bad teacherz. And yez, we do 'ave plenty of one on one time with ze teacherz, I took special classes with ze 'eadmistress last year with ze other students who came with." She pulled her attention back to her own line and put a hook on it, tossing it into the lake again and waiting for a fish.

"I do not like ze cold, it makes me want to curl up under a blanket and stay zere all day." She said a bit bitterly. "I much prefer staying warm, and not going out into ze cold, but I guess I must if I want to eat here, we sleep in ze carriage, so zat we have to walk across ze grounds every morning." Selene sniffed and felt a tug on her line, pulling the line in, she smiled at the beauty of a fish on the end before sitting it next to her. "So Brienne, tell me more about yourself, you say you have a nice boy? What year are you in?" Selene wanted to seem polite, wanted to appear to have an interest, when in all reality she really didn't, but at least it helped to pretend she did.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:02 pm

"You definitely are fortunate, the teachers are such pains. They deduct points from your house if you don't follow directions exactly. It's so...unlike last year or the year before. Back then, the teachers wouldn't expect easily forgotten parts of their instructions to be remembered unless they were important. I mean, I didn't think it mattered whether I took the Vampyr Mosp out of the case before transforming it, lo and behold it did. I got a bad grade for that. Any other year, it wouldn't matter", Brienne replied. "I'm glad to hear that it's safe over there, though. I almost went there, but then they found out I couldn't speak a single word of French and decided against it. Here, I can hardly get that one-on-one time that I need so desperately and had to drop a class because I struggled so hard in it. Now the man I live with, who is a potioneer, doesn't want me living with him anymore. Just because I don't want to be a potioneer anymore like he is, and that I dropped Potions because of the rough teachers. Now he wants me to prove that I'm actually brave in order to earn living with him once more". She sighed.

"I'm not a big fan of warm, it makes me sticky and sweaty. It makes me very sick if it's too warm. I find that if it's too cold I can bundle on layers, but if it's too hot then I can't take enough off", she giggled a little at that. "Well, I do have this nice guy. He gives me all the time I need, and I don't have to worry too much about him. I'm in seventh year, a year older than the boy, I believe. I've got an April birthday, and I live with a man named Daniel. He's the potioneer that I told you about earlier. He's also an Auror. I also have a fondness for books".
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum