new adventures unfold - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

new adventures unfold - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

new adventures unfold

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

new adventures unfold - Page 2 Empty Re: new adventures unfold

Post by Zoë Mochrie Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:28 am

"I don't know. The way things have been lately. But I can't hide in my dorm all the time can I." Zoë said. The drunken party caught her attention to. "Oh boy, this is going to be fun." She rolled her eyes at them. It was going to be something, working here dealing with these drunks all the time. "I take it, its not hard to spot the regulars, huh?" She scanned the crowd looking for anyone else that stuck out.
Zoë Mochrie
Zoë Mochrie

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:33 am

"Ooooh no," he said smiling and shaking his head "some of the regs go into that 'happy' kind of thing when they drink to much, while others usually have short term memory loss, or anger. It's typical really." He heard another yell of the drunks and rolled his eyes in annoyance.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoë Mochrie Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:37 pm

"Sorry for asking so many questions. This will be my first time dealing with these types." Glancing out toward the crowd of people. "Ok its the first time I've done this at all. So I'm not really sure if this is going to be my cup of tea at all. I need the job but I don't know." She just shrugged her shoulders at the thought. She needed the job but had no idea what she was actually getting herself into.
Zoë Mochrie
Zoë Mochrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Andrew nodded and said "Hey I understand. The economy here is pretty screwed up due to past events." He stood next to Zoe and then said "Don't worry. I'm sure you'll do great. If you need any help, just ask." He then proceded over to where his guitar case was, and wasn't surprized it was missing. He sighed and then looked up. Yup some had been using Wingardium Leviosa. He turned to the left and saw it was the drunken idiots trying to be funny by making things 'disappear'. "If you want to keep that wand," he said calmly showing no sign of emotion or threat "I would suggest you put that away." They mumbled to themselves and then dropped the guitar. Andrew quickly caught it before it smashed to the ground and then shook his head. Idiots.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoë Mochrie Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Zoë couldn't help but smile at the boy. "Thanks. I'm sure I'll be asking. You might regret that after a little bit." She gave a small chuckle at that. Asking for help really wasn't her thing but if it got to bad she would definitely ask. That's what she was here for after all. To learn and grow as a person. This was just another step to life outside of school. Working here might be just a small step but it would be a step toward her learning some skills that she would need on the other side of school life.

Watching Andrew walked toward what looked like an empty stand. Zoë wasn't sure what he was planning on doing. It wasn't until after he actually got there that she realized that his guitar had been moved and not by him. She watched as she soon found out what he had meant by annoying customers. "oh boy, this is going to be fun. " She said rolling her eyes at the same moment.
Zoë Mochrie
Zoë Mochrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Andrew opened up the guitar case on the table and then pulled out his guitar and setting it back on the table. He turned around to see if anyone was coming up with a wand or something to threaten. He was relived that there was no one doing what had happened about a week ago. I need this job, he said eventually and then sat down in the booth and then began to practice one of the songs he would play silently. He wasn't sure if he still had the song, but he was pretty close.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoë Mochrie Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:41 pm

Turning back to the bar, Zoë decided to just get to work. Someone would be along shortly to actually point her in the direction she needed to go to. This couldn't be that hard. Walking behind the bar The patrons seemed all satisfied at the moment. So she picked up a rag and begun to wipe the counter down. This would keep her busy for a few minutes at least.

With her hands busy, Zoë let her eye scan the crowd. Most of the faces that were turned toward her she didn't know. That was a good sign. What would her father say if he knew she worked here. Honestly she didn't care. Zoë watched Andrew fiddle with his guitar. The scene of the bar seemed pretty much settled. Or maybe not.
Zoë Mochrie
Zoë Mochrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Andrew began to strum the strings in a quiet tone, listening to only the sounds of the patrons conversing and yelling in a drunkish slur. It was pretty annoying to see all the crudness here, yet didn't mind as much. As long as he wasn't hurt by any of these guys, he would keep his job here. He looked over the booth seat and saw people enjoying themselves now, without getting drunk. He sighed in relief and then began to pluck the strings again.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoë Mochrie Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Zoë watched as Andrew went back to playing. She took up her place behind the counter. Falling into her job with an ease that she wasn't really sure that she had. Maybe being a waitress wasn't so bad after all. Her shift seemed to go by rather quickly. After handing out a number butterbeers and firewhiskeys, her shift was finally coming to an end. Picking up a discarded rag, Zoë wiped the counter again for the nine hundredth time. She watched as more customers made their way out and even more made their way in. There were a lot of friendly faces and some not so friendly.

((I fastforward the post. Not sure what else to put here.))
Zoë Mochrie
Zoë Mochrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Before Andrew knew it, his and Zoe's shift were already over. Where did the time go anyway? He stood back up, feeling stiff from having to play the music and then laughed as the customer he punched walked out grumbling. He walked over to Zoe and then said "Well I guess today was a pretty good day then." He then grabbed his guitar case and set his guitar inside, locking the latches as well. He jumped over the counter and then set his guitar underneath it, letting wait for the next day.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum