A Birth day - Page 27
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 27 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 27 of 100 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 27 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:22 pm

Ruby sat and listened to Angus and Edward talking smiling as they said they would hunt high and low for the kids should anything like what happened to Harry happen to their kids she could not deny she would do the same. " good, I don't want her not knowing how to defend herself." she said and Aria noded in agrement . As the sind ratted the sindows both women looked over glad they were made from toughened glass and enchanted to withstand such weather.

Jack listened to Kate and nodded at her words " I for one am glad he did discover the wolfbane potion, with out it I don't think I would but I think Fenrir might want to look to a protégé, if he even thinks that way for when his time comes" he said and looked at Kate as she continued to talk. He heard her mention his brother and chukled " yeah, he is intimidateing just by his reputation alone, I think my brother is just a hard headed git for going against him and teaming up with Gelding." Jack said hearing the wind pick up " I should go batten down the hatchs for this snow storm, you always give good insite and I enjoy talking with you." he said with a smile as he moved to the stairs to head up to check the windows in the bedrooms that they were all shot and locked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4251

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:08 pm

"All we need is some lovely warm holiday drink to make it an official snowed-in evening," Edward smiled.

"I think I could oblige you," Angus said. He cleaned the fireplace poker and then rested it in the fire to heat, and while it was heating, he got out some extra large, heavy pottery mugs, and he poured room temperature stout into them and then mixed a biit of gin, and a couple tablespoons of treacle syrup into the stout and used an enchantment to stir them. Then, when they were all mixed, he brought the red hot poker over and put it into the first mug. Flame shot out of the mug, making an impressive display, as the smell of the stout and the treacle drifted through the air.

"Oh, now you're showing off, aren't you?" Marcus asked, actually impressed.

"Well, that's how it was done in Victorian times," Angus said. "Some things are worth bringing back once in awhile." Angus took the first mug, still spouting some flame and set it in front of Edward.

"What's it called?" Edward asked.

"Well, the name does it no justice, but it goes back to Charles Dickens' book The Pickwick Papers, and its called a Dog's Nose, of all things. The drink was very popular for a time, or so I've read." He made more of the drinks, heating the poker up between the drinks, and passed them around.

"This is very nice," Edward said, sipping his drink. "Well, now it feels like a real snowbound evening."

"Glad to oblige," Angus said.

"Your brother," Kate said to Jack, "is an egotistical, greedy bastard with no cheese on his cracker at all." She smiled when he said he liked talking with her. "I like talking with you too, Jack. Do check the windows to make sure that all the glass is enchanted against wind damage, won't you? I can't honestly remember if we ever got to all the windows with that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:16 pm

Ruby sat and listened thinking h as going to make hot chocolate with marshmallos but when he placed the pokeer into the fire she watched in puzzlment as he made up the drink then dipped the poker into it , she could not help but scrunch her nose at it " I'll pass sorry " she said " stout and Gin were nver my favorate drinks, not a nice rich hot chocolate I could get around" she said and chuckled.

Aria on the other hand watched and smiled as she was handed a mug of the drink, taking a sip she felt it warm hr from teh inside and smiled " its not that bad" he said and offered her mug to marcus to try. "its kinda like fire whiskey but with out the kick, certaily warms you thou" she chuckled a she felt the warmth spread to her toes.

Jack smiled to Kate and nodded " yeah I think the mice stole it and then lost it years ago" he said then nodded to her as she spoke of making sure the glas in all the windows were charmed to not break in teh high winds " that was my first thought " he said and headed up the stairs and into each room his own in cluded , he did find several windows open and so he shut them making sure they were locked and charmed before moving on to the next which was Roberts lab, he found the balcony doors wide open and flapping, quickly he closed them and locked it tight making sure once more it was not going to open or be damaged before returning to the living room.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:40 pm

"To each his own, I guess," Angus replied. He didn't dislike hot chocolate, but he wasn't in the mood for anything that milky and that sweet. He knew that, probably, because of his chef training, he had a more diverse and adventurous palate than she did. It wasn't a dig or a slam, it was just truth. "Changing subjects, why haven't I heard the babies in awhile?"

