School year Shopping
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

School year Shopping Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

School year Shopping

View previous topic View next topic Go down

School year Shopping Empty School year Shopping

Post by Keith Nicholas Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Keith had long ago managed to ditch his mom, losing her in Diagon Alley's myriad....well..alleys. He chuckled to himself and ran, patting his pocket to make sure the gold his mom had given him was still there. He had one destination in mind.

Ollivander's
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

School year Shopping Empty Re: School year Shopping

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Ben was walking around Diagon Alley. This time he actually had money with him! He was supposed to be buying school supplies though. His mother and sister were in Madam Malkin's, as usual, so he got to wonder off by himself. He was walking along when he saw another boy alone. His age, maybe a bit younger. "Hey there, I'm Ben." he introduced himself, smiling.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Number of posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:14 am

"Hey there, I'm Ben."

"Huh? Oh. Hey. I'm Keith." Keith said, patting his pocket again. "Are you shopping for Hogwarts too?" He asked, glancing over the boy. He only seemed about a year older than him, but he was bigger. Not that that was news. Everyone was bigger than Keith. "I'm going to get a wand at Ollivander's. It's right..." Keith trailed off, looking around and realizing he was lost. "Somewhere." He grinned up at Ben. "You don't happen to know where Ollivander's is, do you?"
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:37 am

Ben smiled, taking in the boy's name. Nothing too unusual about it. He didn't see Keith pat his pocket as he wasn't very observant. He nodded in answer to the question. "Yeah, I am. Well, I'm supposed to be. My mum and sister have got distracted as usual so I'm wondering around waiting. They'll be another hour probably." he told him. He only had books left to buy and not much money. "Sure, Ollivander's is this way." he replied, indicating for Keith to follow him. He had got his wand their last year. He was the best wand maker, everyone said so.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:26 pm

Keith grinned some more. "Thanks for the help. So you go to Hogwarts too huh? What house? I really want to be in Gryffindor, like my Dad." Keith said proudly. He had always been very proud of the fact his Dad had been in Gryffindor, he had always seen that as the most honorable house. "Do you play Quiddich?" He asked Ben suddenly. "I love Quiddich, but I don't actually own a broom. My dad played chaser for the Gryffindor team. He was really good. He wanted me to be a chaser too, but I'm a beater instead. I'm really good at hitting things." He said with a mischevous grin.
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:04 am

Ben grinned back. "No problem." he replied as Keith thanked him for the help. "Yeah, I go to Hogwarts. I'm a Hufflepuff. I've only been at Hogwarts for a year though. I didn't play Quidditch much last year, as it was my first year and all, but I want to next year. I think I'd want to be a Beater too." he said, all in one go. Ben didn't say a lot about himself purposely, but when people asked him questions he never gave them short answers. "Hitting things is fun." he added, returning the mischevous look.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:00 pm

Hufflepuff. Keith thought to himself. Well, at least it's not Slytherin. But Hufflepuff's still not the best house. He didn't say this aloud though. He liked Ben. "So is Hogwarts all it's cracked up to be? Keith asked out loud. "I mean, I know it's great and all, but in the end it's just a school." He shuddered slightly. His parents had sent him to muggle school earlier, insisting he get a basic grasp of addition, spelling, and muggle education. He had hated it, but at least he had learned how to fit in well with muggles. He had a secret suspicion that had been his parent's goal all along.
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:29 am

Just a school? It was more than a school. How to explain that though? It was hard. "Well, I guess it's a school, but it's more than that in a way." Ben began, trying to explain Hogwarts. "You live there though, it's like your home. It's like your house is your family, you hang out with friends, you do clubs and such. There's more to it than classes." he finished, his somewhat complicated and not-so-well thought out summary. He was never the best at explaining things.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:29 pm

Keith thought about what Ben had said for a second. The Hogwarts Ben described sounded a lot like the Hogwarts his dad described; perfect, flawless, wonderful in every way. He would have to see for himself if that was true. "So what spells do you learn as a first year?" He asked Ben eagerly. His dad had lsited off the few spells he remembered learning his first year there, but that had been so long ago. Keith wanted to be ahead of the game when he first stepped into Hogwarts.
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum