A Birth day - Page 34
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 34 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 34 of 55 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 44 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 34 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 am

Marcus and Angus thanked her for bringing them plates, and they settled in to eat. 

Victor went up and showered and came back down and joined everyone else at the table. Marcus was looking around at everyone at the table, and most everyone looked exhausted tonight. For their own separate reasons, everyone had had a draining day.

"I think this whole house needs to turn in early tonight," Marcus said.

"Might be a good idea," Victor said stifling a yawn. "I almost forgot tomorrow is Saturday until one of the grounds men mentioned the Hogsmeade street sale tomorrow."

"Is that tomorrow already?" Marcus asked, wide eyed.

"Yeah. Why?" Victor asked.

"Because my kids volunteered me to help in Honeydukes on the Saturday of the street sales," Marcus groaned. "I didn't realize we were so close to the date or I'd have asked for the day off but now.."

"Calm," Angus laughed. "We'll figure out out. How busy does Honeydukes get on that day?"

"Standing room only in the store and a line that winds all the way around the store waiting to get in," Marcus said.

"Oh," Angus said, realizing it would be sheer pandemonium. 

"All four of us said we'd go. We asked Jonathan about setting up a pop up kiosk of sorts outside the store to sell some things to perhaps cut back on some of the chaos in the store, and I think Jonathan's going to do it," Sam said. "I think your kids are going to help with that, but that leaves them short inside the store."

"I'll go with you, Marcus," Angus said. "I believe I know how to weigh up candy. Ru, maybe you can get Kate to watch the babies and we could twist Edward's and Simone's arms into coming along. I trust you can operate a cash drawer or a food scale? I think it could be a lot of fun. What do you think?"

"I think you won't be resting at all," Marcus said. 

"No, but I think it'll be fun," Angus grinned. "I can rest at five when the shop closes."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:20 am

Ruby smiled at them and nodded " your welcome" she said softly then returned to the table a she fed the babies. Hearing Angus she smiled " now that sounds great" she said as Caprice took her fork and started to feed herself. Dimond still needed help with holding the fork but was getting the idea thanks to watching Caprice. " I Think your right" she said but hearing them talk about Honey dukes she chuckled " we all can help out I can take the babies around Diagon alley while you two help in honey dukes" she said " ways wanted to go baby shopping , Jess could come with if she's not got a shift" she said " or I'm sure Ginger and Anise would love to help, but don't you think Ara would have liked to spend time with your kids?" she asked knowing timing sucked in regards Aria spending more time with Marcus kids.

Once supper was done Ruby started to clean away the dishes setting them in the washer and making sure it was on while she wiped down the table , she saw Anise head to the barn with Sam and chuckled a she finished cleaning , walking over she picked up the two plates now empty and took them to the kitchen " hope it was okay, I thought simple but quick was the way to go" she said smiling as she pored two cups of Irish coffee and carried them over to Marcus and Angus. " might help you sleep tonight" she said holding out his potion " unless Robert already gave you some?" she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4208

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:35 am

"Aria will get more than enough time with my kids," Marcus said. "After all, summer break isn't all that far away. I think my parents are going to close the shop for a couple weeks in the summer, and they're planning on going and joining an archeology dig in the rainforest. Not sure why they want to do that, but they're both extremely intellectual, and they like that sort of thing. I'm hoping our cottage is furnished by then because if not, we'll be sleeping in tents in the yard."

"That sounds like fun too, actually," Angus said. "I hope we actually get to do some summer things this year, like fishing in the pond, frog hunting, stargazing, making a bon fire and roasting marshmallows. That's what summer is supposed to be about."

"We may get to do a lot of that if my house doesnt have furniture by then."

"No, we can make room if we need to. Edward still has three empty guest rooms. We could manage if we needed."

"Are you lot all sure you want to do the Honeydukes thing tomorrow?" Marcus asked as Ruby served them Irish coffee. "Thanks."

"Thanks, Ru. I'm positive, Marcus," Angus said. "Ruby, if you want to help tomorrow, you should probably see if someone else can care for the babies. There just won't be enough time to take care of that sort of a mob and take care of babies too. I'm not saying you have to help. I'm just saying I don't think it's any place for babies. And besides, remember the actual distance you're taking. Hogsmeade is in Scotland. Diagon Alley is in London. If you take the babies to Diagon Alley, you're at the opposite end of things. We couldn't begin to protect you and the babies from Suzanne if she tried something. That does worry me."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:44 am

Ruby smiled as Marcus said Aria would get lots of time with his kids than she heard Angus and nodded "yeah, your right, I'll ask Simone if she could mind them tomorrow, I'm sure she'll love doing that" she said with a chuckle " and I'm sure Jack would look in on them from time to time too" she added as she took the plates to the kitchen and put them in the washer then set it going " there all clean for tomorrow's breakfast, any thoughts on that?" shea sked walking in with her own Irish coffee and sitting down on the sofa while the babies played in the pen for a while because she knew they would not go back to sleep right away.

" I should wear practical things tomorrow flats and lose trousers along with a cool but practical top too as it might be hot in honey dukes with all those people" she said going off what Marcus had described earlier. Sipping her drink she listened to Marcus and Angus and nodded " be nice to see the stars , not that we don't anyway with the sky light above our bed but being outside and seeing it is totally different" she said with a sigh " that's if it doesn't rain or become cloudy " she chuckled as she finished her coffee and set the cup down on the table in front of her. She picked up a book and began to read it. " hope anise won't be too long, I know Sam's with her but I can't help worry" she said but saw Jack headed to the barn.

Jack opened the barn doors and saw Anise taking pictures of the pygmy puffs " how's it going?" ha sked her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 pm

"I'm sure Simone'll love it," Angus said. "She didn't get as much time with her grandkids when they were small because of distance. And Edward didn't get to spend much time with any of his grandkids other than Faith and Evie because my family members are arseholes. So Edward enjoys it as much as she does."

When Ruby asked about breakfast, Angus said simply, "I've got it. Don't worry about..." As he was speaking, he heard something crash into the kitchen window. Marcus got up and hurried outside, and a moment later, he was carrying in a bundle of feathers. 

"Oh no. Is that Pip?" Angus was concerned.

"Yeah," Marcus said. "He's still alive, but he's wounded. I saw a huge bird flying off because Archagel was driving him off. This other bird looked like he was just about Archangels's size and shape but definitely not the same color pattern."

"Maybe a different species of eagle?" Angus asked, getting up and going over to Pip, and taking a clean kitchen towel, he loosely wrapped the bird in the towel. He and Marcus worked to gently help Pip untangle himself. 

"That's better. I think he was trying to outfly the bigger bird and crashed into the window. He's been clawed on his back," Marcus said. "He's bleeding."

"So I see. I'll send a paper bird over to Kate," Angus said. "She's the pro on these things with big birds."  Angus scribbled a note and sent a paper bird over to the main house. It wasn't two minutes later that she and Robert showed up. Kate had a messenger bag similar to Robert's. 

"My poor little boy," Kate said, taking Pip from Marcus. It only took her a moment to soothe Pip, and Robert stepped in to help her. They checked him carefully, cleaned his wounds, and Robert used healing spells on the wounds to stop their bleeding and start them to heal.  

"Thank you," Kate told him quietly, as Robert took a couple gauze pads, covered the wounds and wrapped Pip's body in gauze to hold the dressings on. 

"It's not so bad," Robert said. "It could have been far, far worse. A plaster, a healing spell and a treat, and he'll be right as rain." Kate gave Pip a couple owl treats and cuddled him for a moment while Marcus told them what he had seen.

"Well, there indeed are other kinds of eagles around here," Robert said. "Actually, Archangel is the odd man out in these parts. We don't get bald eagles here in the UK. We do get, however, golden eagles and sea eagles."

"What does a sea eagle look like?" Marcus asked.

"Basically, they have a snow white body and darker gray feathers."

"That's it. That's exactly what I saw," Marcus said.

"Well, Archangel is a very territorial lad," Kate said. "Sounds like a sea eagle wants Archangel's territory, and I can tell you right now Archangel just won't be having any of it. He's enormous as bald eagles go, so he'll be chasing off any other eagles from the estate. We have seen a couple territorial disputes before, and as much as I'd like to end them early on to keep him from harm, he's just not having it. This place is his, and he is dead set on keeping it that way. He'll have any intruders driven off in short order. Pip won't have to worry."

"Even when he wasn't quite full grown, he used to drive off every other raptor around," Robert said. "Ruddy cheeky bird. He was even driving off all the messenger owls too until Kate could get it through his little tiny birdy brain that not every owl that comes here is trying to take over his territory."

"Well, now, Robert," Kate said. "Training an eagle to do owl duties is rather going against Mother Nature. It takes a great deal of time and effort to train an eagle to go against its natural instincts. I'll take Pip with me and watch him overnight, and I'm betting Robert's spell will have him back to his duties by morning."

"You could always use Luigi overnight," Robert suggested.

"My owl?" Angus frowned. "He really stinks at delivering messages. Ruby likes him, though I can't figure out why."

"He's bad at messages only because he's a such a stubborn prat," Robert told him. 

"Now, now," Kate said. "I've been working with him, and he's coming along. He's getting better."

"I couldn't get him to deliver messages even with treats," Angus said.

"That's because he didn't like your owl treats. He much prefers a nice juicy bug to an owl treat," Kate said. "I'm working on developing a treat that he'll like."

"I think we'll be okay without an owl tonight because we're all probably going to bed early tonight anyway. We're planning on helping Jonathan at Honeydukes tomorrow," Angus said.

"For the sales?" Robert asked. Angus nodded. "If you go," Robert looked at Angus, I'll bandage your shoulder with a double dressing. Ruby and Marcus, you two should watch me change the dressing in the morning so you know how to do it if he starts to bleed more heavily, and he could just from the movement he's going to be doing tomorrow. And I'll bring him some stronger pain potion."

"You're not going to tell him no?" Kate asked.

"What good would it do?" Robert asked. "He's going to do what he wants anyway. Besides, even though I don't like the task he's doing, a change of pace would do him good. It would do them all good. And with the Geldings pretty effectively on ice for the moment, tomorrow is as good a time as any. My thought on it is that you all should go, have a good time, and bring him back before he bleeds to death." Marcus narrowed his gaze, scowling at Robert at the thought of Angus bleeding to death. 

"We'll try to manage it," Marcus replied.

"Oh, that reminds me," Kate said. "Not to change subjects, but Nicky asked me to ask you if you have any use for pita bread, Angus. The supplier made an error and, instead of sending tortillas, they sent us four full cases of whole wheat pita bread."

"Good lord," Angus sighed. "That's nigh onto one hundred packages of pitas, with ten pitas in a package. That gives us a thousand pitas. I hope he froze some."

"He did indeed, but he could only fit two cases in the freezer. He's using one case of them, and that leaves him with one full case. Could you use it over here?"

"Of course," Angus said.

"I'll have him bring it over shortly," she said.

"Thanks," Angus replied. 

"Thanks for calling us about Pip," Robert said. "Kate's right. He'll be fine by morning."

"And I'll ask Archangel to keep try to keep an eye out for him to make sure he's safe until he can drive off sea eagle," Kate said. They headed back to the main house, taking Pip with them.

"One thing about it, we never get a lot of time to be bored, do we?" Marcus laughed after Robert and Kate left. "I think I'll go get a shower while we're between emergencies. That way I can help with the case of pitas when it gets here. I won't be long. Angus, don't you even think you're going to lift that box. I am not going to spend overnight tonight in an operating room watching Robert knit you back together. It can wait five minutes til I come back down." He headed upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:54 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and heard the soft thump seeing Angus get up and head out she stood up seeing him return with Pip " oh my" she said handing him a towel to wrap the owl in. Now she stood back and watched as Robert and Kate came into the duplex and tended to Pip while Marcus explained what had happened " I hope Arch gives that egal what for" she said seeing Pip now all bandaged..

Ruby hard Robert mention he'd change Angus bandage in the morning and that she should watch, Ruby nodded " don't worry I'll be paying close attention" she said and looked at Angus she smile when Robert spoke of pita bread and a case of it remaining she nodded when Angus said they could take the last crate into their freezer. She looked at Angus when he said they would take it in when it arrived but was glad Marcus told him not to touch it until he came down " good idea" she said looking at Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:23 pm

"I haven't seen Archangel fight another raptor, quite honestly," Angus told Ruby. "I have watched him hunt, though. He's wicked fast, and when something that big is that fast, it can look pretty darned intimidating. I'm honestly not sure I want to watch two eagles in combat. I can't blame Kate a bit for wanting to try to head off any territorial fights. I would too...." He was interrupted by a knock on the door. He went and answered it and saw Nicky with a big box. Nicky didn't even offer to hand it to Angus. He brought it inside and set it on the table, and then cut open the packing tape and opened the box. 

"And we got three more boxes just like this one, huh?" Angus asked.

"We did. I froze two of them already. I've got some in the oven right now, making some pita chips. I'm going to make some garlic and herb ones and then some cinnamon sugar ones," Nicky said.

"Good idea," Angus said. "They're snackers over there, so those won't last very long."

"That's what I'm hoping for," Nicky laughed.

"Good to have you and Shannon back," Angus said. "And I'm sure Abbey is over the moon that Molly is back."

"They're doing a sleepover in Abbey's room tonight. They were disappointed when I left because Abbey wanted to bring Fudge upstairs for the sleepover, and Kate told them no. She's afraid Fudge will end up in the laundry again. She's asked me to make pink pancakes, but I've never gotten them right."

"Sure. Give me a minute." Angus opened his book and showed Nicky the recipe. He was going to write it down for him, but Nicky drew out a scratchpad from his pocket and copied it quickly."

"One more thing. She keeps telling me the shape is wrong. How can I buggar up a pancake?"

"Oh," Angus laughed. "Well, I spoiled her. Here. I'll let you borrow these." He went to the pantry and came back with four cat cookie cutters that he had enlarged. "Grease these, and make your pancakes in these. That's the secret. No artistry involved. Just a cheap muggle trick."

"You scamp," Nicky laughed. "I'll bring these back tomorrow, and then I'll order some of my own. Thank you." Nicky left, still laughing about how Angus made big kitty shaped pink pancakes for Abbey.

"You do know," Marcus said, coming downstairs, "if Caprice sees you can make pink pancakes shaped like kitties, she's going to sooner or later want you to make some orange ones shaped like something or other. Simone made some soft orange sugar cookies, and now Caprice can't get enough of them. So I think you really need to hide that ability of yours for a little or we're all going to be eating orange pancakes here."

"Oh no," Angus frowned. "You mean I'm going to eventually need a recipe for that."

"Well, maple syrup on orange pancakes doesn't even sound good," Marcus said. 

"That means I'm going to have to come up with a recipe for a topping that isn't disgusting, aren't I?" Angus sighed. "Maybe I won't have to do those until she's about 65."

"Doubtful. Right now, that child wants none of the things she wants and everything that belongs to someone else," Marcus teased. "What are you going to do with all those pitas?"

"I'm going to get creative," Angus said. "I'm going to freeze them all for now except for two packages."

"We dont' have that kind of room in our freezer."

"Oh, yes we will. All I have to do is reorganize it."

"Sit. Maybe Ruby and I can manage to reorganize it--somehow. What do you think Ruby? Can you and I fit in about ten packages of pita bread in our very full freezer?" Marcus asked her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and chuckled " true he is formidable" she said smiling as she heard the knock on the door " come in, Nicky please2 she said and watched her carry the box to the table and place it down " thank you" she said softly. Then chuckled when they spoke of Caprice and oranges, " something tells me she isn't going to be like that" she said softly as she looked in the package and took out two packages placing them on the table . Hearing Marcus she nodded " oh there's room just have to as you aid reorganise the freezer." she said chuckling a she headed over and then pause " come on let Angus go for his shower" she said opening the walk-in so they could put the bread away.

Once the bread was away Ruby looked at Marcus and placed the now empty box in the recycling bin. " well we got it in" she said and chuckled " now we need to think of meals with pitta bread for months." she chuckled moving back to the couch and sitting down. " oh has any one made a fresh pot of coffee yet, because if not I'll do it right now" she added.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:51 pm

"He's not going to be able to shower tonight, not as such," Marcus said. "He can take a tub bath, but if he showers, he's going to get Robert's dressing wet." He looked at Angus. "Do you think you're steady enough on your feet, with the blood loss, to be able to get in and out of a tub without falling on your face?"

"I think I'll be fine," Angus said.

"I left a pair of pajama trousers for you on your dresser, in case you wanted to try it," Marcus said. "If you need a hand, give a shout, and I'll come up. Coffee sounds great, Ruby, but let's make it decaf since we're all getting up early."

"Okay," Angus said. He went upstairs, and he settled into the tub only letting himself sink so far into the tub so he avoided getting his dressing any wetter than absolutely necessary. It took him longer than a shower, but he managed. As he was getting dressed he heard the babies start in downstairs.

Marcus, of course, heard it too, and he turned to see that the babies babbling angrily at each other at the top of their lungs, and he saw them smacking each other with stuffed toys.

"Those two, I swear," Marcus said to Ruby. "So far, the weapons are just stuffies. I think they're getting tired and neither of them want to give up and got to sleep for the night. You want to intervene, or should we just let them tire themselves out and then put them in their cribs?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 pm

Ruby heard Marcus and nodded she agreed " oh okay" she said then heard him motion about making the coffee decaf " another good idea" she said heading to the kitchen to put the kettle on to make a pot for every one. Once it was done she made the pot and pored three mugs.

Hearing the babies and hearing Marcus she sighed and chuckled " oh leave them to tire themselves out " she said handing him a cup of decaf coffee before placing Angus beside his chair and charming it to stay warm for him for after his bath. She watched the babies battle and chuckled when Caprice conceded and fell back onto the soft toys. " I think Dimond won that one" she said watching as Dimond giggled and held up her prise the toy Caprice had been fighting with. " she's a real battler, I think she'd make a good fighter one day" Ruby said with a smile " with the right parents" she said softly as she took another sip of her coffee.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 55 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 44 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top