A Birth day - Page 51
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 51 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 51 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 75 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 51 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:21 pm

Aria nodded and listened more to Marcus " thats a good idea, Jeffery Burnstein of the Burnstein facility for psychiatric health and well being?" she asked looking to them for conformation " I've heard of him,he's top in his feild" she said " that would be the best place for her rather than Askaban, its not like shes a criminal like the others that live there." she saw the howler and paused looking at it as he screamed at Angus and she looked some what bemused at it " um some one I should know about?" she asked as it burst into peices.

Ruby saw the howler and sighed shaking her head as she stood up and fetched a broom and dustpan. Once it was done she brushed up the bits and dumped them into the bin. " we'll looks like suzzane has her knickers in a bunch over something ...again" she said to Angus, " wonder what it is this time?"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:34 pm

"I'm sure I'll hear from Jeffrey eventually, so when I do, I'll let you know," Marcus said. When the howler came through the floo, Marcus couldn't help laughing.

"Well, whether you know of her or not depends on how well you know Ruby," Angus told Barnett Her husband, though, is another matter. After Reginald died, Suzanne remarried, but he's not the most reputable fellow. I've had countless run ins with him over the years. There are certain crime family names that cause either fear or disgust just at the mention of their names, and this is one of them. Have you heard of the Gelding family? Eric Gelding was the head of that family until he died about ten years ago, and now his son Tom runs the operations. Ruby's mother married him. Suzanne was involved in some deep criminal activities, so I rescued Ruby's younger brothers from Suzanne, and Ruby and I adopted them. They just graduated Hogwarts last month, and Ruby's other brother lives here on the grounds and works here. Anyway, Suzanne hates me with a passion and believes I robbed all her kids from her. It was all done fair and square in the courts, I assure you, so what Suzanne's on about is that she continues to try to find some means of ruining me and my family, so, honestly, I went to the Gelding estate and carried their new baby--Ruby's sister--out into Gelding's front yard to get Tom's attention. That brought Tom out of the house, and he and I talked for about 60 seconds and I handed the baby straight back to him. She never left the property. And what this dimwit Suzanne is saying in her howler is that she was stupid enough to try to go to the French muggle police to file kidnapping charges on me. She's lucky the French ministry of magic isn't going to obliviate her for damned near letting out the fact that our world exists to the French muggles. Her IQ score truly is registered in negative numbers, I think."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22700
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:45 pm

Aria listened to Angus explain and hen chuckled " oh her" she said nd looke to Ruby " that was your mother?" she asked and Ruby nodded.

"unfortunatly yes" she said Aria chuckled and looked to Angus " I agree with your assesment of her, Im guesing my bosses wil.." she didn't even finish as a letter flew threw the floo right to her . Taking it she opened it and read " ah just as I thought , I've been tasked with making sure the muggles athorities don't investigate this." she said closing the letter and handing it to Angus so he could read it . Standing Aria looked at Marcus and Angus as she spoke again " I'll fix this then report to my bosses but I will send a report back here for you to read, she certaily needs an iq boost ...no scratch that best not to she might cause more trouble." she said and chuckled " all right I thak you for the hospitality but.." she transhphgured her uniform to the uniform of the Gendarmerie nationale and looked at them both. " au revoir et bonne nuit." she said and chuckled " oh and thanks for the tea Ruby, I'll see you again soon" she said as she ported out of the duplex.

Ruby chuckled and sat down " thats Aria for you allways on the go doing something or other." she said " I'm guesing mother got no where with the french police since she still had dimond?" she said looking to Angus and Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:57 pm

"It happened in Paris, so it truly wouldn't fall under your jurisdiction anyway, I shouldn't think," Angus said. "If you need some assistance, some of us here are on a first name basis with Daniella, the French minister of magic. She might be able to help put some additional blocks in place to stop any leaks to the muggles on French soil." Barnett did not need to know that Daniella had been Michael's lover since Alette had died, but Michael was on the only one that was on a first name basis with her. "If we can help, just say the word. Its' the least we can do for all your help with Robert and his little incident with Evelyn today."

