Lunch and a good book
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lunch and a good book Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lunch and a good book

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lunch and a good book Empty Lunch and a good book

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Cecilia sat in the grate hall a book in one hand and a fork in the other. she used the fork to move the food on her plate from place to place to make it seem like se was eating it while she read her book. she wore her school robes her hair was pulled back out of her face. her foot was tapeing under the table and she started laughing at the book quietly.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Lunch and a good book Empty Re: Lunch and a good book

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Sitting in Jen’s Greenhouse got boring after a while. It wasn’t because she fussed on Elijah too much or the fact that she gave him too much attention it was just that she couldn’t hold her end of a conversation because of the paperwork that was piled high on her desk. So, after hugging his mother - for all intents and purposes -, he left the Greenhouses and headed down to the Great Hall. Elijah shrugged his robes off and threw them around the shoulders of one of the suits of armour.

He pushed the doors to the Great Hall open and strode inside. Elijah looked around the large room and spotted his sister sitting at the Ravenclaw table. He sidled over to her and plucked the book out of her hands. He sat down unceremoniously beside her and dropped his bag on the floor underneath the table. “Blah, blah, blah – then she died, the end.” Elijah closed the book with a snap and banished it with a quick tap of his wand. He didn’t particularly want to talk to Cecelia for a specific reason but it was nice to talk to your siblings every once in a while and she was the only one Eli had so he had better make the most of that.

“What’s new little sis?” He asked with a sly smile, taking a peach from one of the fruit bowls on the table.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:21 pm

"maybe i'll tell you if you give me my book back." Cecilia said looking at her brohter. "and that particular one wasn't a story about some girl. i think it was about muggle mathmatics. like i'll ever need that. the words are so funny though. Who knows where they come up with such words those silly little muggles. " she then took a small bite out of a bright red apple. "whats knew with you? in fact what made you come over here and talk to me anyway?"
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Elijah rolled his eyes. It wasn't as if he cared what the book was about but lunch was lunch -- you didn't read at the table. Elijah would usually draw but at least he ate at the same time. With a book, unless you had it set down on the table, you couldn't eat and read simultaneously.

Elijah arched an eyebrow at his sister and smirked slightly. "They're hardly silly." He said tartly. "They're actually incredibly intelligent. Mathematics insures their way of life."

"Nothing," He shrugged half-heartedly. "You were here and I just decided to come over -- is that a crime?"
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:56 pm

"but the words they use for some of this stuff is so funny. like they use pie in mathmatics." Cecilia said "and no its not a crime its just we never really talk any more." and she took another bite of the apple. she really hoped eli didn't relize that was really the first thing she had eatend since noon the day befor. "we really should hang out more. like we use to when were were litte."
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Had the Krum siblings ever been close? That was the million dollar question. Elijah would have been able to sell his story for a lot more than a million though. He didn’t think that he and Cecilia had ever been close. They’d always been divided in one way or another. Firstly by age, then by gender and then by favouritism. Elijah knew for a fact that their parents preferred Cecilia and he thanked Merlin for it. With the two idiots focusing on his sister, he was left to his own devices – to his own friends, to Alice. Alice was...long gone and yet he was dwelling. He couldn’t act like that yet. He still had a few months to go. December 21st could wait but it would come around sooner than he would expect it to.

“Right,” Elijah said finally although somewhat sceptically. “I don’t remember much of it though.” He said a little coldly. Cecilia was a piece of his family he couldn’t quite get rid of. He didn’t want to completely abandon her because he did have some responsibility where she was concerned but she was his last link to them and he only had to slice that piece of rope – then he was home free. But somehow, Elijah didn’t think he could do that to Cecilia. He wanted to but he didn’t think he could.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:11 am

"it was way befor dad taught me Quidditch. so i was only three or four." Cecilia wispred. "Please, i don't spend much time with mom and dad any more. well i don't spend much time with any one. and i kind of need my brother in my life. you know i've always looked up to you even when you weren't around. Maybe you could teach me about art of something. i kind of need some other things to do besides read and playing quidditch." then she set the half eaten apple down on the table not planing on finishing it.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Elijah didn’t know what Cecilia wanted him to say to her. He hadn’t actually sat down and spoken properly to her in years and he did feel guilty for that. He hadn’t exactly missed her either, which made things worse. He could have spent the summer spending time with her but once again he’d disappeared off to Paris before he’d even made it home. He’d spent time with Fauve and Thierry, his children, but neglected his own sister. His children were his first priority but Cecilia needed him as well, he realised. “Alright sweetheart,” Elijah murmured after a moment. “We can spend some more time together.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:25 pm

"thank you eli." cecilia wispred kind of thinking he really didn't want to. she hadn't even realized that he called her sweetheart. she looked down at the table for a second her eyes following the swirls of the grain. "i really did miss seeing you around. even if we didnt talk much." then she huged her brother quickly then moved further down the table from him. she didn't know how he would react to her hugging him.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:23 pm

There were a lot of things he didn't tell Cecilia about now. Perhaps it was to protect her, perhaps he just didn't want her to know or maybe it was just because they'd grown so far apart so he saw no point in informing her what was going on with his life. Now things had differed completely. Perhaps it was time he let his sister into his life. Perhaps though, it was safer if she stayed out until he had things sorted. She'd be of no use to him, especially if she told their mother. He didn't want Marina to find out just yet. Not ever if he could get away with it.

Elijah's eyes widened slightly when she hugged him but thankfully she pulled away. Elijah cleared his throat awkwardly and poured himself a glass of blackcurrent juice from the pitcher on the table. "How is this going to work then..?" He asked curiously. It had been so long since he'd spent time with Cecilia...he'd forgotten everything she liked to do.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top