Lesson One - O.W.L.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson One - O.W.L. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson One - O.W.L.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson One - O.W.L. Empty Lesson One - O.W.L.

Post by James William Wilson Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Professor Wilson entered his classroom. He passed through the empty desks and sat on his chair. He took his wand out and pointed it at the blackboard. Suddenly, a lot of text appeared. Why? He liked to let the students copy the important information and then listen to his lesson without the worry of writing his lesson down. That causes distraction. He then pointed his wand at the desks, and a note appeared on them: ''Copy the text from the blackboard!'' It was just a note for the students who came to the class to copy the text. After all of them were finished, he would start talking. He was done so he had some time to relax before the class starts.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Lesson One - O.W.L. Empty Re: Lesson One - O.W.L.

Post by HafizDeen Diggory Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:19 pm

Hafiz entered the class with a smile to the professor, "Hello professor. How are you?", as he take a seat and waiting for the other students to arrive.
HafizDeen Diggory
HafizDeen Diggory

Number of posts : 864
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Angelina entered the room and smiled warmly at the professor. 'Hi professor.' She sat down somewhere around the middle and did what the paper told her to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:25 pm

Varod went in and did the note thingy before sitting in the back away from everyone.
Why was he here? Easy grade.
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1896

http://thehunt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:55 am

Professor Wilson had waited long enough. All the ones who were present had done their work and he himself was ready for class. With a flick of his hand the writing on the blackboard disappeared. It was now time for class. He stood up and looked at the students who were present.

''Well, I suppose an introduction is in order. I am professor James William Wilson and I will be teaching Muggle Studies for the remainder of the year. Although this is a subject very little students take, that does not mean I will treat it like that. This is a boring theoretical subject and you will have to study hard, but that is what is expected of you. Accio wands'', he said. Without the use of his wand, the wands of the students landed in his hand. He put them on his table.

''Now, you may wonder why I did this. This is a non-magical subject and I will not allow you to amuse yourself and your colleagues at the cost of my bemusement. Therefore, no wands in this classroom, unless it is mine. Now, that we have settled that, let us decide upon the points. Each one of you that is late on my class will get an extra page for homework, while each one who is on time will get 5 points for his House. Also, for each question I ask on the class and you know the answer, your House will receive some points, depending on the question and your answer. Now, both Slytherin are here which means 10 points for Slytherin. Five points for Gryffindor, while the three Hufflepuff's will get a failing grade, probably, and extra homework. Also, you will receive grades and points for your homework, which will be assigned to you at the end of the class'', he continued.

He stopped for a while to look at the students. Some of them were bewildered by his method, he could tell that. ''Now, I think all of this is settled. If I remember anything, I will make a digression during class. I tend to to that. Oh yes! You will only one exam this year. The Final Exam which will include everything that we have learned through the year. If you take this subject for N.E.W.T. levels, you will have 3 tests during the year. The grades from the exams will be most important for you passing my subject and getting the chance of writing an O.W.L. exam in Muggle Studies. You will have to study and I may ask some questions during class which will give or take points for or from your House. You study for yourself and not for me, therefore I expect of you to know what we have learned, because if you do not, I will fail you without any hesitation. I like students who work and I expect of you to do just that. I will reward hard working students and will always praise success, but I will also punish failure. There will be no detentions from me, just to know. I do not have the time nor the nerves to watch you while you do some useless and irrelevant task. You will lose points or get extra homework, but no detention. Now, I think I have said everything. Are there any questions you wish to ask? Anything unclear? If yes, ask, if not, you will answer this question. Remember, this is not an easy grade and you will have to work to pass. This subject, since you have taken it, will be treated as a peer of Potions and DADA. But, the most important thing here, in these O.W.L. classes is that you learn to respect Muggles. The Basic level teaches you who Muggles are, the O.W.L. level teaches you to respect then and the N.E.W.T. level teaches you to understand them. Learn to accept and respect differences. Whoever dislikes Muggles and thinks that they should be locked up or exterminated is not welcome in this classroom. That is it for the introduction. Now, can anyone tell me the differences between Muggles and Wizards. Not just the one main, but all the differences you can think of. This is your first prize question. Now, anyone?'', he asked them.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by HafizDeen Diggory Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Hafiz raised his hand. "Well Sir, we have Hogwarts and they don't", he giggled. But he thought it do relevant although it is just amuse him a bit.
HafizDeen Diggory
HafizDeen Diggory

Number of posts : 864
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Wilson looked at Diggory. ''Brilliant Mr.Diggory, yet utterly stupid. Your joke, although it is funny, it rather infantile and I will not tolerate such nonsense. We are having a serious discussion right now and, therefore, no jokes. When we laugh, we laugh all together, but this is not the moment. I will not allow, in my class, any mocking of Muggles or any jokes on their account, including such infantile ones. Ten points from Slytherin! Now, would anyone else care to tray, but this time with a normal and rational answer?'', Wilson asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:08 am

"Simple," Varod said, raising his hand. "For one thing, they find other ways than magic to do the same stuff we do. Such as transportation, we use brooms, they use cars, planes, and the like."
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:29 am

''That is 5 points for Gryffindor for this answer. That is one good difference. Now, I would like you to tell me, anyone, about the differences in their way of live regarding their chores, cooking, writing and such interconnected stuff. Their house life, so to say. Now, anyone?'', Wilson added.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Varod raised his hand again.
"Messages: we use owls daily, they use phones. Most everything: we use magic, they use whatever tool they need."
Such a simple class, he knew it all.
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top