A Birth day - Page 39
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 39 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 39 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 39 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:01 pm

Jack listened as Angus showed pictures of Ginger and Anise to Fenrir, showing him how they had matured then he showed him ones of Caprice and Dimond. He heard them talk of Chris and nodded " defiantly, I can have Jessie bring him when this is all over." he said and nodded " I have a feeling he'd enjoy it just as much as he's helping at the cottage hospital with the children" he added " Jess told me, and I agree about Dimond , her biological parents just don't care about her." he said and crossed his arms across his chest to show his displeasure for Suzzanne and Tom.

Jack glanced around the long house and watched the others fix food and play with the kids , life seem to flow in that house and it made him smile as he watched even with the Mumps that was going around.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4344

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:11 pm

"I have known many with the same personality," Fenrir told Jack. "You can't make certain people care once they reach a certain age. They're either raised with some decency or compassion or they aren't. And, I have also believed that some just are somehow permanently ill or damaged in that regard that no matter how much decency you expose them to, you can't change them or make them any better."

"You're speaking now of Voldemort," Angus said.

"And Grindelwald, and a number of others who are geniuses at hurting and killing others. At the time when I was associated with them, there were no other options for me. The options I have now have gotten considerably better since then, but, I see no spark of compassion in either Gelding. If they want her back it is only for some desire to be able to use her to perpetuate the family name and bloodline by reproducing a number of Gelding cubs. It's a numbers game. Nothing more, no interest specifically in this cub at all."

"I think you've hit it right on the money," Edward said.

"I think I have enough evidence that I could take the matter to court and win, but if I do, their desire to kill me only substantially increases," Angus sighed.

"Then, Little Gryffindor, you must decide if you wish to sacrifice the child to increase your own chance of survival, or if you will fall a little bit harder on your own sword to protect her," Fenrir looked at Angus, already knowing what a true Gryffindor would choose to do.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22814
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:19 pm

Jack sighed and nodded knowing he was right in what he had said " yes , seem that way" he said then as Fenrir spoke again he thought of James and nodded " your right I was raised by my parents but my brother wasn't , yet he chose to attack and leave me to die, turning me for just for that reason" he said shifting where he stood as he listened to Fenrir talk to Angus. He knew exactly what Angus was going to do and was sure he'd not send Dimond back to the geldings in any way.

Now seeing what time it was he looked to Edward and Angus " we should head back and yes I'll have Kate explain to them both so they will happily bring letters and notes from and to the camp" he said knowing both birds would love to help in anyway.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:27 pm

"Werewolves like him don't last long," Fenrir told Jack. "They're like putting petrol on a fire. They burst into our world, burn white hot for a time, and then someone either extinguishes them or their bodies just break down and collapse from all they've put themselves through. Mark my words. Your brother might believe he has the world by the gonads right now, but it won't be for long, especially since so many hate him. And it isn't just humans who hate him. Every sentient being I've come across hates him for the damage he's caused."

"Go ahead and head back, Jack," Angus said. "We've got it. I'd like to talk to some of the pack members before I leave if I may, Fenrir? To see if there's anything else we might do for them? And I'd still like to show Dennis the newspaper photos of the girls."

"Talk to anyone you like, young Donohue," Fenrir waved Angus away.

"You need me to come with you, Jack? Or would you prefer to talk to Kate yourself? If I stay, I'll walk him with Angus whenever he's ready to go."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:34 pm

Jack looked at Fenrir and nodded he agreed at how he described James then looked to Angus and Edward " I'll head back you guys stay" he said then chuckled " I should check on Jessie and how he's doing with the tasks I set" he added and looked to Fenrir as he spoke " thank you for letting us in to your pack, I'll be heading back, see you guys later " he said and ported out of the long house back to the main house.

Entering he went to find Kate to ask her about Pip and Archangel being used to send and receive letters from pack members. " Kate could I talk to you for a moment?" he called as he entered the main house. He did smile seeing Rosaria and Carlos in the main hose helping with food preparations. " good to see you , Rosaria , Carlos. " he said as he passed them by,
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:16 am

"Of course," Kate said to Jack. "What's up?"

Angus and Edward talked to the pack members. Some of the older women were missing being able to weave and sew. They needed yarns for weaving, thread for sewing, buttons, sewing needles, and the like. Angus made a list on the back of the newspaper photos. He showed the pictures to Dennis, and all the pack wanted to see them. Angus showed them to them, and they were delighted at how beautiful Anise and Ginger had become in the right hands. They talked about how well the girls had developed as fighters and as young women. And then, some of the younger women wanted some leisure books to read and puzzle books--crossword puzzles, that sort of thing. Angus promised to bring them.

Edward went with Angus to Diagon Alley, and Angus looked for the sideboard he was hoping for. It was Edward that actually spotted one that fit the bill. It was small, but it had a lot of drawers and compartments for cutlery, plates, linens and glassware. Edward bargained long and hard to get the price down, and when it was low enough, Angus bought it. The dealer arranged to deliver it that afternoon.

Then Edward and Angus went shopping for everything the women had asked for. On an impulse, Angus bought a dozen good swiss army knives, some fishing equipment, including some good tackle including a good fly-tying kit. Then, feeling that he had gotten what he'd come for, he and Edward headed home. Angus packaged up the goods that he had bought to take them up to the pack, but as he was sitting with the things, putting them into a couple of boxes, he was starting to realize he was knackered. He sat back and sighed, frustrated. He had things he had yet to do, and he hadn't done anything to take care of the people in his own house today.

Marcus set a fresh cup of coffee in front of Angus.

"Penny for your thoughts," Marcus said quietly.

"I'm tired," Angus said.

"Well, you have a right to be. You've been up and going nonstop since 4:30 this morning, and that's a lot for someone who is on their way back from major surgery. You have a right to be tired by now. What's all this stuff you bought?"

"Things for the pack. Things they asked me to get for them," Angus said. "I'm glad they felt like they could ask."

"They're warming up, then. That's a good sign they trust you. Its about time. You and the others have put a lot of work into helping them."

"I didn't do it for any particular reason, only that they needed help."

"I know."

"I need to take this to them. I need to pick up the girls and cook supper and...bloody take care of my own family," Angus said. Marcus saw then how stressed Angus was. For some reason, he was putting himself under a great deal of pressure to step up and take care of his family, to do whatever it was they needed--picking up the girls, taking care of the babies, cooking the meals, and all the rest of it. For some reason, he was feeling like he needed to do it.

"What's this really about?" Marcus asked.

"I have a job to do, and I need to get to it, that's all," Angus said.

"I'll get the girls," Marcus said. "Let's take help where we can get it. I'll order Sparks for us tonight, and I'll help you take that up to the pack in the morning. I can accept that you want to do all these things, but is there any reason you need to do them all tonight?..." There was a knock on the door right then. Marcus got up and went to the door.

"Angus, there's a bloke here with a table?"

"Oh. The sideboard I ordered. Ask them to bring it in, please, and I'll figure out later where to put it. Thanks." Angus said. Marcus motioned them to bring it in, and he had them set it out of the way, near the door to Edward's side. Marcus paid their delivery fee and sent them on their way.

"I'll go get the girls. You going to be alright?" Marcus asked.

"Of course," Angus said. "I'll put something simple together for supper." Marcus nodded and ported out to go to Tuscany. Angus headed into the kitchen and set out a pasta pot to boil some spaghetti noodles and then started making a bolognaise sauce.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:39 pm

Jack heard Kate and smiled " Angus and Fenrir were wondering if Pip and Arch could agree to take latter's back and forth to the pack since some of his pack are now in the cottage hospital?" he asked her as Pip flew in and settled on his shoulder.

Ruby and Aria had settled the babies down for a nap and had seen Angus return then immediately start more work. Aria looked at Marcus while Ruby fetched a blanket and lay it across Angus " rest, we have the babies and Marcus said he will take the girls back to Evens, as for dinner we'll pull together and make something." She told him as she tucked the blanket around him and lay the chair back alittle so he could sleep if he wanted.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:08 pm

"I don't see why not," Kate replied. "I'll have a word with them and let you know. I'd want them to fly in the day as much as possible. We do still have some of that pack that refuses to take wolfsbane. Although, to Fenrir's credit, he has managed to reel them in and keep them up there near the longhouses. Still, I would rather a fully transformed werewolf not hunt my birds if I can help it."

"I've got a bolognaise started if you wouldn't mind finishing that," Angus said. "I hadn't gotten far enough to consider a salad or garlic bread to go with it or dessert, but if you'd like to take care of it, I'd appreciate it. I have this package to finish for the pack, and I have more menus to write for the isolation cabin. You might want to check out that sideboard. I like it. It looks really small, but it has an absolute ton of storage space. It's not overly fancy, so that means we can use it as a real workhorse in the kitchen. And, I honestly think that if I could find an antique worktable of the same height and length, we could set them in the kitchen as an island. Set the sideboard with its back up against the worktable. It would make a really efficient kitchen island, I think. That would let us easily set out dishes on the sideboard and keep right on working. I think maybe I could figure out how to enlarge the kitchen enough to accommodate it--maybe. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:22 pm

Jack listened to Kate and nodded " yes that would be a bad thing for poor pip and archangel, but I'll keep a close eye on them don't worry, so far its just a few women and one girl but could be more" he added as he looked at Pip on his shoulder. Accioing a treat he handed it off to him chuckling as he ate it from his hand.

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded as he spoke once he stopped she smiled to him " we'll get the boys when they come in to move it , I'll sort the salad and finish the bolognaise Aria can fix desert and together we'll sort the babies if they wake but right now they are sleeping so should you." she said smiling to him as she saw Aria nod .

"I have the perfect desert" Aria said and smiled as she stood up " Cherry & almond frangipane galette" she said and headed to the kitchen to start making it leaving Ruby smiling.

"see we got this, relax" she looked up at Marcus " please make him get some rest."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:57 pm

"Give me a few minutes. Let me get the girls and I'll be back." Marcus went to Tuscany, picked up the girls and brought them back. He told them to get straight onto their homework when they got home, and make sure to get it done. When Marcus got back, Angus was finishing his boxes to go up to the pack.

"Let me set those on the desk for you for now. We can take those tomorrow," Marcus said. He picked up Angus's cigarettes and his jacket. "Let's go smoke."

"Okay" Angus said. He put his jacket on and got up, and they went outside and sat down out at the gazebo at the back of the yard. Marcus believed it would give Angus a bit of privacy. He hoped that it would allow Angus to talk about what was on his mind. They sat outside and smoked a couple cigarettes, but Angus didn't really talk, except to say he wasn't doing his job where his family was concerned, and he needed to change it. When Marcus tried to ask him what made him think he wasn't doing his job, Angus didn't go into it. When Angus finished his second cigarette, he merely got up and went back in the house and hung up his jacket. He made a fresh pot of coffee and then sat down, yawning, starting to work on the menu for next week for the isolation cabin. Marcus followed him back to the house.

"The spaghetti sauce smells good," Marcus told Ruby. "I think I'm getting hungry." He saw the coffee was finished brewing and he poured a cup for Angus and one for himself. Looking out the kitchen window, he saw Sam and Victor on their way back.

"The boys are on their way, and I know I wont have to ask if they're hungry," Marcus teased. "Those boys were born hungry."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top