A Birth day - Page 98
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 98 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 98 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 98 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:21 pm

Aria heard Kate and nodded "Yeah they will be closed right now" she said and loke door at Ruby with Anise. Ruby smiled at Angus " I wouldn't want to disturb hr she looks so peaceful right now" she said "If you need anything let me know and I think Kate should now talk to her and give her some instruction on how to handle her images" she said looking up at kate hoping she would take on Anise and instruct her on how to block the images so they would not bother her again.

Aria heard Robert Lee and Angus talk about the couple but what peeked her intret was the weapons of choice "Hum might need to use Reparifors on this one and I'm so glad I brought my daggers." she said softly to Marcus "Unless you have an idea on handling these two." she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:50 pm

"Well, if he actually is contained, I say we leave him there," Marcus said. "And, since she likes poisons, let's not drink the tea. As for Angus? He's right. He's fast. His wand speed could probably outmatch just about anybody I know, but I'd prefer that we find out that Lincy isn't an obstacle for us. Wonder how Suzanne heard about them?"

"From Tom or one of Tom's thugs or connections," Angus said. "Tom only hangs out with shady people. And, so far as I know, Benjamin, Eileen and Reginald all had the same taste in friends. Suzanne might well have known them through any of them. Remember, Reginald worked for my father. And my father worked for Tom. Just one big happy, dysfunctional family."

"God, what a spiderweb that is," Marcus sighed.

"It certainly is," Angus agreed.

"How does your brain go around and around like that and come up with all those connections?" Iya frowned at Angus.

"Sitting here with nothing to do but think," Angus said.

"You need to see if his brain is in proper working order," Iya told Robert, and Robert laughed.

"Will do, but actually, he's spot on. It isn't his fault that his parents and Ruby's parents were nuts," Robert replied.

"Iya," Angus asked. "If I needed to, could you take me to her in my sleep? I mean, could I go there deliberately?"

"I presume so," she said. "I don't see why not, but why would you want to, Piti?"

"Because she's mucking around in my daughter's sleep. If she shows up again, I want to surprise the crap out of her and show up there too."

"Now, admirable as that is, it's also extremely dangerous," she said seriously.

"Angus," Kate said. "I have figured out how to make a link with Anise. It would be far easier for me to link with her in her sleep and go with her, like Iya goes with you. And it would be less dangerous for Anise and for you."

"We should try that first then, if we need to," Robert said.

"So, are we sure that when I go to sleep, she's actually at that camp we were at today?" Angus asked.

"I think she most likely is, yes, but I'm not certain."

"So tonight, I'll stay here with Anise. The kids need us here tonight. Tomorrow night is another story. I say tomorrow night we go try to take her by surprise," Angus said.

"We might consider that," Robert nodded.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22700
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:02 pm

Ruby looked at Angus and chuckled but then when he spoke of going, actually going back to the place she looked at him with shock, but when Kate spoke up she relaxed again knowing Anise was in safe hands. Listening to them she smiled as she heard Lya say she could help him when he went back. " well I think for tonight we need to rest and relax, tomorrow will be a hard night " she said taking a blanket and draping it of Anise and Angus. Leaning close to Angus she smiled as she spoke softly " I have to admit I did have plans for tonight but I guess they will have to wait until we're home" she said and kissed his cheek gently.  

Aria stood and listened to them talking " I take it Angus does this a lot?" she asked Marcus softly. " and you're the one who sticks with him?" she looked at him and chuckled "You got some balls and patiants with Angus " she said smiling aprovingly at him. " okay I have to phone the refuge in the morning and make sure my daggers are sharp." She looked at every one and spoke " well I for one am thinking we should have an early night and for those who want to stay awake I'll make a fresh pot of strong coffee." she said and moved to the kitchen.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:27 pm

Angus laughed softly when she said she had plans that would have to wait.

"We have kids," he teased her. "We aren't going to be able to have plans for the next twenty years." When Ruby put a blanket over them, he smiled. "Thanks, Ru. I wasn't planning on sleeping down here, but I can't bear to wake her up, not knowing what I know now. If she wakes, I'll come up."

"You mean, planning things on the fly?" Marcus asked Aria quietly. "Not intentionally. He's not ever really had a missions partner before. He's always been hired as a lone fighter. Even when he's had a team, he's been a third wheel tacked onto a pair of fighters--like Robert, Michael--and Angus. I rather functioned the same way pretty much until I joined Robert's organization. I understand how Angus thinks. Most of the time, it's made us think alike.