"Your mother only named her that because it was a cheap shot at you," Angus said. "But you know that already. And rubies are actually rarer than diamonds, and it is the ruby that is the stone of kings, not the diamond. As usual, your mother has cheap taste in just about everything."

He got up, knowing that it was close to noon, and he needed to put together some sort of quick lunch.

"How about some hot toasted cheese sandwiches and a quick salad for lunch?" he asked, thinking that they could do a light lunch since they'd had a substantial breakfast. "I could do the sandwiches, if you want to do the salads, Ru?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:04 pm

Ruby chuckled and looked at Angus " I knew that it's why I now don't let her bother me any more and that sounds perfect" she said and stood up moving with Angus to the kitchen. she gathered the items to make a French Country Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette to add to the hot toasted cheese sandwiches Angus was making for lunch. She took out a bowl and began to make the salad.

Jessie opened the door and let Chris walk in and sit down on a stool " I think hes getting more worried the closer the ..you know what gets" Jessie said " hes not himself today." he looked at Angus " I don't know how to ask whats wrong.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:28 pm

"I'll have a talk with him, shall I?" Angus asked. "I'm sure he is frightened. He's still awfully small to understand this thing he has to be aware of for the rest of his life. You know how hard it is even for a grownup. I'm sure it's completely overwhelming for him." He looked at Cris and saw Cris standing, looking rather lost, and Angus held out his arms to him, inviting him to come. Cris ran over to Angus and threw his arms around Angus in a big hug, hiding his face in Angus's bare chest. He looked up and pointed at the new bandage on his shoulder.

"Ce s-a întâmplat?" Cris asked.

"M-am certat cu o femeie urâtă pentru a salva viața unui bărbat," Angus said.

"Ai castigat?"

"Da," Angus laughed, nodding.

"Atunci a fost pentru o cauză bună," Cris replied, and Angus nodded.

"Vrei un sandviș cu brânză prăjită?"

"Da!" Cris nodded, now smiling. The first sandwich that Angus took off the griddle, he cut in half and put on a plate and put it on the table for Cris. Cris looked at it with a big smile, and he sat down and thanked Angus and dove into it like he was starved.

"I don't think I spoiled whatever Yulong is fixing you all for lunch," Angus laughed. "He's seven. He's hollow from his toes on up. He made a stack of sandwiches. "Feel free to grab one if you want it, Jessie. There are plenty, and Ruby's salads are always good." He poured a glass of lemonade for Cris and sat down at the table with him.

"Cris," Angus asked. "Esti nervos in legatura cu luna?" Cris looked at him, not understanding how he knew. Angus just waited and then Cris finally nodded. "Eu și Jessie am vorbit despre a face un foc de tabără și de a prăji bezele în acea noapte și ai putea afla câteva lucruri despre stele în timp ce suntem afară." Cris looked at him as if Angus had lost his mind.

"Nu voi avea timp de marshmallows! Voi fi un monstru!" Cris burst out at Angus.

"Dar ce se întâmplă dacă nu te transformi într-un monstru? Cred că medicamentul tău va opri asta. Nu cred că te vei transforma, așa că cred că vei avea destul timp pentru bezele."

"Ești nebun, știi asta?" Cris asked. Angus nodded, laughing.

"Hai să facem un pariu. Pun pariu că nu te vei schimba. Dacă câștig, poți să mă ajuți să gătesc cina într-o seară, iar dacă câștigi, o să fac ce vrei pentru cină. Afacere?" Angus asked.

"Pot să mănânc mult," Cris shrugged.

