SOMEONE *holds* M-E *safe* and {WARM} (((OPEN)))
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

SOMEONE *holds* M-E *safe* and {WARM} (((OPEN))) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

SOMEONE *holds* M-E *safe* and {WARM} (((OPEN)))

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SOMEONE *holds* M-E *safe* and {WARM} (((OPEN))) Empty SOMEONE *holds* M-E *safe* and {WARM} (((OPEN)))

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Catalina strolled down the street, her hands in her pockets. It was nearly dusk, for the sun was slowly sinking behind the buildings with ease, casting an orange glow across the surrounding area. Her sapphire eyes glistened with thought as she walked, clearly thinking about nothing in particular.

She came across a deserted table and chanirs for what looked like a closed ice cream shop and began to head towards a table. There weren't any gates around so she figured it was allowed to sit nearby. She did so and then pulled out her sketchbook, sighing.

Pulling out her pencil, she began to draw Sterling. She hadn't seen him for a while, but knew that he was probably busy. She had been thinking about him a lot but didn't want to. Every time she had fallen in love with a guy, they ended up hurting her in the end. Or, that's how it went with Deimos.

Making the circles of his eyes, she shaded in certain areas, trying to get the perfect shape. A part of her knew that this drawing would be nothing like the real man, but she knew it was the closest thing she could have at the moment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

SOMEONE *holds* M-E *safe* and {WARM} (((OPEN))) Empty Re: SOMEONE *holds* M-E *safe* and {WARM} (((OPEN)))

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:43 am

Chase was walking down the road her hands in her pockets thinking of Jesse, Danny, and life in general, when she saw someone she actually knew. Catalina. She walked up to her and sat down by her. "Hey." She said softly. Catalina was the girl that Sterling had gone to after she had hurt him. She rested her chin on her hand and smiled at her. "What ya doing out here by yourself?" She asked softly not really bothering to ask if she could sit down. To late now.

She glanced up at the sky and saw how close it was to night. She smiled slightly and looked up at Catalina. "It's getting late, do you live nearby?" She asked glancing at the picture she was drawing, seeing her draw some eyes. Must be the beginning of a picture she was drawing. She smiled and glanced around before turning her full attention back to Catalina.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

SOMEONE *holds* M-E *safe* and {WARM} (((OPEN))) Empty Re: SOMEONE *holds* M-E *safe* and {WARM} (((OPEN)))

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:13 am

Catalina looked up non-chalantly towards Chase, having recognized her swagger almost instantly before the Gryffindor had sat down. With a tender smile, she said, "Hello. I might ask you the same." She flashed a wry grin. "I like the nighttime. It is almost refreshing from the heat of the sun." She shrugged, thinking her answer was a bit odd. But, it was quite true.

"No, I do not live nearby. I live in France . . ." She paused, her sapphire eyes twinkling randomly. "I told my parents that I was going to stay in London for a few weeks into the Summer before I go back to my house." A desperate sigh escaped her lips and she ran a hand through her hair. "I would do anything to stay away from there forever . . . or at least for most of my life."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:21 am

Chase smiled at her as she talked. "Wow, where are you staying?" She asked glancing around. There weren't many Hotels around there, so she must be far away from her Hotel. "If you want to, I have a loft near here you can go to if you need a place to stay." She said smiling at her. "There's an extra room there." She said smiling at her. "I'm serious though, if you need a place to stay." She said looking concerned at her. "Plus it's closer to.. school." She said smiling at her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:23 pm

"At the Leaky Cauldron," she said quietly, staring into Chase's eyes with a sudden curiosity. She had known that this girl was cheerful, but was it always in such a stark contrast with her own feelings. Sighing, she continued, "I like walking, so I am quite a bit aways from it." She smiled at the offer. "Thank you, but I would much rather be alone for a while. I do enjoy your company, do not get me wrong . . . It is just . . . after Davina, I find it hard to want to be around others." She grinned again, this time more warmly. "I might take you up on your offer eventually, though. I thank you very much."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Chase nodded slowly and smiled at her. "Yeah, Davina." She said taking a deep breath and thought back before turning her mind from that. That day had been.. horrible. So many people had died. She shook her head and then picking up the bag she had dropped pulled out a pen and paper. "Well here is my address." She said writing down the address of an apartment at the very top of the building a few blocks from there. "You'll know you're there when you can't go up any farther, and it's directly across from the elevators." She said holding out the piece of paper.

"I just moved out of my family home, and now I'm living on my own, so the house isn't all that decorated yet, but I have extra rooms, and it's a nice house, so if you want to come over you're more then welcome." She said smiling at her and nodding slowly. Much more calmly then she would have at Hogwarts. Something seemed to have changed in Chase. She wasn't as hyper, or as innocent sounding. She had the sound in her as someone would have of having grown up much to quickly. The battle along with events after it had changed her quite a bit.

These days she couldn't remember spans of time in her life, and though it scared her, she didn't really care anymore. A lot of the time she'd lay on her bed, or exercise hard, she had a gym membership and it was all she really did, was eat, sleep and exercise. She sighed and looked at Catalina, sure she was in shape, but she really wanted Jesse back. He had gone off somewhere again, and she was determined to stay with him for as long as he wanted to be with her. So she smiled and looked at Catalina. "What have you been up to though?" She asked turning her brown eyes onto the girl.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Catalina flashed another flawless smile before reaching out and taking the paper from Chase, unaware that her own hands hand grown ice cold. She glanced towards the sky, watching the last few seconds of the sun disappearing behind the many buildings. With a sigh, she wondered why she was so chilly. It was Summer. She shouldn't feel like this.

But, inside she was freezing.

"Thanks," she said, giving Chase another grin. "Why did you move out? Did they suffocate you? Burden you with opinions that they claimed should be yours as well?" She sighed, sadness leaking into her features.

Davina's face flashed through her mind again and a cringe rippled through her face. She composed herself and then looked back at Chase, her eyes forlorn. She had noticed a change in the girl, jealous of her never-ending cheeriness, but was grateful that she had grown. Although it was a bit of a shame for her not to be like a child any longer, Catalina found it almost refreshing. "I have been sketching a lot lately," she whispered, glancing down at her drawings. "But, I have not had the heart to finish any of them yet . . . Once I get close, I just move on to another one."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Chase glanced at the sky and watched the sun disappear. There went the day, not time for the night creatures to crawl out of their hidden world. She glanced around as though expecting something to be behind her. Seeing nothing she turned back to Catalina. "Yes actually, I got tired of them saying I could only date people they approved, and they keep trying to make me go to those stupid photo shoots, of course I'm still going to those, but now I don't have to listen to my mom brag about me all the time." She said rolling her eyes. "They actually supported me moving out, because it brought attention to the family." She said sighing. "That's all it is with my mom, appearance. Go to the photo shoot, get you're hair done, live in a big house, oh if you move out great! Because now as a model you're casting light on the family! Perfect! Strike a pose!" She said grimacing.

"It was really suffocating, so I moved out." She said softly. "Not to mention we're purebloods so it was only date other people who are at least half or more." She said her face twisting into some hidden emotion before smoothing out again as she thought of Sterling. And almost immediately her hand flew to her pocket and she picked up a rock sitting in the bottom of it. She squeezed it into her hand and then glanced at the picture her hand still wrapped around the little rock. "Is..is that Sterling?" She whispered staring at the eyes. It looked like him, she could already see it forming out. She had barely started and she knew who it was. She would always know.

Taking a deep breath she let go of the rock and turned her face away from the picture. "It's been a long time." she whispered staring at Catalina. "You know, since that day on the lawns.. hasn't it?" She asked slowly. "The people who tortured me, almost killed.. him." She said turning away from her again. "I guess its all in the past, but sometimes it's hard to forget." She said softly staring ahead of her. "Sometimes it's hard to remember what I was like before that you know, always happy." She sighed and shook her head.

"Sometimes I can make myself like that again, when I'm alone, or hanging out with friends." She said smiling slightly. "But lately I've been.. reading." She felt a blush creep into her cheeks. "You know you told me to keep trying, and I have, I have a whole room in my new loft that overlooks the entire city and that's where I read." She said smiling. She didn't bring up the fact that the room was completely made of glass except for the floor. She sighed slightly and looked at her. "But really, if you want to come over, anytime." She said smiling at her happily.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:21 am

Sterling had been been strolling around London whistling a tune happily, his thoughts directed toward home, in America... where he would be returning so soon. The thought cheered him more than it should have... he knew he should miss Catalina, and he really would, but it didn't change the fact that he was so excited to see his family again... he was almost skipping for joy as he imagined playing Quidditch with his sisters again. He walked into a random shop, smiling to himself a little stupidly, then froze.

There sitting across from eachother were Chase and Catalina. He cocked his head to the side and considered the situation. It was a really odd feeling... his ex and his girlfriend chumming together. He had never really considered the fact that there may be a bridge between the two worlds... not to mention it was insurmountably awkward.

"Hello Catalina, Chase." he said, smiling. He sat down close to Catalina gingerly and offered her his hand. He always felt faint around Catalina, as if he was in danger of passing out on her shoulder at any moment. For this reason, he always felt unworthy of her, and therefore overly formal despite their casual relationship.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:34 am

Chase jumped and saw.. Sterling. No..way. They had just.. she had just... no. She had to go.. NOW! She was.. no..

Her mind whirling she looked at Sterling and plastered a smile on her face. "Hey Sterling!" She said smiling at him, trying to hide how tired she felt, how so totally alone in the world she felt. She knew she had Jesse, but what she had done to Sterling still clouded her mind. What he had called her still clouded her mind, what he had made her do in an attempt to get her to hate him. She could never hate him.. her hand closed around the rock slowly before letting it go.

She smiled at him again, a huge, smile. Which felt fake to her, much to happy, much to..good. She had never been one to smile to make someone think she was happy. And yet here she was, smiling all big and sparkling, just to make him not feel bad. Though she knew she probably looked like a wreck. "What have you been up to?!" She asked grinning at him putting her hands on the table in front of her before running her hand through her hair agitatedly without really noticing it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top