Looking for the Mirror of Erised
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Looking for the Mirror of Erised Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Looking for the Mirror of Erised

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for the Mirror of Erised Empty Looking for the Mirror of Erised

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Anamariea walked throw the forth floor halls she had hurd of a mirror that showed your deepest disire and that it was here some where in hogwarts.. she had been surching ever since that day and had found nothing yet.

Spoiler:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Looking for the Mirror of Erised Empty Re: Looking for the Mirror of Erised

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:30 pm

Khaat, a newly hired substitute teacher had a personal motive for going to the fourth floor, and right now, the library had nothing to do with it. Khaat desperately wanted to find the Mirror of Erised. She felt the ache down deep in her heart for her beloved Uncle Remus--the grief that had never gone away when he was killed. If she could just find the mirror--see him again--maybe the terrible anguish she carried and tried so hard to hide would ease even if just a bit.

As she walked the hallways, looking in some of the empty classrooms, she felt her drive inside her rise. She felt like she just had to find that mirror. She opened one of the last doors and saw the mirror, covered with a canvas tarp. She went over slowly, reverently, and took the cover off. Staring into the mirrror, she saw Remus--and herself. He was excited about seeing her, and he hugged her closely, just as he had done when she was a child.

Khaat sat on the floor, unable to do anything else, but sit and stare at the images in front of her, feeling a confusing mix of joy and anguish at seeing him again.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22563
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:15 pm

Elijah pulled at his robes, desperate to get out of them. To say he was upset was the biggest understatement anyone could ever make. Tears were streaming down his cheeks and he didn't look like the casual, happy teen that many saw. He was a mess and didn't know how he'd gotten that way.

It was the letter from his mother - he knew it was. The one that asked him what happened to Cecilia. As if she didn't know. She asked him what happened to his sister. Why did she never come home and why was her bedroom devoid of all personal items.

Elijah pulled off his outer robe, relishing in hearing the seams rip and tear, so he was clad in just his trousers and shirt and sent it back to the Dungeons with a flick of his wand. Elijah pulled a few of the buttons undone on his shirt and didn't even look back at the tie which fell onto the floor.

Elijah continued to walk along the floor with anguish. He was distraught and beyond consolable. He just wanted something else - he wanted to have his own damn family with the woman he loved. He wanted children that would listen to his stories and move around getting bored when he tried to paint them.

There was something that caught Eli's tear-filled eyes. The last door on the forth floor was open - it was never open. Elijah moved towards it and slipped silently inside. A sheet of canvas tarp was strewn over the floor and a woman was sitting in front of a mirror staring into it. Eli didn't understand what was so special but as soon as he looked into the mirror he saw.

It was him - granted he was older but it was still him. He was stood there with his.. daughter on his shoulders. A woman who only came up to his shoulder was stood beside him with a child clinging to her, desperate for some attention. They looked happy and most importantly he saw no sign of his parents - none what so ever. Eli sniffed and dried his eyes. Was that his future? Was that what was to come for him?
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:23 pm

"Welcome," Khaat said very softly, "Pull up a piece of floor and make yourself at home." She scooted over slightly so he could sit beside her. "You have, in front of you, the legendary Mirror of Erised. Just so you know, the images are not real. The mirror shows you what you most want to see of anything in the world. The problem is, with this thing, is that once you find a way to give your heart what it wants most, it always wants more. Oh, and I'm Khaat, by the way, Khaat Lupin. I'm a substitute teacher here. You and I both know that the Mirror is off limits to students." She looked at the young man and saw his anguish. She wished she knew him better so she could put her arm around him and comfort him. She conjured a box of kleenex. "Just in case you could use them?" she offered very softly, "Help yourself. And--I won't rat on you for being here, either. As far as I'm concerned, you came with me. Got it?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:38 pm

“Hi.” Eli mumbled. He walked over and sat down beside the woman. She seemed kind enough but was a complete mystery to him. What would a substitute teacher want with a mirror, and a magical one at that? Elijah had heard of the Mirror but he thought it had been destroyed. He hoped it had been destroyed. He didn’t want fantasies, he wanted the real thing and nothing but.

Eli looked down at the box of tissues and smiled a little. His eyes drifted back to the mirror and he was shocked at the change. The woman had put the little boy down and he was walking to their side of the mirror. His little hand was firmly pressed against the glass and Eli could count nearly every indent in his palm and see every swirl on the pads on his little fingers. The child lacked the baby chubbiness but it suited him with his long dark ringlets which he was guessing his mother refused to cut and those bright blue eyes that looked oh so familiar.

Elijah bit his lip and let his warm hand press against the cool surface of them mirror. He could imagine holding the child’s tiny hand in his huge ones compared, tickling the little palm and getting bell-like laughs from the baby. Elijah’s hand slid down away from the mirror and he watched as the mother picked the little boy back up again.

“I’m Elijah Krum.” he murmured, his eyes focusing on the family - his family. “To be honest I’m not worried about whether it is off limits or not. I just…” Eli sighed. “I know I’m being disrespectful but its comforting y’know? To see what you want..”

Elijah trailed off and watched as the little girl jumped down from his elder counterpart’s arms. He watched as she walked over to where the little boy had stood and breathed on the glass. It clouded up almost immediately and the girl - his daughter, began to make letters in the cloud. Eli knew it would be backwards but he still anticipated the outcome of the cloud drawing. He wanted to see what his daughter had to say. Erin Maeve … Erin Maeve Krum… his little girl.

“Its taunting me. It knows exactly what I want… what I need..” Eli looked down at the floor and felt the tears come back to his eyes. “It’s not fair.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:51 pm

"No. You're right. It isn't, "Khaat said, "I know what you mean. That's exactly why I came here. Nice to meet you, Elijah. And I think the 'No Students' rule was made by former Headmaster Dumbledore, back when I was a student here. He was very wise, you know. He knew almost all of us has lost someone that we would give almost anything to see again. And he knew that the mirror can give us the illusion of that. He knew how very powerful and addicting that can be for someone who's hurting. Your secret is safe with me. I have secrets of my own, I suppose. People I would gave given my whole life to protect. I still miss them, so I came looking for the mirror. So--you wanna talk about it? Sometimes that helps ease that ache too."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 am

"That's the thing though." Elijah sighed. "I haven't seen this image before outside my own mind. It's something I've wanted for as long as I can remember - my own family. Its and older version of myself and a wife.. two children…and she's pregnant."

He could see her clearly now, a woman that was so familiar yet still a complete stranger to him. She was turning to see what Erin was doing who had just returned to his arms. Eli could see the small but firm bump pushing against the material of her shirt.

"I've always seen it in my mind. Sometimes my brain would completely fog and I'd just see images play out in front of me. My daughter running through our home with myself or her mother chasing her and the boy on one of our backs. Things like that or something else like trying to make a barbeque work outside and seeing my own children laughing at me and my wife laughing with them. Happy things but it ridicules me - it's something I don't think I'll ever have."
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:14 am

Khaat frowned. Such negative thinking from such a wonderful young man. "Elijah, come on. Lets get out of here and get some fresh air. I think this is just really painful for both of us. The sun is out and the wind has died down, so it won't feel so cold. And, I have somebody for you to meet. Why don't you go get your coat, and I'll get mine." She stood up and reached for his hand to help him up. "Come on. I think I can help bring a smile back to your face--maybe."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum