A Birth day - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 2 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:59 pm

Aria watched as they all went back in to the house she listened to Marcus and nodded catching sight as the curtains twitched. With a nod she ported out back to the duplex and over to Jessie and Yu's place where she found both relaxing with Chris in the living room. One she had explained Yu picked up Chris and walked over to Angus place and knocked " Hi , would you be able to watch Chris Jessie and I have to run an erran with Aria and it might take some time" he said watching as Chris ran overto Caprice and sat facing her to play.

Jack stayed with Marcus " so now what shake down the other kid?" he asked " and why you send Aria away?" he looked at him "you expecting trouble?" he folded his arms across his chest as he waited watching the house closely.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4141

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:23 am

"Of course," Kate told Jessie. "He can join us for supper. We're making a bit pot of stew and some asiago cheese bread for supper tonight."

"Yeah," Marcus told Jack. "Let's get it done. I don't like putting the squeeze on kids, but better that it's us and not someone else." He listened to Jack ask why he sent Aria away and questioned if he believed there would be trouble.  He frowned, that thought not having entered his head even for a fraction of a moment.

"Sent her away?" He echoed. "No. That had absolutely nothing to do with it. She's very experienced and capable of taking care of herself. She doesn't need me to protect her.  As I see it, we have more to do than what the three of us can handle on our own, so I sent her to make sure things are done fast and right. We have to get to Archer Littletree, and we also have to make sure that no one leaves either of these houses. And at the same time, we also have to make sure that Suzanne and Tom don't set up these kids at the coffee shop tomorrow. We already know what Tom does to kids, and I don't want either of them to have enough time in advance at the coffee shop to cause harm to either one of these boys. They don't have any idea how dangerous Suzanne and Tom really are, so we have to make sure that these kids don't end up in far bigger trouble than they bargained for. And, while that's going on, we have to make sure we have the shopping done for this house, and the sooner the better, or the Plumstones are going to be going out for their own marketing, and we won't be able to protect them, and while we're at it, I won't be at all surprised if we have to strike some sort of shopping deal with the Littletrees too.

"As I see it," he explained to Jack, "the only way that we're going to get all these bases covered and keep them that way is if I sent one of us ahead to get at least seven teams assembled and get them here immediately if not sooner.  The three of us were not ever going to be able to watch both the front and the back of these two houses as well as the front and the back of the coffee shop all at the same time, as well as making a run to the shop. That's six locations to stake out, plus a trip to the shop. Unless you know of a way we can all divide ourselves into multiple pieces, we need more help, and we need it right this minute. As a team leader for the aurors, Aria has had a lot of experience in running teams. She can either get Jessie and Yu on assembling the stakeout teams and then get someone on the shopping, or she'll have some other way to get over a dozen people moving. Either way, I trust her judgement about how she gets this job done before the Plumstones and the Littletrees figure out that we really don't yet have anyone watching their house. I'm hoping that by the time they figure that out, Aria will have someone here. That's why I sent her. I have no intention of being in this neighborhood one moment longer than I have to be because I still have a job to keep both Khaat and Robert safe when they go back to work. And, while I'm at it, I have to update Robert before Angus hears who is behind all this because he's going to want to rip out Suzanne's hair by the roots or something equally as vindictive. If I tell Robert first, he will be able to make the decision about what he says to Angus about it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:31 pm

Yu smiled at Kate and then walked over hugging Chris as he moved to leave with Jessie and Ari. Once Aria had told them what they should fetch Aria headed to the Paris HQ and found Owens and told him what was needed "We need six locations to stake out, our intel says it's Suzzane responsible for the thefts at St Mungos, the boys's homes need watching so they don't tip her off, were arranging food and supplies for them as a sweetener also to encourage them to stay put." she told him.

Jack listened to Marcus and chuckled "Okay if you say so" he added as he followed Marcus down the road towards the second boy's home " besides maybe a bit of scaring the life out of them might scare them in the right direction" he added as they drew close to the second home.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:52 pm

Marcus didn't reply to Jack's comment that sounded like Jack questioned Marcus's reasoning. Marcus's reasoning had been sound, and he did not have any doubt about any of Aria's abilities. In fact, he had sent her because he believed she was the one who had the most experience in directing multiple teams. It was actually the fact that he did find her immensely competent that made him ask her to get these teams assembled and in place fast.

He focused now on the Littletree boy. As they approached the house, a boy that was Hugo's age leaped out an upstairs window and started to sprint down the street. Marcus sighed, annoyed. Clearly, Hugo had somehow gotten word to Archer, and Archer was making a break for it.

"That's about par for the course," Marcus sighed. He flicked his wand at a rubbish bin and slid it across from the curb to up on the sidewalk right in front of Archer, who not only ran into it but fell headfirst straight into the bin. Marcus apparated up to the bin and snatched up the boy by his collar and by the waistband of his jeans and dragged him up out of the bin. The boy fought Marcus like he had the extra arms and legs to do it. Annoyed, Marcus levitated him up into the air while the boy flailed helplessly, screeching.

"Shut it, or I'll change everything in that bin to horse manure before I chuck you back in it," Marcus said. "We're not here to hurt you, but if you don't reel it in, I'll make you stink for month of Sundays."

"I know who you are, and I know what you want," the boy said, trying to be brave.

"Well, that's good, because Hugo doesn't have a clue who we are," Marcus said.

"You work for that old bint what owes us money! Well, I'll tell you what..." the boy was starting to rant.

"God, I should have brought some duct tape. You're an annoying little git, aren't you? All chuffed up with yourself. No, I don't work for her, you little idjit." And just because he was irked with him, Marcus flipped the boy upside down in the air.

"Hey! Put me down. All me blood's goin' to me head!" the boy screeched.

"It might as well, since you don't have anything else up there," Marcus scowled. He looked at Jack. "Maybe I should leave him up there. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:01 pm

Jack saw the boy run and was about to take off after him when he saw the rubbish bin fly out and knock the boy down . He watched as Marcus levitated the boy then told the boy to quite down " best do as he says " he scolded the boy as he stood cross armed listening when Marcus said about horse manure he could not help chuckle but when asked if he should leave him up there Jack sighed " wouldn't be fair on the rats around here and I don't mean the two legged ones" he said loud enough for the boy to hear. Then looking at Marcus he took out his wand turning the rubbish to manure he paused and looked to the boy " now what will it be? manure or manners" he asked his wand glowing as he held it.

Aria organised sevral men and told them using a map where to position them selves once Yu and Jessie returned she saw the two big boxes and nodded " okay lets get back" she said " but Yu Take this to this address, Jessie your with me to the second, hopfully Marcus has spoken to Archer and he has agree just as Hug did" she then shook her ehad " nope can't see it,." she took hold of Yu and Jessie hand and ported them back just intime to see a dangling boy in the middle of a street . Ignoring it she walked over to Marcus " Yu's going to Hugos place with what was requested the other is in place" she told him then loked the boy up and down " would you look at that , trash that takes it self out and is looking redder than a tomatoe." she smirked as she watched the boy in the air.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:19 pm

"Put me down!" Archer shouted. Marcus smiled when he saw Aria come back with Jessie.

"See? Told you, Jack. If you want it done right, ask a woman," Marcus said. Then he looked at Aria. "There's a story to that. I'll tell you later." Marcus acted as if he was going to drop the boy headfirst on the sidewalk but he deliberately stopped short just a fraction of an inch from his head smacking the concrete.

"Jesus! You're crazy!" Archer shrieked. "Put me down!"

"You going to run?" Marcus asked.

"No. No, I swear," Archer agreed. Marcus lowered the boy to the ground and gave him a moment. The boy stood up, his head aching from having all the blood rush to his head. "Now, whatcha want with me?" Archer asked.

"How long have you been working for the woman?"

"Just this job," Archer said. "I swear it."

"How'd she find you?"

"Dunno," he shrugged. Marcus rolled his eyes.

"No, its true! Me and Hugh was down at the chippy--you know, the one in the park that has the picture of the cartoon fish eating chips. Only decent place to eat on this side of town. We was eatin', and this old biddie shows up and asks us if we want to make a bob. All we had to do was nick these bottles from the A&E, and she'd pay us good, she said. Well, this whole gig has been more trouble than its worth. That old fart chased us through the A&E, and then Hugh got us both all turned around when he ran us down into the damned cellar instead of getting us out, and then he decided to stop that old duffer and he tripped him. Killed him, I think. Dumbass. And now Granny wants more potions. Wants us to go back. Picky bitch. She says they gotta come from that same A&E. I told Hugh to tell her to stuff herself, but, oh no. Hugh wants the money. He's a jerk. I just wanna be done with her."

