A Birth day - Page 99
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 99 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 99 of 100 Previous  1 ... 51 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 99 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:34 pm

Ruby walked with Marcue and heard the aperating turning she saw Marcus pull Anise back and breathed out seeing she was okay. " thanks Marcus" she said to him as she saw Robert and the others appear then she smelt the most delishious smell waft from teh bag they held " oh , sounds delishious and yes he woke for a while, nigel changed his dressing and applied a magic wrap, then gave him some pain potion becuse he was starting to be in pain and then he was out like a light again" she told Robert looking at Anise she smiled as Robert said they should continue their run " come on , work up an apitite for that steak" she said to Anise as they both started to run " see you back at the duplex" she called to the others.

Running beside Robert reminded her why she loved the out doors. It was the sound of the birds and the rustling of the leaves aroud them " god I forgot how good runing like this was" she said and chuckled as she stepped up her pace beside Anise.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4141

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:57 pm

Robert transfigured his clothing and then saw that Anise's wasn't transfigured either, so he used wandless magic to transfigure her clothes too. She looked, amazed.

"That is so cool! How'd you do that?" she asked.

"Just a simple little spell. I'll teach it to you," Robert told her. As they started to run, he listened to Ruby update him on Angus. "Good. Very good. He's doing exceptionally well, then. So here's what Nigel and I did. Muggles would have either used pins and wires to reattach the particular fracture he had. I went in and used a healing spell to fuse the splinters back where they go and to align the larger bone break into proper position and used a temporary spell to force it to stay in place--unless he gets stupid with it--until it is at least partway healed again. For the ruptured cartilage, I had remove some cartilage that was never going to heal properly again, and then I used some extremely tiny and delicate repair and regrowth spells to start to try to regrow what I had to remove. What I did with the tendons is a very similar maneuver. There was a lot of old damage that I repaired the same way. And until all that is in better shape, I don't want him trying to move it around or muck it up. Removing the damaged tissue is painful enough for him but growing new material, and on that deep and extensive an area is definitely painful. That's why it took so long, and its why it will take some a bit for him to mend."

"Sounds messy," Anise frowned.

"Well, it can be," Robert replied. "It would be far messier if he were a muggle. By the way, both of you look like your running has improved. Well done. Your stances are better, and Anise, you're flexibility is improving. Good job."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:02 pm

Ruby watched Robert transphigure Anises clothing and kicked herself for not doing it for her sooner, as she ran next to Robert she listened to him talk about what he had done for Angus " Marcus mentioned he'd have a bit more movement after, and he scolded him for not going to you earlier too" she said and chuckled as they continued to run she glanced over at Anise and nodded " yes , she has improved." she said smiling " keep this up and you'll take on the assault course" she said and motioned to it not far from them.

Ruby kept up with both not wanting to push her self too much but soon she could see the end of the track " so how many times do you want to run the track" she asked Robert " or is one enough for tonight?" she teased knowing she could run it twice before having to pause.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:17 pm

"He will have considerably more movement and less pain. I imagine he's been having pain in it pretty consistently for quite awhile, and he's just been thinking that if he exercises more, it'll get better. Well, now, with the right physical therapy, he really will feel better, and those slashing spells of his might actually get faster yet. I am not going to want him to do any lifting of anything at all with that arm until I tell him otherwise. Nothing. I know that will frustrate him but those little microsurgeries and those little micro-regenerations are all very delicate. We need to baby them for a little bit until they have time to heal."

"Can we just do one lap tonight?" Anise asked. "I'm starving."

"Oh, I think I'll ask Brian or Jess if they can stay with him overnight tonight. The rest of us have been up since at least 4 am, so we could use some sleep," Robert told them.

"I would like to stay with him, but I don't know that I'd be any help," Anise sighed.

"Well, not just yet, but in a few days, you might be able to stay with him from time to time, if Ruby and Angus don't mind," Robert said. He felt his own stomach start to growl. "One lap is good. I'm hungry too, and we should tuck into our suppers while they're hot. We can always run tomorrow if the weather is good. Oh, and by the way, if either of you see or hear anything at all from Suzanne or Reginald, you tell me immediately. I don't care what time of day or night it is. I want to know straight off. Understand me? Gelding said he would take care of Suzanne if I spared his house. So we'll see how much his precious Gelding family mansion means to him. There's the end of the track. I think we should call it done. My steak is calling my name."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:33 pm

Ruby listened as she ran to Robert talk about what Angus will have and not do for the next few months " of course" she said softly and ran with him as he spoke to Anise she smiled at her " of course I have no objections with that, and don't worry Robert , I certaily will tell you if she or he come around or show their ugly heads" she said with a smile then nodded again as Robert said one round was enough and she could see th end ahead of them . Making it to the end she looked back at Anise " good job" she said smiling hugging her " now we get to enjoy that steak Robert brought home" she said and smied to him as they walked back to the duplex.

Entering she ehaded to shower and change then down to check on Ginger and Caprice " okay guys time to come in and eat" she said hoping Marcus would bring Ginger inside and set her at the table ready for some steak. She picked up Caprice and walked back into the house glancing back to make sure all was well behind her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:51 pm

Marcus went out to get Ginger, and she surprised him by wanting to try to actually walk on her own. Marcus allowed her to get to her feet, and when she could do it, he smiled.

"Great job!" he said. "Well done. You've come a long way."

"I've been working on it a bit," she confessed. "If you help me, I think I can make it to the house."

"Okay, just a second," he said. He levitated Caprice just a few inches in front of him, and he supported Ginger who walked the whole distance from the tea garden to the deck, even though it was with his help, with Caprice floating just in front of Marcus the whole way, ready to grab Caprice if he needed to. Fortunately, it never happened. Nigel had seen Ginger stand and then actually walk, and he was elated.

"Look at that!" Nigel said, thrilled to see it. "To have her walk this soon? That's as close to a miracle as I've seen in the last few weeks. Robert is going to be over the moon when he hears." He went out on the deck, and he floated Caprice inside and laid her on Angus's bed, right beside Angus. Then he helped Marcus to get Ginger in the house and to a chair. "Well done, Ginger," Nigel said. "I can't tell you how happy that makes me."

"I want to be able to be up and to be helpful," Ginger said, exhausted and sweating. Anise got a cold, wet washcloth, and Nigel took it from Anise and sponged off Ginger's face and neck.

"Outstandingly done. I'm proud of you, and Robert is going to be thrilled. I can't think of better news. Rest yourself a moment now," Nigel said. "That was a longer distance than I'd have suggested you try, but you did it. Good job, Champ."

"Thanks," she grinned. "I smell beef. I'm so hungry."

"And that is also good news," Nigel said. "There is plenty, I'm sure. Eat as much as you want." He sent a quick note to the main house, to Jess, to see if either she or Brian were able to do an overnight shift to take care of Angus. He didn't know if either of them knew Angus had had a huge major surgery today that people were not discharged the same day for or not. By all rights, Angus should have still been at St. Mungo's but in this case, given Reginald's trauma and Suzanne's repeated attempts to kill Angus, Nigel had supported Robert's decision to find a way to manage it at home.

Anise washed her hands and went to help Ruby to set the supper take out boxes on the table with silverware and drinks.

"What about Angus's supper?" Anise asked.

"I will try to wake him when we're finished and see if I can get him to eat anything," Nigel said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:00 am

Jess had recived a note from nigel and smiled heading over to the duplex " knock knock" she said and pushed open the door seeing Angus in a proper suportive bed and with Carice next to him " awe thats cute " she said then looked to Nigel" I got your note I can do an over night, Im on the night shift for St Mungos anyway" she said smiling to Ginger " well look at you, your looking much better" she said.

Ruby walked down in time to see Ginger walking in threw the side doors " wow welldone Giner" she said happy that she could now walk even if it ws just a few steps . Ruby walked down and then hugged her gently acioing some cold wayter for her " here drink this it nice and cold" she saw Jess and smiled to her " thank you for taking the night shift" she said Jes just waved her of and went to check Angus and found him sleeping .

"Pain potion, dose?" she asked Nigel as she picked up his notes from the end of the bed and looked at them . She wrote her own findings down that pretty much mirrored his on the last check. " Ruby go eat I got this ." she said to her and watched as Ruby moved to the table and sat down .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:19 am

"Thank you," Nigel said to Jess. "He's doing very well. So you know, this was a massive reconstruction. Fracture repair, and, no, he did not remove bone fragments, he fused them back where they needed to be, one by one. Then he repaired the main break. We've done huge number of microsurgeries to regenerate irrepairable cartilage and tendons and repairs to others. By rights, we both know that no healer in their right mind would have him home for at least three days, probably more. His suture is draining, but I completely expect that. I'll check his suture again before I leave but I just changed it not even an hour ago. If it drains as much as it has been, you might need to change it by about ten or eleven o clock tonight. and maybe again by three or four.

"We've got a magic wrap on it, so if you simply lift it and then just replace it right back where you had it, it shouldn't give you trouble. I wrote the incantation down in his chart for both full icing, or the 20 on/20 off that we've been using. He's had a cup of the wine broth that he likes to make, and a little coffee but that's all today. There's a steak dinner here for him too, so I might try to get him to eat a bite before I go to the main house. The last dose of pain potion he had was the daytime formula. The main difference is the dreamless sleep component in the nighttime formula, according to Robert, but since this was such a huge surgery, I expect him to sleep as long as he's comfortable. You can increase the pain potion just a smidge if he gets uncomfortable. If its more than that, you wake Robert or me. The potions are both formulated for him, so it would not be something I would want to fall into other hands. Oh, and in case you haven't heard, Kate has cleansed the house of Reginald, and he is not welcome back. He can have any food or beverage he likes, and hopefully he isn't going to want a cigarette. Now, what have I forgotten to report?"

"Perhaps that, for now, I am not permitted to be out of eyesight?" Marcus asked.

"Ah yes. Marcus is, temporarily, the poor boy's security blanket, so do let him stay close when Angus is awake," Nigel nodded. "Is there anything we can get for you or any additional equipment you want? Andrew has organized it all over there on that service cart. You should take a look."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:27 am

Jess listened to Nigel to wht he had to say and nodded as she would if at work " hum, just as a surgen or Roberts caliber would do and nope you gave me all I needed to know, thank you" she said then looked at Marcus and chuckled " all right " she then looked to the cart that wasset up and shook her head " I got Rubys note on the magic wrap so am aware of them." she said to him placing the board back on the foot of the bed. Placing her hand on Angus's forhead she nodded " still no pain and sleeping well." when Nigel mentioned Kate had got rid of Regenaled and Suzzane she nodded " felt the air was cleaner." was all she said and smirked to Ruby who chuckled and noded back. " should be quiet tonight" she added and moved a stool so she could sit at th foot of his bed " you go eat Im all set and ready" she told Nigel as she accioed her book to read while she watched him.

Ruby dished out the food and smiled to Ginger " you realy did do well today" she said softly " keep that up and you could be back on your feet proper soon" she added " oh and theres still some ice cream in the frezer if you want some after your steak, you earned it , so did you Anise" she smiled at her. She noticed Ginger was wearing the neclace she had brought back from Paris and smiled " so you like the gifts?" she asked poring some soda into glasses for the girls.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:48 am

"Alright," Nigel said. "I'm going to eat, and then I'll try to get him to eat a bite."

"Why don't you go and enjoy your evening?" Marcus suggested to Nigel. "I'm sure that between Edward, Ruby, and myself, one of us can get him to eat."

"If you think you can manage..." Nigel said.

"I think we'll do just fine," Marcus said.

"I'll take you up on it, then. Thank you," Nigel said. He ate his supper and then said he'd be back tomorrow and left. and as he left, a large, and clumsy owl flew in and dropped two envelopes right on top of Caprice before fumbling and falling to the floor. Marcus got up and went over to the owl, trying to check him to see if he was hurt. The baby started to fuss, irked at being frightened with dropping paper. In his sleep, Angus groped the bed a couple times with his good hand, looking for the baby, but not finding her.

"I want to be able to go help with cooking and gardening, and I want to learn proper magic," Ginger said to Ruby, noticing that Marcus had gone to the owl and figured he and Jess would probably deal with it. "So I have to be able to walk again. And, yes, the gifts are perfect. Thank you."

"She's not the only one wearing her necklace," Anise said, showing Ruby that hers had merely slipped underneath her tee shirt when Robert had transfigured her clothes to running clothes. "Ruby? How does someone keep their pictures? Surely they just can't leave them in a stack, do they? Mom has a book that shows some pictures of Christmas decorations in human houses. But they're in a book. They're not separate pictures like the ones you took. Edward has several large books that he keeps pictures and newspaper clippings in. We want to keep all sorts of pictures like that, but what is the proper way to keep them? And can we go to Paris sometime too?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 99 of 100 Previous  1 ... 51 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top