Loud Noises
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Loud Noises Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Loud Noises

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loud Noises Empty Loud Noises

Post by Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Luna had captured a bug outside, a bee. She brought it into the study and let it go. The dull hum of the Study Hall would soon become loud with helicopter or plane like sounds. She enhanced the sound of the bee's buzzing tenfold with a loudening charm not unlike Sonorus. She crept away from the study room, stood outside and listened in on the work she done. She effectively made the Study Hall into something reminiscent of a beehive in sound. She giggled softly.
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Loud Noises Empty Re: Loud Noises

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Jack was walking down the seventh floor corridor, whistling vaguely to herself, her hands thrust into her pockets, her eyes wandering the corridor trying to to find something to do that would be worthy of her time. Her bag bounced lightly against her hip, and she could feel the random stock of prank items shifting slightly in the bag, and she kept her face passive.

She had taken to keeping her bag fully stocked full of her pranking tools and implements just in case the perfect time were to present itself for a pranking opportunity. She had decided that she was not going to spare the Death Eater staff even a moment's rest, but make sure hell was being caused at all time.

An irritating buzz filled her ear and she stopped, turning her head as the hum grew even louder, filling the corridor. She could see a giggling girl standing outside the study hall room, looking as though she had just pulled off some sort of feat. Jack swerved over to the girl and stopped next to her, also facing the study hall. "Some sort of charm on an insect then?
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:16 pm

"You bet!" Luna giggled. "I know where there's more of them, too". She increased the volume of the insect in the Study Hall until it was so irritating that students started clearing out of it. Luna started laughing, "I hope Brienne's not in there!" She straightened her glasses so that they stayed on her face, but she laughed so hard that no matter how she moved them they wouldn't stay. She looked up at Jack, she recognized her from the train, which she didn't want to really remember.
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:02 am

Jack nodded slowly, considering the younger girl's words and smirking appreciatively, moving to peek her head into the doorway and peer into the study room to review the damage. At first people just look irritated, but eventually they began to stand and leave. Hmmm, it was nice and simple with some creativity, but the damage was only elementary. But that was where Jack came in...

"I think you're clear, I didn't see Brienne in there," Jack said, moving back and turning to face her again, knowing who she was referring too. She looked back at the girl, sizing her up before saying, "What's your name?" She had seen the girl acting as Brienne's shadow, now that thought about it.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:15 am

"Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield, daughter of the late Silas Hastenfield" Luna said. She straightened up and was more serious when she heard herself mention Silas. She pointed her wand at the buzzing bee, then made it even madder with a simple charm. It started buzzing madly, and attempted to sting the students. Some of them were running around the study room like mad trying to get away from it. However, one unlucky student got himself stung. The bee died as a result of stinging the boy, but the area it stung swelled up a lot.

Luna, upon seeing that, started to giggle. "I just hope he isn't too allergic to bees".
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:51 am

Jack raised her eyebrow at the girl's odd way of introducing herself, having never meant someone who felt it necessary to also introduce their parents. "Wow, parental pride," Jack said, not sure what to say about Luna's dad being dead. She vaguely wondered why she had mentioned her dad but not her mom.

She watched carefully while the girl irritated the bee even more. Would the girl really continue to cause trouble in front of a stranger? Part of pranking was suspicion. Jack cleared her throat and said sternly, "I think it's time we report to the headmaster's office. Tomfoolery is not allowed in the halls." She studied her carefully.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:58 am

"B..but...I heard that you yourself are a great prankster. I wanted to show you what I could do. I've heard so much about you from Brienne...wouldn't that be a hypocritical thing to do?" Luna asked, slightly bummed out. She looked disappointed.

"Or, are you not Jack Dyllan? Did Brienne lie to me again about one of her friends?" Luna looked as if she were about to cry. Silas didn't have a bad track record in school, and now she would. She was no Silas, and she knew that now. Or she thought.
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:48 am

Children thought their teachers had it all. They never considered that the things they despised might be just as detested by their care takers. As she worked on her plans for the duelling tournament, a tournament that wouldn't run unless some more students took an interest in the sport, Caelani mused on how boring watching people finish their assignments and homework could be.

Until her musing was interrupted by a loud buzzing sound. For a moment, she assumed the quiet in the hall had caused her ears to attempt to fill it, but the reactions from some of the students suggested a different source.

She ought to have hung around and calmed the panicking students, but so far as Calli could tell, anyone who panicked over a loud noise didn't have a very bright future. Instead, she edged around the throng to the door of the room. In her experience, pranksters didn't think a prank was worth pulling if they couldn't hang around and watch the mayhem afterwards.

"Well, congratulations," she greeted the girls in the hall. "You've not only shown your mentor what you can do, you've shown me as well."

"That will be fifteen points from Hufflepuff for the bee, and thirty points from Gryffindor for encouraging her."
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:04 am

Jack grinned at the girl, who had begun to panic. "Calm down, I was just checking to make sure you were legit. Next time, don't panic so quickly. Always keep your cool." She smiled indulgently, still a little proud that the girl had known her. And then came an opportunity to prove what she had meant. She reached out a gripped her shoulder.

Jack was surprised by the interruption of a professor. Her eyebrows went up, but nothing else showed any surprise or notion that she was uncomfortable with the fact that the professor had just joined them. Jack had learned to never express any fear or guilt when it came to pranking until she was proven guilt... And even then, it was not wise too.

She opened her mouth to make a snide remark, but something else popped in her mind. She said in a soft voice, "What? Sorry, my friend is a little freaked out right now. She's terrified of bees and the noise really scared her." It really helped that tears were already building in the girl's eyes and that Jack had a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Did you say you were taking points away from us?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:21 am

"Okay, I'll keep my cool" Luna replied. She heard some serious footfalls among the panicked tapping of feet from the running students. She pouted a little more and made more tears appear in her eyes. She heard from that professor that fifteen points had been taken from Hufflepuff. She brought on the more intense waterworks.

"I...I'm *sniff* scared...Jack here is only trying to calm.....*sniff*...trying to *sniff* calm me", Luna's faux tears were quite convincing. "P..p..please..Missus...*sniff*...don't take points from my house because I'm scared of bees *sniff*. My big brother would *sniff* be forced *sniffle and hitched breath* take it above the heads of the *sniff* school and *sniff* make sure you're fired. Brienne would do that for me *sniff* too". Luna seemed quite convincing with her water works, she thought she'd add a little more to it.

"If...*sniff* my daddy...*sniff*...were still alive, he'd *hitched breath* make sure you'd *sniff* regret that". The dead parent thing always worked for her, but now that it was true that Silas had indeed died, it made the tears more genuine, and garnered more pity.
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum