Margo's way
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Margo's way Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Margo's way

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Margo's way Empty Margo's way

Post by Cecilia Attwood Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:43 am

Cecilia rummaged through her trunk, feeling frustrated and unsure of herself. She had decided to take Margo's advice and try something new. She knew that her current wardrobe was far from impressive, but she hoped that her newly acquired spell-casting skills could help her out. With a flick of her wand, she began to transform her old, ill-fitting clothes into something more presentable. Soon enough, her worn-out sweater had become a cozy and flattering blue garment, and her favorite pants had been expertly mended.

As she stood in front of the mirror, Cecilia studied her reflection. The new outfit was a definite improvement, but there was still something missing. She couldn't quite put her finger on it.

With a deep breath, Cecilia left her comfort zone and ventured outside without her usual stack of books. As she strolled around the grounds, she watched the other students working and socializing, hoping to find a way to strike up a conversation. Her heart was racing as she scanned the different groups of people, searching for a way to make a connection. She knew that she had to take a chance and talk to someone, but the thought of rejection made her hesitant.

Finally, Cecilia spotted a small group of students sitting under a tree, chatting and laughing. Summoning all her courage, she approached them, hoping to join in on the conversation.

"Hey," She said a shy smile on her face as she greeted the group.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 662

Back to top Go down

Margo's way Empty Re: Margo's way

Post by Oliver Olawale Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 am

Olly enjoyed his Quidditch mates, but he had a special bond with the muggleborns he played football with on the school grounds. The day had been beautiful and Orla had sent round a message via the WizGiz, gathering their little group for a quick scrimmage.

Once exhausted, they'd all retreated to their favored tree to cool down in the shade. Tally laid with her head in Orla's lap, as the latter absentmindedly brushed through the former's head, the gentle action ironically juxtaposed by the aggressive argument Orla was waging against Denny about their favorite teams.

"Oy!" Tally finally said. "Either battle it out once and for all or give it a rest." She reached up and tweaked Orla's nose. "Else I may start to get jealous."

Their little group started to laugh. Olly leaned back and caught sight of a Ravenclaw girl approaching.

"Hi," he said in response smiling widely. "Want to join us?" Orla shot him a look but Tally, a fellow Ravenclaw sat up. "Hey Cec! Yes, sit with us."
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 210
Special Abilities : Leglimancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Wed May 24, 2023 12:37 pm

They exuded such genuine joy in each other's company that it left Cecilia with a faint pang of guilt, as though she had unknowingly trespassed upon a cherished moment. Tentatively, she mustered the courage to speak, her voice laced with shyness, "Um, hi. I'm sorry for interrupting. I was merely attempting to step out of my comfort zone, but if my presence is unwelcome, I can leave." Cecilia felt a sense of relief wash over her as Tally encouraged her to sit with them. The welcoming gestures made her feel accepted, erasing any doubts that had clouded her mind. With a shy smile, she took a step forward, embracing the opportunity to be part of their gathering.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Wed May 24, 2023 9:12 pm

“Yes, ignore Orla,” Olly encouraged. “She’s cranky because she didn’t manage a single point today.”

“Cheating,” she spit back. “That’s the reason.”

Tally laughed and turned to the group. “This is Cecilia. She’s in Ravenclaw with me.”

Olly leaned forward and extended a hand towards the mousy girl, who seemed quite anxious despite her bravery in coming forward. “Good to meet you Cecilia. The grumpy one is Orla. That’s Kendall and Cherise, and Sam and Jamie. We play football every now and then, helps us think of home.” He smiled, placing a hand over his heart. “And I’m Olly.”
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Wed May 24, 2023 9:28 pm

Cecilia's heart brimmed with gratitude for her thoughtful housemate who had graciously introduced her to the rest of the group. As Oliver extended his hand for a handshake, a tinge of regret filled her for not having introduced herself earlier. "I apologize for my oversight. It's a pleasure to meet you as well," she replied, offering a gentle smile while cautiously accepting his handshake. Trying her best to maintain politeness, she mustered, "That sounds like an enjoyable activity," though deep down, she confessed to having neither played nor watched a game of football before.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Fri May 26, 2023 1:52 am

“No apologies,” Olly said easily, without question.

She seemed anxious. Orla wasn’t helping, with her looks of uncertainty. But Tally was calming her down, playing with her hair and pinching her chin, making faces to get the feisty girl to relax.

“Do you play then?” Olly asked. “We all met sort of on accident, but we’ve become good friends because of it.”
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Fri May 26, 2023 3:11 pm

Cecilia gently shook her head, a subtle gesture that revealed her deep-rooted attachment to the library. "I seldom leave the library during my free time," she responded, her words understating the extent of her seclusion. The library had become her sanctuary, a realm where she sought solace, knowledge, and the companionship of countless pages. The world outside had only witnessed her presence for essential matters such as attending classes, catching fleeting moments of sleep, or nourishing her body with sustenance.

"I have, however, overheard conversations from others," she hesitated, her mind grappling with the accurate description of the institution that had once been her residence, "back home," she finally uttered, though the word itself failed to capture the true essence of what she felt. The orphanage, while providing shelter and a semblance of stability, had never truly embodied the warmth, love, and belonging that typically define a genuine home. It remained a dwelling where she merely existed, devoid of the emotional ties that make a place truly feel like home.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:46 am

One of Olly's best features was how easily he was charmed. It meant that his distaste for a person often held even more weight, as he was skilled in finding even the smallest nuggets of good. Despite this, it did not undermine his appreciation of anyone. He was just particularly quick at determining what about a person he liked, and being open to finding even more.

The Ravenclaw girl was clearly shy, almost painfully so. His little brother Tobi had gone through a shy phase, and Olly had been one of the only ones in his family not to challenge this, no intention of forcing him into a more exuberant demeanor. He had grown out of it, but Olly had gained experience in the quiet art of being an easy companion to someone who had little to say.

Recognizing this shyness in Cecilia then meant he was all the more impressed (and intrigued) at her effort to push herself out of her comfort zone.

What he had picked up on was direct questions were not always of comfort. So he swallowed the urge to ask where home was for her and said, "You couldn't escape conversations of football where I'm from." His friends were beginning to pick up the threads of their former conversations so he scooted nearer her so he didn't have to talk over them. "I thought it was just London muggles, and then I visited Nigeria and found out my family there were all mad about it. I feel like the only people who aren't are Americans," he finished, smiling with a good-natured you-know-how-it-is roll of his eyes. "You like the library though. Any good books I should be reading?"
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:13 am

Cecilia mentally prepared herself for the inevitable jest about her being a Ravenclaw who enjoyed spending time in the library, but to her surprise, Ollie approached her with a different intention. Drawing nearer, he continued their conversation without resorting to the expected remark. A glimmer of relief flickered across Cecilia's face as she mustered a feeble smile, absentmindedly fiddling with the hem of her top.

"It's quite a relief to have found friends who share a common interest in football," Ollie remarked, his tone warm and genuine. Cecilia's weak smile blossomed into a more genuine expression as she absorbed his unexpected kindness.

"Yes, it's true that I've delved into countless books, their stories sometimes blending together," she replied, her voice tinged with a hint of nostalgia. "Yet, amidst all those tales, 'The Wizard of Oz' has always held a special place in my heart."

The weight of their conversation began to lift as Cecilia found solace in Ollie's empathetic presence. The anticipation of a customary remark gave way to a sense of connection and understanding, leaving her grateful for the genuine exchange they were sharing.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum