Planning for the rescue - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Planning for the rescue - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Planning for the rescue

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Planning for the rescue - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning for the rescue

Post by Jess Potter Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:08 am

Jess nodded at Danny. "Well that'll have to wait i'm afraid," he told them. "At the moment i'm more focused on the Forbidden forest situation." Jess told him. "And later on if you'd tell me what that secret information is i would be thankful," He told him. "And that's alright Matt," He added
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:22 am

"Well," Khaat said carefully, still not sure of the true loyalties of everyone there, "I went walking in there the other night and wasn't in there five minutes before I was found by Narcissa Malfoy. It was very interesting indeed. She gave me a significant amount of information. But, also, interestingly enough, I almost think she protected me. Clearly she could have killed me at any time, and I have absolutely no doubt that there are Death Eaters at every turn in there. But I think she was actually concerned for me being there alone and didn't want the Death Eaters to find me. We talked quite awhile. I think it was very worthwhile. And--she's clearly also doing her best to look after the children and protect them. She doesn't like this either, but she doesn't have as much authority in this as everryone seems to expect her to have. Sounds like it's more a Lucius thing, and I'm sure that's true. He's the real power monger in the bunch, or at least he was historically."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22665
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:14 pm

Jess nodded, this was exactly the sort of stuff he was hoping to find out. "So, perhaps Narcissa is a weaker link in the DEs than the rest? It'd be good to try and use this to our benefit," He said, thinking for a moment before coming to a decision. "Khaat," he said, "Do you think you could try and see if there could be more behind Narcissa's soft spot than is obvious?" He asked her
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:41 pm

"Oh, I think I already know the reason for most of it," Khaat said. "As I said, we talked quite awhile. And even though most of her is a textbook Malfoy, there was one part of her that I honestly found that I genuinely liked about her. Narcissa is very maternal. It is her best quality. She knows I was in the same class with Draco, and so she saw me as a child. No matter how old I was, she remembers me as a child with her son. She honestly wanted to protect me in those woods from coming to harm from those death eaters.

"I also think I saw that Lucius is so domineering that he does not give her a lot of freedom to participate as she would like--probably because he is keenly aware of her soft spot. I don't think she intended to show this side of herself to me, but I came to respect her in a whole new light.

"Shacklebolt was the one who asked me to go in and infiltrate the forest and find the deatheater's camp. He asked me to go alone. I figured I would either be stopped right away or be captured and killed. I almost defied him and came here for back up. Thats what I was trying to tell you the other day here, Jess.

"Anyway, she stopped me immediately, and rather than choosing to off me like she could easily have done, we talked. I told her I went there alone trying to stop a war and simply try to either get the kids out on my own or to try to begin negotiations with them. She saw both ideas as being ill conceived and suicidal on my part. She states she is doing everything she can from her position to protect the kids, because she doesn't like them being used anymore than we do. Her motherly instincts are really objecting to this whole thing, and she promised me she would try to get as far as she could to offer them some reassurance and hope.

"I asked her if she would see if the deatheaters would allow us to send some small measure of comfort, in light of the holiday season I wanted to see if she could be even more moved maternally because of Christmas. She promised me she would ask, but didn't think it was likely that she would be allowed much. She said she clearly knows the dangers these children are in and if it were up to her, they would not be in that position now.

"I offered to be open to contact from her if there was anything I could do to help her to comfort the children or help her to free them if she saw there was a way to do it. She let me go--without incident.

"I seriously doubt if she will report much of this to Lucius because of the scathing she would undoubtedly take from him for letting a Lupin live. So--how did I do? I didn't find the base like I wanted, but she did tell me that the forest is crawling with Death Eaters at every turn. I would expect the base to be hidden more towards the center of the place, where the forrest has traditionally been the deepest, darkest and most feared. But I could be wrong, because she gave me no clue as to where their base was. However, if there base were not there, there would be no cause for so much death eater security either."

"By the way, as part of the Wizengamot, I have made it my self appointed task to go see what I can do to help Neos, under what little leverage I have from the ministry and from my new post as head of St. Mungos. I am working on that.

"I don't think I left much out, but tell me, what are your thoughts?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22665
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:12 am

((My thoughts are to give up on this whole plot...))
Jess nodded as he listened to her. "I think that this maternal spot is very good," He told khaat. "If we could use her to any further benefit that would be good," he said thoughtfully. "Tell me," he said suddenly as he thought of something. "What are the kidnapped student's blood status?" He asked," if they're pure blood Voldemort won't try as hard to hurt them," Jess said
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum