Running from the Lions
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Running from the Lions Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Running from the Lions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Running from the Lions Empty Running from the Lions

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:32 am

It was a normal Saturday for Sophia nothing really special going on in her life as if anything evcer does now days. Sighing to herself she walked through the crowded streets of Hogsmeade minding her own business heading towards the three broomsticks. After a few minutes of pushing her way through the crowd she rached the three broomsticks and pushed opened the door. As the bell tinkled above her head she walked over towards the bar. "May I get a butterbeer please?"Sophia asked the bar tender as he nodded and stopped cleaning the glasses and got her a butterbeer. As he handed it to her she paid for it and smiled. "You can keep the rest."said Sophia softly taking a drink from her butterbeer and looked around he packed place for a table.

Finding a booth by the window she smiled and walked towards it and sat down taking out her book and reading it. Any one who knew Sophia knew she spent alot of time reading more then she did anything. Besides, she had nothing else to do and she haven't seen any of her friends around. Taking a sip of her butterbeer every now and then her eyes didn't leave her book as she kept on reading. Sophia was wearing a black shirt with a black vest with gold designs on it with light blue jeans with a couple of holes in it with black boots. Her jet black hair was down and curly and she was wearing a gray hat with a black bow around it.

http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons1/461/4611099/36_2009/ed9456098948df6d_088f59a42a8d162b_demi-lovato-j-brand-zombie-jeans-1.jpg
^Sophia's look
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Running from the Lions Empty Re: Running from the Lions

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:03 am

Andrew apparated to Hogsmeade, blowing out some air out of his lungs, trying to relax himself. He wore something casual which consisted of a white jacket with the zipper unzipped, black T-shirt, blue jeans and his regular black and white shoes. Sure, he would need some new shoes at some point, considering there was crimson stains left on the front of the shoe. Mostly just blood from past events, but no one had noticed yet. Turning his head, he saw the Three Broomsticks nearby, a wave of memories flooding over him. He had just recently started to date Chase Moor and the memories of them together appeared in his mind. He sighed momentarily and decided to pay the establishment a visit. He was already famous there for being the most dramatic.

He walked through the front door, the bell at the top of the door ringing lightly as the wood collided with it. Everyone turned their heads, groaning slightly, thinking that Chase had been along side him. They weren't exactly the most popular people at the pub, yet they often put on a good show. Well mostly after Chase and him collided with everything as they rushed outside. Good times. He walked up to the front counter, ordering a butterbeer once he reached his destination. He sighed slightly, rubbing his eyes. He felt worried about a lot of things since he had begun dating her, mostly about one man thing. Vito Dee Symons. The name ran through his head, boiling his blood slightly.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:20 am

Sophia heard the bell tinked on the door tinkled meaning someone walked through the door, looking up from her book to see if it was any one of her friends she just seen it was Andrew Thompson. Sophia knew him but it was more like a name basic and really didn't know anything about him other then they worked together a couple of times and he was Chase's her best friend boyfriend. Giving him a friendly wave and a smile she returned back to her book thinking he something better to do then talk to her. Sophia was surprise she didn't know him though, after all he was Danny brother and they were in the same house but only a year apart from each other which made Sophia wonder why she haven't met him before. Taking a sip of her butterbeer once again her eyes remained glued on her book.

That's how Sophia was now days, wrapped up in reading and studying hard for her healing exams she had to take to become a full healer. Sophia never really had fun anymore, ever since she graduated Sophia had pushed fun away from her and started buckling down and getting serious. Although Sophia thinks some people don't like her new self for she was not her fun bubbly self but serious and rarely smiles much anymore. As she drank the last bit of her butterbeer she cursed as she saw it was empty but then saw the waitress coming towards her and asked. "May I get another butterbeer please?"Sophia asked her softly as the waitress nodded and went to get her another one. Returning back towards her book she kept on reading while waiting for her butterbeer.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:36 am

Andrew waited a couple of moments hoping for his butterbeer to arrive soon. He waited patiently, as he kept having thoughts about the situation. He wished that he was able to talk to him mom, yet he knew she was in America, most likely due to her job. Ever since his brother had died, she had distracted herself with work...a dangerous combination. He would talk to her later, yet he had to focus a lot more on his studies and friends. It was important to him, even now as things became strained with his friends...he wished he could have done something to help.

After growing impatient, he turned his body to the right, thinking he had heard a familiar voice around him. What he saw however, was Sophia, Danny's old girlfriend. She had helped track the man that had killed him, and hadn't really talked to her since. Maybe it was a good time to talk. He got up, and walked casually over to Sophia, being careful to not run into anyone. After a moment, he stood next to Sophia and asked "Mind if I sit here?" It wasn't the greatest way to start up a conversation, yet it was probably the only way. He couldn't exactly start up a ravishing discussion with someone he barely knew after all.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:02 am

Sophia heard a voice ask if they minded if they sit with her, looking up from her book she saw it was Andrew Thompson who asked her that question. "No not all, in fact I can use the company."said Sophia softly as she bookmarked her book and closed it putting it back in her mini bookbag. "So... how you been?"Sophia asked him softly. Sophia hoped he didn't notice she wasn't her normal bubbly self but how could he when he barely knew her? Sophia felt kindof odd speaking to someone she barely knew, she was more talked to her friends or her family more then anything.