"Pot să gătesc mult," Angus said. Cris laughed. "I think he's better for the moment. We made a bet. I told him I thought we should roast marshmallows that night because he wouldn't know what a s'more is. But he got angry saying he wasnt going to have time for marshmallows because he'll be a monster. I told him we needed to make a wager. If I won, he would help me cook supper. And if he wins, I'll make his favorite supper. He warned me he can eat a lot. So I think he's better for the moment."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:43 pm

Ruby smiled as she placed a plate with some salad and a sandwich on it in front of Chris and Jessie with a smile "Enjoy" she said to them both. Jessie watched as Chris spoke to Angus and was relieved when he told him they had made a bet . " that sounds like a tasty bet" he said "Um Angus do you have that langage pack to help with Romanian" he asked " I'd like to learn more so I can talk with Chris more and he can talk to me" he asked " oh and did I hear a howler earlier?" he asked, " please do not tell me it was from our mother." Ruby loked at him and chuckled.

"then we won't tell you," she said and he groaned and sat back in his chair as he looked at them both .

"So what did she want this time and I was truly hoping she would leave every one alone, by the way Angus the sandwich was delishious, so was the salad" he said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:54 pm

"Sure," Angus said. He accio'd it off the bookcase and laid it on the table. It was still in the box. "This should do the trick. It's the same company that the ministry uses to teach their field agents enough of a working vocabulary to go to different countries. Michael has a whole library of them in his den in his cottage in Hogsmeade. I don't know if he knows them all. I've never asked. I just know he has them."

"Yes, your mother sent me a howler, but she might have sort of had a good reason. She tried to buy the building the Simone's daughter has he dance school in, in Paris, and I went to have a talk with Tom. So to get his attention, I might have just happened to have 'borrowed' your new sister and took her outside into their yard. That got Tom's attention. He came outside, where I told him what a prat his wife is, and he rescinded the same agreement. So I gave him his baby back and we left. Robert bought the building, and they're going to repay him for it. Problem solved, but not before your mother accused me of kidnapping. Poor thing can't help herself. She's only got one brain cell, you know, and she's never learned how to use it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:01 am

Jessie sat and listened to Angus and looked at the box in front of him " oh thank you this should help alot" he said and the listened as he spoke of Suzzanne and her hairbrained schemes "Shesh yeah we know " he said then could not help laugh at her trying to get him arrested for kidnapping " how would that work since you never took her off the grounds" he said and chuckled then shook his head " oh well , her one brain cell much have been on holiday" he said making Ruby chuckle too .

"I'd said its on one perminat holiday" she added as she sat down to eat her own food with Marcus giving him a plate of food to eat. " Im sure eventually she'll get the message ...nope can't see it " she said and looked to Angus " the day she stops will be the day I put out the flags and change my name." she said as she then tucked into her sandwich.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:12 am

Angus laughed. He was glad that Jessie and Ruby could see some humor in it.

"Oh, I don't know if you know, but I'm sure Michael will be in charge for a few days. There was an unfortunate incident at St. Mungo's this morning. Evelyn tried to escape, and when that didn't work well for her, she took Robert hostage. We got him away from her but she hurt him. The last I knew, he had a stab wound to his midsection, and he had a fractured skull, probably from being hit in the head with a pipe wrench. I had Jess send for Nigel, and the last we heard, Nigel had arrived to take over Robert's care. Michael and Khaat and Brian are all there with Kate, waiting for Nigel to finish doing whatever it is Nigel does. And the authorities have temporarily taken Evelyn into custody. I'm sure Kate will want to be with Robert as much as she can be, so in the meantime, I'm sure that leaves Michael in charge, but he's always done a decent job of it before, so I have no reason to think it won't work again."

"If I know Kate and Robert at all, they will prefer being home as soon as Robert's conscious, so I'm sure they'l have to get used to Nigel being here at least a few days," Marcus said.

"Unchiule, putem face prăjituri?" Cris asked Angus.

"Ce fel?" Angus asked. Cris shrugged.

"Ciocolata!" Cris said. Angus nodded.

"Ruby face prăjituri grozave," Angus said, pointing her out. Cris looked at her.

"Putem face biscuiti cu ciocolata?" he asked her.

"Cris wants to know if you'll make some chocolate cookies with him," Angus said to Ruby.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 75 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top