Potions Practice
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Potions Practice  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Potions Practice

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potions Practice  Empty Potions Practice

Post by Maddie Kane Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:11 pm

Maddison had found herself devoting a substantial amount of her leisure time to the potions workroom, except for the moments when she was in the company of Mason. Initially, she had been striving to catch up on her classwork, for it was undoubtedly her weakest subject. However, her current focus was centered on the wolfsbane potion, a topic that she had deliberately kept concealed from Mason. The last time she had withheld something of such magnitude from him, it had resulted in a considerable upheaval, and therefore, she intended to keep her research discreet until she had comprehensively grasped the subject matter.

Today's project revolved around crafting a skele-grow potion, an immensely valuable concoction that had served her well a few weeks ago when she had inadvertently tripped and broken her wrist.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Potions Practice  Empty Re: Potions Practice

Post by Jakob Sallow Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:48 pm

Jakob was exploring the castles after Quidditch practice one day, because he was too bored too go back to his common room, and hear everyone talk about the gossip. Jakob hated gossip unless he was the one talking the gossip, and how can someone enjoy talking crap about someone, and being a complete coward in that person's pressence.

He walked into the Potions classroom, and spotted a student. "You know this room is taken? And my ADHD prevents me from actually being able to focus on things." he lied. He didn't have ADHD, but he wanted to study alone. "Unless you'd love for someone to come and accompany you." he smirked.

@Maddie Kane
Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:15 pm

As Maddison was engrossed in her work, a voice interrupted her. It was Jakob Swallow, a sixth-year Slytherin whom she recognized immediately. Maddison was known for her impeccable memory, so it came as no surprise that she remembered his name. She shook her head and rolled her eyes at the boy, expecting him to say something obnoxious.

"I don't mind Swallow," Maddison responded coolly, still keeping her eyes glued to the book in front of her. "As long as you're not scared of the explosions I can create." She finally looked up at Jakob, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Focus is hard for me too." She gestured to the chaotic pile of books, supplies and parchment scattered around her, a testament to her lack of concentration.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Sallow Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:55 am

Jakob didn't feel like suffering a painful death by explosion tonight. He had began to get his Potions ingredients with hopes that Maddie would leave him be, because he didn't care too be bothered right now. He glanced over as he heard go on and on. "I suppose your explosions are going to be earning you a one way ticket to Azakban." he said with his arms crossed, since if he were hit with an explosion his parents wouldn't tolerate it.

"Focusing is one of the hardest things, especially when school is really boring." he said with a shrug. Jakob didn't like school all that much, but he knew his parents expected him to do well. Although he felt strongly that his Quidditch would be something that got him very far in his life. "I have Quidditch to save me though."

@Maddie Kane
Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:04 am

Maddie let out a scoff, dismissing the severity of the interactions. "They're not that bad. Just a few interesting incidents," she remarked casually, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. She suggested that Mason or Elle might have more information on the subject, hinting at a mischievous side to their personalities. "We've had green hair for weeks, but no one's gotten hurt... yet," she added with a mischievous glint in her eye, perhaps hinting at more antics to come. Maddie then shifted her attention to the boy, flashing him a smile. "Personally, I find the classroom to be a good distraction," she admitted, biting her lip as she thought about the challenges of staying focused when your mind is preoccupied with thoughts of your boyfriend or chatting with friends. Maddie's tone and body language suggest that she has a playful, carefree personality and enjoys pushing boundaries, while also acknowledging the need for academic focus.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Sallow Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:39 pm

Jakob had one really bad Potion reaction in his first year that he tried to forget. He had to spend a week in St.Mungos just to get rid of the boils that were on his body. “I had gotten in a pretty serious Potion incident when I was a first year, and I don’t ever want to do deal with it again.” he said with a dark glare. “What potion gave you green hair if you don’t mind me asking?” he said with a shrug. He had finally brought his things to a table and began dividing them all up and looked up. “How so? It’s boring during the day, what makes it so fascinating now?” he raised an eyebrow.
Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:09 pm

Which spell was it? It had been so long ago, she couldn’t remember. “I don’t even remember, but obviously I did something wrong. Might have been a color change thing.” She shrugged looking through her ingredients on the desk for the scarab beetles for the next part of her potion. “Well during the day, we are not choosing what we want to do, also I spend most of it not paying attention, which is how I make so many mistakes. Right now, it just me and what I want to do, and you of course.”
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Sallow Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:51 pm

Jakob loved casting spells especially when it was Defensive Magic spells. He didn't care much for charms, but yet knew a decent amount of charms that helped him throughout a day. "Colovaria would be the proper term." he said as he got his wand out, and pointed it at one of the stools. "Colorvaria." he said, and the stool turned bright red. "Did you ever try changing the color of the various rooms in a building?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

He had let out a bit of a smirk. "I am pretty sure my presence is making this experience worthwhile." he said with a huge smile.

Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:14 pm

Jakob's attempt at showing off didn't impress Maddison, who shook her head disapprovingly at the boy. "As a prefect, you should be setting an example, not trying to impress people with risky behavior," she chided him, her tone firm but not unkind. Despite her words, there was a mischievous glint in her eyes, hinting that she herself had been getting into some trouble lately since she started dating Mason.

"The only thing that could have made it better is if Mason was here," she added, a small smirk forming on her lips. "But I suppose that would have made it more likely for mistakes to happen," she shrugged, as if the idea of getting caught made the whole thing even more exciting. Maddison couldn't deny that she enjoyed pushing boundaries and breaking rules from time to time, but she always made sure to do so without putting herself or others in real danger.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Sallow Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:18 pm

Jakob heard around school that Mason was dating Maddie. He rolled his eyes, "I am not a prefect. I'm the Chaser for Slytherin." he said with a dark glare. "Schoolwork is too boring for me to become a prefect." he said with a dark chuckle. He hated school so much and would rather spend his life playing Quidditch. "Are you prefect?" he asked.

He raised an eyebrow. "Why would you want to have your boyfriend here?"
Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top