"Well, Caprice was getting a bit cranky a bit ago so I gave her a couple teething cookies," Simone said. "And I gave Diamond one of those feeder bottles with some warm applesauce with some sweet potato and banana. She thought it was great, and she's dozing, I believe. Caprice probably has the playpen, herself, and Diamond, all covered in slimy cookie by now."

"She's quiet, so I say we leave her alone," Angus said. "I was just curious."

"With a little luck, they'll take an after lunch nap for us," Edward replied.

"Hey," Sam called from upstairs. "Are there any puzzles or anything? Something challenging?"

"Just how challenging do you want?" Edward asked

"We're bored."

"Already? I think I have just the puzzle for you. Go over to my place, and look for the red wooden box on the bottom shelf of my bookcase. You'll need a folding table to put it on, but go try your hands at it."

"Cool!' Sam said, sliding down the banister and dashing over to Edwards. Edward had a mischievous grin on his face.

"What did you give them?" Simone scowled.

"Its a 7000 piece puzzle of a dragon," Edward grinned.

"Oh no," Simone sighed.

"That's not the worst of it," Angus said. "Its a 3D dragon, and knowing some dragon anatomy really does help. He never tells anyone its a 3D puzzle. But, when its put together, the thing does blow magical fire."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:53 pm

Ruby chuckled and nodded " yeah it is" she said smiling as they spoke of the babies that had been quiet she glanced over and saw both lai down Caprice lay her blanket over Dimond and she smiled " well your wish has been granted " she said and motioned to Edwrad to look in the playpen where both were sleeping Caprice with half a cookie in her hand the rest laid next to Dimond in the pen. She glanced at the stairs as Sam walked down asking about any puzzles.

Aria moved and cleaned up the cookie with out disterbing the babies. As she was tood looking out the window she saw the snow flakes being whisped around in the wind untill she could not see the house opasite them. " well its realy coming down now." she said placing the cookie bits in the kitchen bin.

Jack finished his rounds and was glad to see no othr windows were left open and he retune to the living room and sat down picking up the paper as he sat down in a recliner chair to relax for the night.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:08 pm

"Angus? You there?" Tara's voice came through the floo.

"Here," Angus said, going to the fireplace.

"We're safe, and we've heard from Sergio. They're home, safe and sound, and so are we. Some nitwit was porting across with some skis, and it seems they lost control of them midway across. Anyway, Evan got walloped in the face with those damned skis..." That made Edward wince just to think about it. "Evan and I were holding hands with the portkey in both our grasps. It's just something we started to do when we port in bad weather. Anyway, I still had hold of the portkey, so I finished porting us home. Evan's alright but he isn't going to look any more fetching than you do for a few days, Angus. Right now, he's got a colossal headache and a mammoth bruise on his face, but it could have been so much worse. Anyway, I thought I'd let you know everyone's fine."

"Call a healer if he shows any other symptoms of any kind," Edward called. "And keep me posted, won't you?"

"I will," Tara replied. "Anise and Ginger will be here with us tonight. I think they're a bit nervous about their very first school experiences ever tomorrow."

"They're going to be just fine," Angus said. "I have no doubt whatsoever."

"We don't doubt it either, but I think it will help them to be with Evie and Faith tonight."

"Agreed. Thanks, Tara," Angus said. He closed the floo.

"One more reason not to port in bad weather," Edward sighed. "Things fly all over the place and you never know what you're going to be clocked with. Skis. That had to hurt."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:15 pm

Ruby was happy to hear from Tara but not what she expected "Oh my" she said hearing about Even being hit with skis as they had ported back to their home, she let Angus close the foo before she spoke. " who ports with skis?" she asked shaking her head but was happier knowing the girls were safe and at Even and Tara's. Now all she had to worry about was Victor and Sam finishing the 3D dragon puzzle. " I like those types of puzzles, 3d ones, they challenge the mind and dexterity of the hands" she said and chuckled.

