A Birth day - Page 50
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 50 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 50 of 100 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 75 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 50 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 01, 2023 9:39 pm

Evan excused himself and went over to Edward's side and showered, feeling the fatigue of a long day starting to mount on him. There was something relaxing about this place, despite the circumstances about how he and his family had ended up here. He hoped it would offer him the opportunity to get to know Edward and Simone and the rest of his family and the lives they had here in England a little better.

With both Simone and Tara looking for the dozen or so herbs, it didn't take them long, even if they were looking for them in the dark. They brought them back, and Nigel thanked them and then headed upstairs to make the anti inflammatory potion. Robert excused himself and went home to get a bit of sleep. Marcus did a security walk through of both sides of the duplex and locked up and returned.

"Ruby, why don't you get some sleep while you can?" Marcus asked her. "I'll Nigel and I will be with him all night. I think he's knackered and glad to be home. so he's feeling a lot more comfortable here. I'm betting he's just going to sleep. You should get a little sleep too. I'm sure you're tired after all the running we've all done the last few days."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22708
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 01, 2023 9:43 pm

Ruby sat close to Angus as Marcus walked over to her and spoke, she could not help but sigh as she felt her fatigue hit her " Your right, it's been a long few days " she said and stood up. Moving to Angus she kissed his cheek and smiled "See you in the morning love" she whispered gently to him before heading up the stairs to shower and change into her pj's, she first checked on Caprice who was still sound asleep then knocked on the girls door to check on them too.

Entering her room she lit the fire to warm and lay down now falling asleep as she did.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4238

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 01, 2023 10:11 pm

Nigel and Marcus had a relatively quiet night. Nigel brewed the anti inflammatory potion and put some on a clean dressing for Angus and put it over the incision and increased the strength of the cold spell on the magic wrap. Angus woke once briefly, and Nigel got him a cup of tea with more pain potion in it, and within a few minutes, Angus went back to sleep.

Marcus checked on the baby once in the middle of the night, and then, close to 4:30, he was doing a brief walk through and found the baby awake and starting to fuss. He got her up, changed her, and took her downstairs and fed her a warm cereal bottle that he added just a little bit of applesauce to, and then he put her on a mat on the floor on her stomach for some tummy time.

Nigel made fresh tea and fresh coffee, and just as he had put those on, Zoe delivered a breakfast basket with scrambled eggs, scottish oats with peaches and cinnamon and sugar, some strawberry scones, some grilled ham slices, and a fresh fruit salad. To Nigel, it all sounded like a feast. He set the basket on the table and went back to Angus. Marcus got the breakfast out and set it out on the counter buffet style with plates and bowls and silverware and cast some warming spells to keep it all hot.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 01, 2023 10:14 pm

Ruby woke with a start after a nightmare and she slowed her breathing and fell back on the bed, geting up she showered and dressed smelling food wafting from below , glancing at Caprices nursary she saw she was not their and headed down the stairs to see her on her tummy " so there you are" she said to her and kissed her gently " thank you Marcus" she said to him before heading to grab breakfast.

Sitting down she looked at Angus " how was his night?" she asked as she ate her food knowing it had to have been Zoe who had sent it over for them seeing they had a lot of pepole living there now.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 01, 2023 10:31 pm

"He slept almost straight through," Nigel said. "He woke up for a few minutes, and I made sure he had some more pain potion in some tea, and he went straight back to sleep. I'm glad he could rest. That was the best thing for him."

Evan came over, dressed in sweats. He looked sweaty and was out of breath.

"I thought I heard voices. Angus has told me about the morning runs here, and that the track is a good track to run. So I wanted to try it for myself. It's not just a good track. Its a great track. I could get to like running that every morning. You should try it, Nigel."

"No," Nigel said abruptly. "I'm old. I'm not running." That made Evan laugh, and as he laughed, there was a shrill, tiny screeching sound.

"Ruby..." Evan pointed to the baby, who had a baby pygmy in each hand. She was squeezing the daylights out of one, and it was shrieking because it hurt. The other puff she had shoved into her mouth.

"Oh, of course, she'd find those the minute she hit the floor," Nigel rolled his eyes. "Little buggar."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 01, 2023 10:38 pm

Ruby smiled as Marcus said he'd slept well and only woke once. It was now she turned when Marcus pointed to Caprice , quickly Ruby moved to Caprice and took the pygmy puff from her mouth and her hands gently placing it into a carrier she accioed to hold them safe. " okay we all need to keep our eyes out for the pygmy puffs" she chuckled hoping the girls would help since they brought them into the house.

Ruby once the puffs were safe she picked up Caprice and held her close to her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 01, 2023 11:05 pm

"I'm sure the girls will get them all when they wake up," Evan said. "They brought them in, so they need to get them all rounded up and returned to the barn. "I'll go shower, and I'll be straight back." He went to freshen up for the day.

Marcus tucked into some breakfast, and Nigel joined him.

"Come get some breakfast while it's hot, Ruby," Marcus called her.

"Angus will like these oats," Marcus said. "He mentioned to me once that he likes oatmeal but he doesn't fix it that often because people tend to want bacon and eggs. He will definitely like this."

"It is very good. I think he need to fix what he likes. They'll come around. Besides, its a good deal healthier than bacon and eggs," Nigel said. "Looks like she's made whole grain scones too with strawberries and a little dusting of crystalized sugar. So they're going to get healthy foods whether they like it or not."

"It's hard to say who will have pushed that menu," Marcus said. "Robert wants people to eat healthy, but it quite often is Kate that actually insists on the healthier foods on the menu."

"I seem to remember that about her," Nigel said. "I heard her have a go at Robert the last time I was here because she found out he had tucked the healthy lunch she had made him in the break room fridge in favor of getting fish and chips from the Leaky." Marcus laughed.

"Well, Robert has a true weakness for beer battered fish and chips," Marcus laughed. "And it drives Kate crazy. She wants him to have healthy foods, and deep fried fish and chips are not on her list for him."

There was a knock on the door as Marcus was speaking.

"Speak of the devil," Nigel said. "There he is now." Marcus flicked his fingers at the door to unlock it and open it, and Robert came in. "'Morning, Robert," Nigel said.

"Morning. How's it been?" Robert asked.

"I've changed the dressing twice," Nigel said.

"Not holding, is it?"

"Not like I'd like," Nigel said, "but he's been comfortable enough, so I let him sleep."

"I'll check it," Robert said. He went over and took the dressing off, frowning. He laid his hand very lightly on it to numb the spot and then he took a kit out of his bag. Nigel got up from his breakfast and went over to offer him a hand. They worked quietly for a few minutes, and then Robert closed it again.

"I think I got it that time," Robert told him.

"Well done," Nigel said. "I think you had it before. I think it just didn't hold because it was in one of those damaged bits. I think that'll hold a lot better now, but we need to go back to icing it for him."

"Let's wake him and get him some food," Robert said.

"I'll handle that," Marcus said.

"I don't care what he eats or how much. Just so he eats something," Robert said. Marcus got him a bowl of the oats and one of the scones, and a cup of coffee and set it up on the overbed table, willing to let him try it himself but feeling he was going to need help with it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 01, 2023 11:11 pm

Ruby set Caprice down in on her mat again and moved to get some breakfast. Now with breakfast in hand of oatmeal and a scone she picked up a cup of tea and headed to sit down to eat " yeah he will love this" she said as she started to eat. Then she heard the door as Marcus opened it and Robert walked in, she watched as he went over to Angus and checked his wound then woked on repairing it more.

" I'll get him some food " she said and stood up moving back to the counter and making a tray for Angus. Placing down her own food she made teh tray and walking it over to the bedside tray. " hows his shoulder looking now?" she asked seeing the fresh dressing.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 01, 2023 11:26 pm

"Much better," Nigel said, watching Robert put a fresh dressing and the magic wrap on the wound. "The potion we made took a lot of the inflammation out of the incision area, so that will help so that the sutures don't hurt nearly as badly. And, Robert's managed to open the incision just now and tie off a vessel that was continuing to bleed for him. It was one we took care of yesterday, but it's in an area of tissue that took a lot of the blasting spell so our repair just didn't hold. I think this repair looks like it may hold better. We'll keep an eye on it to be sure, though."

"It's going to be important now for us to get him on a very precise nutrition plan because of how much healing he has in front of him. He lost a lot of blood yesterday," Robert said, "And he has a lot of tissue, cartilage, and bone to heal, and that can't be done without some exceptional nutrition. I can either put Zoe and Nicky onto it, or I can give you a basic plan for him if you want to do the cooking. It wont' be hat different from Ginger's plan, but just not as high calorie. He needs to be high nutrition but not so many calories."

Tara came over, up and dressed for the day in a pair of jeans and a simple top.

"Good morning, All," Tara said. "Simone will be over shortly. She was having a floo conversation with Edward when I was dressing. My goodness. That breakfast looks like a feast."

"Help yourself," Marcus told her.

"I will. I think I'll have a little coffee first and then get to the breakfast," Tara said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 01, 2023 11:31 pm

Ruby listened to Robert and relaxed hearing how it had gone " I could have killed that woman for what she did " she said " but I left it to Jessie and Marcus to deal with." she added hearing Robert talk about nutishion she nodded " what about that bone soup Yu brought the first time , isn't it good for healing?" she asked " I could ask him to make some." she turned to the stairs to see Ginger and Anise walking down with Faith and Evie " morning " she said and smiled to Tara " oh thats a normal thing" she said and chuckled "Just help your self girls ." she said to them and looked back to Robert " thank you, sor looking after him" she smiled to him as she moved back to the seat she had been on previouly.

Yu did his rounds and saw nothing out of place as he walked around the grounds , now he stopped at the duplex and knocked before steping into the house " good morning, alls calm and in place" he reported to Robert.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 100 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 75 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top