What made it more odd and weirder he was Danny's brother and he haven't talked to him since they found the men who killed him. Shaking that thoght out of her head she looked back at him trying to break the awkward silence between them. "So... how is Hogwarts treating you?"Sophia asked him softly knowing school started back for them. Sophia sighed at the thought of not being there this year for she misse being there, but she knew she had to get use to not being at Hogwarts. "{I miss Hogwarts, I miss the Gryffindor Table in the Great Hall, the cozy common room andwalking through the castle."said Sophia softly sighing.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:12 am

Andrew nodded his head and sat down across from Sophia. For some reason, he could not think of anything to say. Usually he was able to talk to people a lot more, yet he didn't know if it was because they hadn't actually did anything as friends. He was usually the quiet type anyway. "Life has been alright," he said softly, resisiting the urge to tap his hand on the table. He sometimes did that whenever he felt nervous. He hadn't really noticed it until recently when he had met another friend of his. He couldn't remember the persons name however.

When she asked him about Hogwarts, he didn't know if he could be completely truthful or not. He knew that he could trust her, since Danny had told him it was alright, yet as before he barely knew her. Yet he had to at least tell someone that had a relation to the Ministry. "I'm the leader of Potter's Army now..." he said softly again, turning his head to see if his butterbeer had arrived "plus I'm also the Quidditch Captain and Seeker...I guess I'm exactly like my brother, eh?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:30 am

"Well that's good to hear."said Sophia softly as she took a sip of her butterbeer and looked out the window and sighed. Sophia was a very out-going type of girl who never shuts up but when she was around Andrew she found herself out of words. Sophia started palying with the ends of her her hair which was something so she didn't do unless she was nervous or something. "Oh good god Sophia, you were a Gryffindor for crying out loud stop doing that!"Sophia thought to herself. Sophia froze as he mentioned Danny, that was a name and the person she never really talked about anymore for it brought back pain and memories of him.

Sophia nodded. "Yes indeed exactly like you brother Andrew."said Sophia softly but akwardly for it felt weird talking about Danny after she haven't talked about him in so long. "So how are you and Chase doing?"Sophia asked him softly still playing with her hair. Sophia hoped his awkwardness would die down and the could talked without being weird around each other. Sophia didn't know which was weirder talking to someone she barely knew or talking to Danny's brother. Either one was quite weird to Sophia and made her feel alittle uncomfortable.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:46 am

Andrew looked back at Sophia after she mentioned his brother. From the looks of things, it must've been a pretty sensitive subject still. He wanted to ask her questions about what Danny truly did, being as Andrew was never kept in the picture. While Danny had been off slaying dragons and killing people, Andrew had kept himself occupied studying or sitting in the common room. There had been points when he had actually sat directly in front of Danny, yet he had not noticed. It was typical of Danny to not mention his little brother.

"Me and Chase are going strong," he said again, more confidence in his voice. He would have to be the one to act friendly, otherwise things may not have gone well "we are...you know, hanging out and stuff. Recently went on a date and...well" He did not want to mention the next part, thinking it would just make things even more akward. The waitress then returned with both their butterbeers, and quickly left to attend to the other patrons. "So how have you been lately?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:25 am

Sophia shifted in her seat alittle bit after Andrew looked at her after she talked about Danny. Of course it was still sensitive subject to her, she lost one of her best friends and the love of her life but she knew she had to move on which was what she was doing. Sophia smiled when he said him and Chase were going strong. "Well that's good to hear, I'm happy for you two."said Sophia softly but honestely as she took a sip of her butterbeer. Sophia shrugged when Andrew asked how she was but she guessed she was ok and stuff but she was so warpped up in studying and stuff now.

"I'm alright I guess, I'm busy with my healing training and working that I don't have much time for anything."said Sophia softly. "I don't really have time for love or fun anymore, I'm so wrapped up in my healing training and passing my tests to be a healer."said Sophia honestly. "Ever since I graduated I pushed those away."said Sophia softly looking at the table with interest. "That's basically my life now, eat, study, work, sleep and do it all over again."said Sophia softly. Sophia was beginning to think her life was very dull now andshe needed something to make bring her bubbly sparkly self back.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:55 pm

"Well I'm sorry to hear that," he said calmly as he looked back up towards Sophia. He could not really see Sophia as being the one to work day and night, yet he had not even had the chance to truly get to know her. It all seemed like a broken record at that point and Andrew needed to find a way to get the subject interesting. Looking back down at his butterbeer, he toke a small drink and sudden happy thoughts began to invade his mind. He had learned of that trick from Chase after he had first met her.

"Well I'm one of the interns anyway," he said a slight smile on his face "I'm not wanting to become a healer, yet an Auror with the abilities of a healer...if that makes any sense at all." Whenever he had explained his idea, it didn't exactly click to anyone. And at most points, it just infuriated others for an odd reason.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top