"Right now, he's scrambling, and I probably would be too if I were in his shoes," Marcus told her quietly. "For the first time in his life, he has a family of his own, and it means everything to him. He absolutely would die for them, no questions asked and no regrets. He's always had good sound reasoning, but now, he sometimes gets a wee bit impulsive about wanting to protect them. When I see him feeling like that, I go on alert, much like bodyguarding an impulsive client. Hang around a bit longer, and you'll find out he's a damned fierce fighter, but he's an even fiercer friend. Unfailingly loyal. I like him. So, you go make coffee, I'll go shower, and I'll see you in a little." He smiled at her, made his check of Angus's house, and then headed for his own place with Aria.

"Well, I think we're all going to have a long day tomorrow, so I think Kate and I will head back," Robert said. "Lee and I will give thought to your idea, Angus, and we'll get with everyone in the morning. How about we meet again here tomorrow by about eight, and we'll bring a catered breakfast with us? You don't have to do a thing, none of you, except show up."

"Sounds like a plan," Angus said.

"I think that's our cue too," Edward said.

"And we've decided that we'll go with Evan tonight and come back in the morning," Victor said. "Evan said there's plenty of room for both Ginger and me there with him. It'll be better than crowding people here. It's just to sleep, after all."

"You're welcome here, though. Just so you know," Angus said.

"We know," Ginger smiled. "It's fine. He's got extra bedrooms and unused beds. You don't. It's fine."

"Fair enough. Goodnight, All." They all disappeared one by one, until Angus and Ruby were alone with Iya and Beau.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:42 pm

Ruby smiled at Angus and then chuckled " I know dear, I know" she said " but I can hope" she said and kissed him "If you can great but don't worry one night without you is just one night" she said smiling as she watched the sleeping Anise " I think she's having good dreams now" she added and sat to face him.

Aria listened to Marcus and now understood Angus a bit more "Aha, okay" she said then listened more to him when he said to her to hang around longer she looked at him a little surprised but said nothing she smiled when he said Angus he was a fierce friend with Unfailingly loyalty she could not help smile and patted his shoulder again " Then they're really lucky to have someone with just as much loyalty and Devotion as him by their sides." she said then screwed up her nose " and yeah you need that shower, I'll stay and watch over them, don't worry.." she chuckled as she moved into the kitchen. Turning on the kettle she made a large pot of black coffee and one of tea she found on the counter.

Walking back out she placed the pots on the table along with several mugs and poured two mugs handing one to Ruby and then one to Angus. She smiled seeing Anise sleeping on Angus lap. " I don't think she'll wake till morning" she said softly so not to wake Anise before moving to give Iya and Beau a cup so they could enjoy the nightas she too poured a cup.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:57 pm

"I hope so," Angus told Ruby quietly. He wanted her to feel safe with him, and he did not want Marie mucking with her. "What I wouldn't give to be able to reach right through Anise's dreams and punch Marie's lights out. I really want to get one good lick in. Just one. Your mother might be a different story. I might need more than one good lick with her. I haven't decided."

Angus saw Marcus leave to head to his place, and Angus was glad he didn't have to be on duty all the time. Then Aria brought in mugs of coffee for them.

"Thank you, Aria," Angus said. "How'd you know I was just thinking about coffee? I don't think she's going to wake either. Neither will Sam. Sam is a very sound sleeper. He rather sleeps like a rock. He told me once that he had gotten to the point where he never slept well but then when he and Victor moved in with us, that all changed. They didn't have to take on the world by themselves anymore, and they've both slept like rocks ever since. The girls seem to do the same thing." He looked at Ruby. "If we do this tomorrow night, are you alright with it? It's liable to be the first big scale mission you've been on in over a year. I'm happy to have you going, but are you good with us doing this?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:09 am

Aria miled at Angus as he asked how she knew he needed the coffee "I guess like Marcus Im getting to know you." she said and smiled at Ruby " both of you" she listened to him talk about sam not waking till morning and she chuckled " might be becuse they feel safe around you both." she looked over at sam and chuckled " he snores too" she said making Ruby chuckle and look to Angus before moving and placing another blanket over Sam.

Ruby smiled to Angus as he spoke of her mother. " I'd help you do that, nobody messes with our kids" she said then heard him as if she was ready for the fight " as ready as any one can be and with you at my side Im ready to fight her and don't try and keep me here, its time she saw what a true mother can do, you do remember molly wheasly in the minstry and how she fought off all those death eaters and defeated belatrix lestrange, thats a mothers wrath. " she said taking his hand in her own. " but don't worry, Im not going to be reakless, after all, I have kids and a husband to think about now. " she said and smiled to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:29 am

"I told you," Angus said. "I just want you to be happy. If being a part of the fight is what makes you happy, then I wouldn't dream of stopping you. I know what a parent's wrath is like. Remind me to tell you what Robert is like when his rage gets the best of him when James goes after Khaat just a time or two too far. I've seen it. It isn't pretty. We have to put a stop to her, though. She can't keep mucking with our kids. It's one thing for them to be homesick. That's normal. I understand that. Its a completely different thing for some hussy to be torturing her in her sleep, making her think her dad isn't coming home again. I have to stop that nonsense." He kissed the top of Anise's head, and in her sleep, she snuggled tighter to him.

It wasn't more than two or three minutes later, he felt Anise stiffen next to him.

"Iya," Angus called softly. Iya was already on her feet. She came over to Anise and touched her lightly to be able to start a connection with Anise. Once she had it, she went back to her place and sat down and closed her eyes. Things went silent for several minutes, and Beau sat down close to Iya in case he was needed.

Iya finally opened her eyes, and Anise relaxed.

"She's very brave, that one," Iya told Angus and Ruby. "Marie tried to convince her that you are going to die whenever the fight comes. And then she tried to convince her that Marie Laveau lives forever and that the only bones that are in Marie's tomb are the bones of her enemies. She took her to Marie Laveau's tomb, but I managed to show her it was really Marie and not you. When your little one saw the truth, she banished this woman herself from her dreams. Marie will not be able to return to this child tonight. She is safe for now, and now she is learning that her enemy lies. Sher has done very, very well for herself. You can be proud of her."

"I am," Angus said. "Always."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:36 am

Ruby, seeing Anise stiffen on Angus, stood beside him " I want to fight" she said and looked down at him as he called to Lya. She looked over to her and watched the two of them as everything went quiet around them for a moment then Lya spoke again making Ruby breathe out in relief" I agree, she's strong" she said lightly kissing the top of Anise's head. Hearing Lya say she would be fine for the rest of the night she also heard her talk of what Anise had dreamed about. " if I see her her bones will join Maries in her crypt." Ruby said and looked down at Angus and Anise.

Aria pored a fresh cup of coffee and smiled as she sat and read her book she's accioed so she could keep watch threw the night. " does Marcus always talk extra long showers?" she said glancing at the doorway." then again he was extra stinky." she added.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:56 am

"I guarantee you he isn't in there by himself," Angus said softly. Iya started to laugh. Angus looked over at her.

"My grandson did not get her from divine intervention, Piti," she said. "Those two are not so hard to figure out. I'm just surprised they have any energy to work the next morning." That made Angus laugh out loud.

"Grann," Beau rolled his eyes, embarrassed.

"Oh, grow up, Beau," she told him. "You'd feel better if you mixed a little pleasure with business once in awhile yourself. Besides, I have every intention of living to harass my great grandchildren, so you'd better get a move on and start giving me some." Beau just groaned. "I'll just have to find you a nice Creole girl."

"Gran, please," Beau moaned. "Enough already." Angus laughed. He leaned back and closed his eyes. It had been a long day, and tomorrow would be even longer. It wasn't long before he was slipping off.

Tonight, Marie was waiting for both of them, expecting Iya. And it wasn't more than a moment before a tall, dark man came out of the shack. He had makeup on to make him look like he had a white skeleton face. he wore dark clothes and a black top hat.

"Be careful, Piti," Iya warned him. "Whatever you see or hear, stay focused on her. Do not let yourself get distracted."

"Who is he?" Angus asked.

"Lincy," she replied.

"He's in Azkaban."

"His body is. His spirit is here. He's mine. You stay focused on her." Things got chaotic, and it wasn't more than a couple moments before a real fight began. He was brawling with her followers again, but now he couldn't see or feel Iya at all anymore.

And from beside him, Anise suddenly woke sharply. She shook Angus hard.

"Wake up," she told him. "Wake up." She tapped his face, and he woke and looked at her. "You can't let her have you like that." He looked over to see Iya was waking too.

"She was ready for us," Angus told Iya.

"Yes. She was. But she did not win. Neither did Lincy," she laughed. "He's lost some of his touch since being in prison."

"You won?" he asked.

"Certainly," she laughed. "All is well. And I think you're both safe for the night. Go back to sleep. I think we're finished for one night. I manage to lay some protections down when I finished with Lincy. She isn't going to be able to break through, I dont' think. She'll try, but I don't think she knows the magic I used, so I think we'll be safe."

"Thank you," Anise told her.

"You're welcome," Iya smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 98 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top