Aria stood up and headed to the pantry hearing banging coming from it, opening the door she found a small window that had blown open " Hum?" she said and moved to close it, finding the small owl sitting on the floor "Oh my you look cold" she said as it hopped on her arm. Walking back into the living room she looked at Angus " poor fella got blown into the pantry window knocking it open, seems the animas are not doing good tonight ether." she noted he wore his winter coat of white and some dar spots.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:36 pm

"Idiots port with skis," Edward said.

"You should go take a look at that thing," Angus said. "It took me nigh onto a year to put that together. Evil thing." Marcus laughed. He saw Aria get up and go to the pantry and come back with Pip.

"Pip, what the heck are you doing outside in this crap?" Angus asked. "You'll end up blown clear across to the continent. Aria, get one of those thick dishtowels and wrap him up in it to get him warm. I'll get him a couple treats, and I'll try one of Kate's old tricks." He got up and got a container of bone broth and heated some up and brought it and set it on the table. "Maybe he'll drink a little to warm him up from the inside. He can stay with us til it blows over. We'll let Jack know because if we don't the crew is going to be looking for him. I hope Archangel is indoors."

He went to the floo and opened it and got Michael.

"I thought you'd be in Hogsmeade this afternoon," Angus said.

"So did I," Michael said. "I was looking forward to making some Cog Au Vin, putting a nice Chablis with it and listening to some Bach, but that all got blown to hell. So I'm here for the duration, I think. What's up?"

"Would you tell Kate, please, that Pip is over here. He got blow into our place through our pantry window. He's alright, but he sure is cold. We'll warm him up, and he can stay here til the storm passes."

"I'll tell her. She was about ready to try to use your rope and go out to the barn to try to find him. Robert was about ready to stick her feet to the floor, I think. I'll tell her right now. Thanks." Michael snapped the floo shut, and Angus laughed.

"He'd have really done it too," Marcus said. "If he didn't want her to go out, he really would have stuck her to the floor."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:42 pm

Aria heard Angus and nodded grabbing a large towel and wrapping the poor small owl in it to warm him taking some bone broth she set him down close to it Pip she saw drank it immediately " hum no fool this one he knows the broth will warm him" she said chuckling then nodded to Angus " he can sit near the fire too, too warm up" she said watching as he drank little by little the broth.

Ruby heard Angus talk to Michael threw the floor and chuckled at his mention of Robert glueing Kates's feet to the floor to keep her inside. " guess she's a very determined woman and will be glad t know he's here." she brushed her finger over Pips head lightly " you'll be safe here." she told him and he gave a soft hoot in responce making her chuckle again.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:55 pm

"I think Pip likes you," Angus told her.

"She is very headstrong," Marcus nodded. "And she truly is one of the smartest women I've ever met. Her heart can sometimes get in her way, though, particularly with a bird of prey that might be in trouble. I'm glad Robert didn't feel like he needed to hex her like that. She would have not responded well to that."

"Have you ever seen them ever duel?" Angus asked.

"No, actually," Marcus said.

"It is not a pretty sight," Angus laughed. "She is his dueling partner of choice when he really wants a contest, and I've only seen him beat her once. She's quick, but her real strength is her ability to think out of the box, including making her own spells up as she goes along. Just when he thinks he has her figured out, she'll make something up. I think it's a good contest for him because it certainly keeps him on his toes."

"Did I hear she had a special relationship with Dumbledore?" Simone asked.

"Well, I don't know how special it was, but he was a supporter of the organization, and he had a huge respect for her seers abilities, so much so that he left her his pensieve in his will. She still has it, and she still uses it," Angus said.

"I would like to see that," Simone said. "That was one thing I never did see in my Hogwarts days. But then again, he was just a professor then. Dippet was headmaster then.'
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 100 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top