"You believe that?" Marcus asked Aria.

"It's the truth, I swear it!"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:26 pm

Aria looked to Marcus and nodded " and I want to hear it" she said smirking but droping it as she turned to look at the boy as he spoke. Jack stood with Jessie now holding the large box under his arm. She stood and listened to Archer talking then nodded " yeah I belive him, can't argue when hes already wet himself just from meeting you." she said noticing a dark patch on the front of the boys trousers. "I will tell you this if you try and return to the hospital tonight we will know, what Im saying is , stay in your home oh by the way that wizard you knocked down the stairs, he's alive and pissed as hell." she told him then tumbed to Marcus " you think hes bad, cross us and we'll let that ..old duffer lose on you and trust me you do not want to piss him off, right Jack?." Jack stepped forwad and nodded.

Jack listened and stepped closer to Aria " shes right if you don't want to live your life in a jar , I say stay inside and think about what your doing, change." he simply said as he now stood next to Aria.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:40 pm

Marcus hadn't actually noticed that Archer really had wet himself.

"She's right about the man you both assaulted," Marcus said. "I will tell you one thing. We're the only ones keeping the aurors off your stinky butts right now because that old man is the Deputy Minister of Magic...."

"What!" Archer paled, his voice broke and squeaked like he was twelve going through a voice change. "He's who???"

"I'm serious," Marcus said. "If you both don't want to end up in Azkaban, you're both going to do exactly as the lady here says. No returning to the hospital tonight. We can keep the Deputy Minister and the aurors off your doorstep tonight but only if you do exactly as we say. You're going to meet your contact tomorrow night at the coffee shop and you're going to take her the package that we provide to her. And you're going to convince her that you got it by nicking them from A&E. Understand me?"

"What about the money?" Archer asked.

"Stay home tonight til we come back tomorrow night and take you to the coffee shop. Do it right. Make her believe you and Hugo, and I'll double your take on it. And then we'd better not ever see you nicking so much as a penny sweet. And if you ever go to St. Mungo's again for another job, you'll need the A&E and not for a haul. Am I making myself clear?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I got it. What's your interest in it?"

"The woman. She's bad news, far worse than you know. You have no idea just how over your head you and Hugo are. Do what we tell you, and you'll go free. Buggar it up, and you both could end up dead or in Azkaban--if you're lucky. We're not your enemies. We're trying to get you both out of deep, deep trouble. Got that?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I got it. But I can't stay in the house tonight. Me old man expects me to drop the papers around before supper."

"What papers?"

"The Quibbler. Me old man has a double paper route for 'em, and he expects me to drop them around." Marcus looked at Aria. "Can you figure this piece out?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:56 pm

Aria looked at Marcus and looked confused " I think he's got a paper route and it's double what he is supposed to do, hum, what if we pay you and you can say the shop messed up the orders so no route tonight" she said then motioned to the box "we'll give you this box with enough things and food to see you threw till we come for you" she motioned to Jack to place it on the ground in front of the boy and open it.

Jack then stepped back to let the boy take a look before closing it and placing some gallions on top of it. " there will that keep you in tonight?" he asked "or do I have to stay by your front door" he growled at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:08 am

"We got two routes, not one," Archer said. "Need the money to eat." When Jack set the box down and opened it, Archer nodded. "There's beer. Once my old man gets a few of these in his gullet and gets those cigarettes, he won't care about the papers tonight. It'll work. And there's food for supper. Good. Yeah, that'll keep us tonight. So this woman's really bad, is she?"

"Yes," Marcus said. "No more jobs with her or any of her thugs. it's just too dangerous."

"But I can make more money doing this than a job..."

"I know, but this'll get you killed. Look, I'll do my best to help you get a decent job if you stop this crap. What are you out?"

"Nobody helps the likes of us," Archer scowled.

"Well, maybe it's time that changed. Look, we'll be back tomorrow night, so you just think about it."

"Yeah, okay," Archer said. He picked up the box and headed to the house.

"Good work," Marcus told Aria and Jack. "So, if the surveillance is in place here and at Hugo's and at the coffee shop, we should be able to go home for now, right? I wonder if we need to tell Owens to keep an extra eye on Tom's place for any weird stuff Suzanne might be planning tonight." He looked at Aria. "I bet you already handled that, didn't you?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top