Alchemy Class 1 (Beginners)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Alchemy Class 1 (Beginners) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Alchemy Class 1 (Beginners)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alchemy Class 1 (Beginners) Empty Alchemy Class 1 (Beginners)

Post by Alan Wake Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:05 am

Alan always hated children. They were noisy, senseless, and completely insufficient. Why anyone would consider them a joy was beyond him. Raising James had taught him little in the ways of parenting, and he felt for the better of it. For, when it came to Alchemy, James' curiosity had merely... lead him along. Not so with these students. He knew students in Hogwarts had been coddled and sheltered. Some assumed that they could skip classes, sleep through them, and party as they pleased. Others believed they knew everything. They breezed through their courses, but what were they truly learning?

Alan berated himself internally for even accepting this position. How foolish he had been to accept the assignment without any careful thought. He had merely heard that Majere had "dropped the ball," and there was an intense paucity in the children's alchemic understanding. He certainly had not accepted the post in the vain hope that he would illicit such dreams of Alchemy in student's minds, but he could at least widen their perspective concerning the highly misunderstood practice.

As Alan had never really liked children, he found it easier to stomach the fact that he was teaching by pretending that they WERE capable of rational thought. He would prefer to engage in constant conversation with the students, making them think and consider the concepts that were practiced in his room. His first and foremost rule had been "Think and think with an Open Mind." This was, of course followed by the rule "Do NOT sleep in class," but Alan wanted to believe that it was unnecessary. He had been told that students had CHOSEN the Alchemy course, and as such, they should be interested in the course... right?

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Beginners would be exceptionally difficult to teach. Alchemy, from its foundations, quickly became a complicated and splintered form of magic. Facts about the past were difficult to come across, and the truth was hard to come by. Which, considering the subject, is rather ironic. Still, Alan had a feeling that the students at least knew what it was.

Alan walked into the Classroom designated as his own, and merely stared at it. How quaint- it was the same room he had once discussed Alchemy with Professor Dumbledore himself back when he was an eager young man seeking more answers than anything else. How naive he had once been. He harrumphed before he took out a piece of well worn chalk. It had been used for many Alchemic circles such that it fit almost perfectly between his two thick fingers. But now it was used to write the words...

WELCOME to ALCHEMY 101
With Professor Alan Wake
Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Alchemy Class 1 (Beginners) Empty Re: Alchemy Class 1 (Beginners)

Post by Aurora Nye Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:41 am

Aurora slowly walked into the classroom. She didnt reconise the teacher one bit. She walked up to his desk quietly and gave him a note like she did with any other teacher and then she sat down at a back desk. The note, like any other one asked him ot be patient with her and to not blame her for looking mad or depressed. She looked around the classroom. With her depression she really didn care what the classroom looked like.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Andrew was glad to finally be getting a chance to take this class. It was something he had always been interested in, but had never gotten the chance to pursue. He went into the Alchemy room and chose a class up a few row from the back. That Aurora girl was already here. Other than the professor, she was the only one he saw.

"Good morning, Professor," he said in a friendly tone. He took his seat and took his textbook, notepad and quill out of his backpack and readied himself for class.

Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Laurisi Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:47 pm

There were already two Gryffindors and the professor when Ezra arrived to class. He was feeling a little under the weather, and had been like this all day. He wiped his nose and sat down. In front of him he sprawled all his necessary equipment including his wand and his textbook.

"Hello Professor!" He said. He was a bit stuffy when he said it. He felt as if he should apologize for that, but ended up not doing so because he realized how silly that would be.
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:33 am

Sam walked into the classroom and looked around, seeing if there were any familiar faces in the class, so far. Not spotting anyone he recognised, Sam gave a shrug. What better time to make friends when there are none to lose?

"Good morning Professor," Sam said nodding at Mr. Wake and walking over to Ezra. "Hey, i'm Sam," he said smiling at the Boy. "Mind if i sit there?" he asked, gesturing to the chair next to him.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Wake Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:15 am

"Welcome to Alchemy. Unless you are illiterate, and if so, tell me now, you should know my name. As you may know, with your Headmaster's dissappearance, I have been selected to train you in the process of Alchemy. Tell me, can any student tell me the most basic axioms of Alchemy?" Alan asked. It was certainly strange to adapt his lesson plans to Majere's old plans. It was certainly quite a task he had been given. Far worse than the floods of 193- Alan Wake cleared his throat, searching the students for any sign of life.
Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:11 pm

"Well, Professor," Andrew said a bit timidly, "I was reading about one. It said, basically, if you can do it easily, don't make it difficult. Seems to make some common sense to me, really." His alchemy textbook had a whole list of these axiom thingys. Whatever an axiom was. He wanted to make sure he at least had the idea behind one before he went to another. His sticking point with this first one wasn't whether it made sense or not, but rather, it appeared to be so commonplace and logical, he wasn't sure why someone had needed to make a rule about it. That in istelf seemed illogical. Why the deuce would anyone want to take a simple task and make it complicated and laborious?
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Zamojska Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:31 pm

As she was already used to it, Leanne had to storm through the halls all the way from Huffelpuff Dungeons to get to the class even if she was already really late. Her entering the classroom was a very fast process. "Sorry i'm late Professor." she said as she walked in quickly taking a seat next to Samuel. "Please tell me how late i am,," she asked Sam under her breath. This getting late was becoming usual for her.
Alexandra Zamojska
Alexandra Zamojska
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 59
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:17 am

Sam snorted and quickly ducked his head to avoid the teacher's face, and to hide the laughter on his face. "To sum it up in a word," he whispered out of the corner of his mouth, "Very," he told her, laughing more. "Don't worry, i don't think we've done much yet," he told her with a smile, "But if you know the answer to what he just asked, you're beating me," he added in another whisper.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Fredrick Abberline Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:17 pm

"oh man, oh man, oh man" He knew he was running late. Was it his fault he wasn't a morning person? Getting up had never quite been his cup of tea, and now because of that he was going to be late to his first class of the year! "Oh god, and we have that new teacher!" He'd heard about his distaste for students, and if there's one thing That Frederick hated, it was starting off on the wrong foot. "What If He takes Points away from Ravenclaw?!" It wouldn't be the first time he failed his house.
He Flew through the halls, blank pieces of parchment falling from his arms as he ran, and made it into the class. Receiving stares from the majority of the class. "s--sorry...." he stammered, sitting in the seat furthest back, next to a depressed looking second year girl. what did I miss? he whispered to the girl next to him, while busily taking out his ink, quill, and parchment.

Last edited by Fredrick Abberline on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : small typo)
Fredrick Abberline
Fredrick Abberline

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top