The Second Task
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Second Task Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Second Task

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Second Task Empty The Second Task

Post by Vincent Majere Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:41 pm

In the Second task, the champions (under an illusion), will be transported to a desert. The Champions have to escape from this area, the illusion, in order to complete the task. This is the main idea, however, the admins will later post the exact thing you have to write about. The Second Task is the Task of Hufflepuff. Therefore, this task will test the champion in the traits of loyalty as well as patience and hard work.

The marking scheme is the same, but as many of our champions have changed, I'll explain it again:

Your champions RP will be divided to three parts. Each of these will be marked out of ten based on these three things:

Creativity - 3 points - Self evident. This is how creative your ideas for the task are.
Level of Roleplay - 3 points - The length and level of the roleplay, the characters thoughts, feelings, The descriptions of the task and etc are all included in this.
Pull - 4 points - Or whatever its called. Basically, how interesting the RP is.

The Champions are:

Aminia Lestrange for Slytherin
Amelia Lyons for Ravenclaw
Bane Lincoln for Gryffindor
Abbey Dawn for Hufflepuff
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

The Second Task Empty Re: The Second Task

Post by James William Wilson Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:59 pm

You seem to have forgotten a few things. Since I am one of the judges and one of the creators of the task...

1) Since they are in a desert (although I suggested an enchanted Alice-style forest) they have to have some sort of guide. As confirmed by Darren yesterday, the guidance will be provided by a anthropomorphic Badger in a suit. He resembles the White Rabbit from Alice, but well, he is a Badger. So, you have to include him in your RP as someone who is guiding you through the three parts.

2) When you are finished with the first part (consisting of three of course) you will be presented with a final task where your friendship, loyalty and ability to recognize the truth will be tested. You will meet two persons, one of them is real and one of them is a copy. You will have only 5 questions, which will be answered, and, based on those answers, you will have to recognize the copy and eliminate it. Then, your task will be finished.

I think that is all. I wish all of you the best of luck, as one of the Judges. if you have any questions, post here or PM me.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:12 am

Sorry for double posting...

You can start your task from this moment on. You have the guidelines written here. If you have any questions, PM me or some of the judges. Someone should be able to answer you.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:10 am

Um... I am unsure how to start my post with what I feel like is very little to go on. You say there are three parts to the task, but I don't know what they are. I know that I am in a desert, and that there is a Badger involved. I know the very last part - the part that involves the fake and the copy - but am I to completely make up everything in between?

I am sorry if I sound completely oblivious, but please do remember that this is the first task I will be writing. I may need some extra guidance.

-Amelia
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:33 pm

So... I myself have been part of the team creating the task, so I am going to take the liberty of editing something. The task has two parts... first one being the first post. So you are in a desert (or in a forest... whatever you please, I guess) and you have an anthropomorphic Badger in front of you, wearing a suit... like the White Rabbit from Alice. His job is to rush you to the finish, like the Rabbit foes with Alice. So, the first part basically relies on your creativity. During your trip, you have to interact with the Badger, but also devise some obstacles, such as sand traps, creatures, magic walls, I do not know, it is up to you. Depending on the creativity of the obstacles, the creativity part will be graded. The length, that is of course, clear as is the pull, how Vincent names it.

When you are done with your first post, you come to a point where the Badger tells you that you have arrived. Then, you see the two persons. IMPORTANT: When you finish your first post, send me a PM with 3 persons that play an important part in your RP life, which means that you have to state either 3 persons that you are currently RP-in with or 3 persons that you know best. You send me the names via PM.

The next post will be mine (or some other judge) where I (for the sake of argument) will tell you which person has been chosen. It will be a pretty short post. Then, you will have to ask 5 questions, whichever you like. Finally, you will receive the answers to those 5 questions, person A and person B. Depending on the answers you will have to guess who the real person is. Try to make that last post realistic and interesting, following the guidelines of creativity, length (obviously, it will be shorter, but still... do not write a one liner) and pull. When you post your final answer... one of the judges, will post the answer, that is, the correct answer. After you receive the right answer, you will be transported back to the school (or wherever they have planned it) and will be graded.

Is this clear enough? I worked this all out ad hoc. When I planned it last time, it was not so detailed :-)
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:16 am

You will forgive me if I sound a bit peeved with this post, but I just finished writing my entire post for this task using the guidelines I was given above (i.e. using a badger and such) and upon completing it, I went to post it in my section of the task only to find a completely different description of what I am supposed to be writing about in that section.

I am really, really proud of what I have written for this task and have absolutely no desire to go back and rewrite one that fits the new guidelines. It would be absolutely impossible for me to work with what I have to write in something about a real and a copy version of someone close to Amelia directing her through the scenario I have written.

So in short, can someone tell me if I am supposed to be starting completely over, because that would be very, very unfortunate.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:03 am

Well, it seems that I have missed that. I do not know how or what, but it seems that someone managed to misinterpret my concept of the task... :-S There is no copy leading your nor an original, you are lead by the Badger I have mentioned and then, at the end, you find the copy-original. It is as simple as that. That must have been a mix up in the description. So, basically, you have done well, you have used the right guidelines and you are free to post your first post.

You do not have to edit anything, just post and follow the guidelines I have given you. I'll PM Mariana so that she can edit the post in each of the contestant's threads. So, go ahead and post, it is an error in organization. The guidelines I have given and written are the correct ones.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:19 pm

I am so confused. I didn't even know I was meant to be doing this until about five minutes ago. Wilson I have the gist of what I've got to do -- follow a neurotic badger though a land devoid of life except the badger (it’s more likely woods seeing as it is a badger) and encounter some obstacles but then you said above that we've got to PM you once the first post is done. Mari has said on the brief thing that the post should end with the character encountering the person close to them. That sort of defeats the point of PM-ing you. I suppose both could fit in but it couldn’t be specified. Like if I was to pick the desert then perhaps I'd say a mirage appeared or if I chose the forest Eli could go into a clearing and a bush could rustle or something. It's all rather conflicting so I’m not sure whether I’m coming or going. I think I know what to do but could you just clear things up a bit so I can give it a good go, please? I'm just not feeling at all confident about attempting this at the moment.

-- Eli
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:36 pm

As I have already said to Amelia... follow my guidelines. The ones stated by Mari are obviously a minute mess up made by someone. You have a badger, you follow him, you have obstacles, you reach a point where your trip is over. Then you PM me the three names and continue with the questions and the end. I think the end is clear enough.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Isn't Ami the champion Eli for the beggining? Or she got replaced?
Regarding to task i thought someone else was going to organize it and all, but since most of the admins (not all) are a bit busy i ended up doing so. The post that appeared all over all champion's tasks was actually copied from Darren's post in Bane's task on his request. Anyway in conclusion i seem to be admin in charge of this which does qualifies as student events so PM me with questions you have and hopefully i'll be able to reply.
P.S.Regarding to judges my 2nd charrie is still one so do I give marks for each part of the task individually or i wait for champions to write all three parts before i mark it?
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum