Leave me alone. - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Leave me alone.  - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Leave me alone.

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leave me alone.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Leave me alone.

Post by Alexander Greengrass Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:51 pm

As Alex stepped into place to begin following the instructions for the potion, he eagerly reached out to light the fire, his eyes alight with excitement. The older girl by his side sighed, musing about the monotony and structure of potion making. "It can be a bit tedious at times," she commented, stirring the mixture until the timer ran out of sand.

"The structure is nice, though," Alex replied with a grin. "It gives you a sense of order and control. But what I really love are the reactions. There's nothing quite like the thrill of watching someone's potion blow up in their face." He chuckled at the thought, imagining the chaos and surprise that such a mishap would cause.

Despite the risks involved, there was something undeniably exhilarating about potion making. As the two continued their work, carefully measuring out ingredients and monitoring the mixture's progress, Alex felt a sense of satisfaction and pride in his skills. And he knew that no matter how many potions he made, he would always be drawn to the excitement and unpredictability of the reactions that could result.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Leave me alone.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Leave me alone.

Post by Lily Luna Potter Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:11 pm

Speaking of rhythms, it was comfortable how quickly they fell into one. It was the type of back-and-forth two Potioneers who truly respected the craft could easily take on, a balance of timing and precision. A dance around the workspace and the cauldron. Neither required much of her, neither the work nor the company. Which was something she grew to appreciate every year that life got harder.

"The tedium is good for young minds," she said, a silly quip in the voice of their incredibly boring magical theory professor. She rolled her eyes at the joke (of course it was a joke) about potions exploding. "I never relish in quality ingredients going to waste," she said, her voice still light.

The two students continued their work, pausing to make Potion puns, light references to the chaos one could only find in this castle, and comments on the color and smell of their creation. Lily would later lookback, both surprised at how much the change in the boomslang skin process did effect the potency, and a bit dismayed at how much more awful the thing tasted.

But she did find... it had been not a terrible time to waste away an afternoon.
Lily Luna Potter
Lily Luna Potter
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top