LONDON CALLING - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 2 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:35 am

Jessie breathed out a sigh of relife he'd not been one to talk openly about his afliction but here they did. "Thank you Ma'am" He said taking the cup from her he added the lemon and took a sip it took away the taste of the potion that he had taken.

He nodded as Robert spoke. " yeah, thats what happened tonight, these bas..ahem, gentelmen, disagred and came after me, gave me a right kicking in the...um, well they put up a good fight." He choose his words wise so not to offend Kate.

Jessie heard Robert speack and could not help smirk a little. " sir, I lived with twin brothers so, Im kinda use to some one talking in the same room as Im sleeping, plus not quiet when you have a full platoon in the same room too." His eyes glazed over at the memory but he pushed it to one side and took another sip of tea.

It was now he saw a blond woman stood off to the back of the kitchen . She seem to be watching him closely, it made him a little uncomfortable but she walked towards him.

"Jess Dark Heart." he heard her say holding out her hand, Placing down the cup he shook it.

"Jessie Tyler Ma'am." He let go of her hand seeing a gold band on her finger. He saw her smile and look at Robert nodding to him as she took one of the cookies.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:50 am

"Maybe in the morning, I'll teach you how to set those bastards on their asses," Kate said with a mischievous grin.

"She could do it," Robert said to Jessie. "She has a knack for bringing the unexpected. Saw her cast a little slick of mirror-smooth ice under the feet of a few blaggards once who thought they would take her without much of a fight. They couldn't get their footing to get anywhere near her." The memory made him laugh. He rarely worried about Kate in a skirmish. She could handle herself.

"If you find you've got more than a few bruises, do let us know," Kate told Tyler. "We've got a whole herd of healers in our family. We can take care of it in no time flat."

"My brother's portrait hangs in my daughter's old childhood bedroom, and he enjoys conversation when he can get someone's attention," Robert explained to Tyler. "Her room serves us as a guest room now. She's married, of course, and they have a place of their own. She certainly doesn't need to be living with her mum and dad anymore, but Kate and I like this old farm. It's been our place since we got married, so we've never considered getting rid of it." He looked at Jess as she came into the kitchen. "Tea's hot, Jess, and so are the cookies. Get yourself a mug and join us. We're just having one of Kate's midnight snacks. Is Jack working tonight?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:03 am

Jessie looked suprised at Kates use of the word he was going to use and smiled at her words. He could not help laugh and wince a little at her story. At her words he nodded.

"I'll remember that Ma'am" he said knowing he had at least one against his ribs. " but I hope to not get into...another fight soon." He quickly added. He sipped his tea as he heard Robert talk to Jess .

"Hes out on the north side, some wolves managed to get in and settled there, hes letting them know the rules, great, Oh Jessie get that bruise by your rib looked at."He heard her say as she pored a cup and took another cookie.

His head popped up as he looked to Robert "Healer?" he asked his thumb pointing to Jess who now stood with Kate talking about her early shift.

Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:36 am

"Yep," Robert said, never surprised when Jess could pick upon things so easily. "And she's got some very good instincts about things. Hey, Jess, are you on the day shift today, by chance? I need to get a supply of wolfsbane for Jessie. I'm hoping to get a travel vial for him and also a larger bottle that he can use to refill the travel vial with." He was sure Jess knew exactly what he was talking about because he knew Jack also carried a travel vial in his pocket most of the time.

"Don't you have more here?" Kate asked him.

"No," Robert sighed. "There's quite a store of it at St. Mungos but I'm out of moonberry here. Lee promised to go to Texas for me and get it because apparently they're having some top quality berries right now. So it could be a few days before I can have more brewed in my stocks here."

"Aren't you going in to St Mungo's yourself in the morning?" Kate asked.

"Not straight away," Robert said. "Got to go pop over to Khaat and Brian's. That ruddy big bird of Khaat's has some sort of issues with his feathers, and I told her I'd stop around and have a look at him."

"Now, what do you know about it?" Kate scowled. She'd raised the eagle from a chick, and if he had a problem, Kate wanted to know about it. "I'll put some things together, but I'm going with you. Maybe he got into something. Someone needs to ask him about it."

"She talks to birds," Robert looked said to Jessie. "And she breeds obscene numbers of pygmy puffs. Khaat's barn is overloaded with them. Better over there in her barn than here in mine." Then he looked at Jess. "Jess, if you get a chance, would you pop down to the potions lab at the hospital and check the stocks for dried moonberries. He keeps them in medium sized, blue glass bottles," Kate said. "Bring a bottle if you find them, would you? We can replace it when Lee brings the fresh ones. Won't take me half a tick to dry some out."

"Once you get some sleep, I'll see if Jack will take you to our clothes supplier," Robert said, sensing Jessie Tyler was going to need some new clothes. He could resize some basics for him to get by on, but he was going to need to be fitted with some decent things, and the tailor they used in Venice kept a stock of larger things on hand. Jack would make sure Jessie got outfitted with some stylish things that wouldn't break the bank.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:58 am

Jessie sighed as he listened to everything going on around him. Closing his eyes he took a long deep breath.

"Yes, oh they just got a new supply, okay, I'll send some right back once I get there." He heard Jess say. Reatching into his pocket he took out a small hip flask he kept there and showed Robert it.

"Yeah, I use this." he said placing it on the table as the talking continued. Soon he could feel his eye lids growing heavy with the time differenace. He looked at Kate and nodded when Robert mentioned she spoke to birds.

At the mention of sleep he nodded "That would be great, .um,I've heard the name Jack Heart around, is he the other werewolf you helped?" he asked he heard foot steps behind him and glanced back to see Jess moving towards them.

"He's my husband and yes, Robert helped him, just like hes helping you." she said " I'll send word to Jack to let him know, so hes ready for another on his patch." He heard her chuckle "You know hes super teratorial " Jessie chuckled knowing that feeling but he could not help the yawn that left him.

"Im sorry, time differance" he said simply stifeling another .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:26 am

Robert looked at the hip flask and checked its contents before handing it back to Tyler.

"Come on, Mate," Robert told him. "I think you've had enough for one day. I'll show you to your room. It's simple, really. Your room is on the ground floor." He went to the kitchen doorway to where a corridor went both left and right, with a large set of double doors just straight ahead, and large winding stairs that went both up and down. Robert pointed to the large double doors. "Library," he explained. He didn't elaborate on the large four floor library. Tyler might find that for himself if he were interested in books, and if he weren't it wouldn't matter anyway. The library had one level in the basement, a ground floor level, a first floor level, and a second floor level. Robert's home potions lab was one floor below the library's cellar level, and there was one more level below that one--it was not a level that much of anyone ever had access to unless Robert deemed them worthy of getting in. There were dangerous things there.

"Bedrooms, bath and storage are up. The left ground floor hall does you no good. Not really. There are a couple bedrooms down there, but Kate's using those rooms as art studio rooms. The right hallway is what you want. Your room is at the very end of the hall. Bathroom is en-suite for that room, and there is a nice little private flagstone patio out the french doors. You'll find towels and everything you need in the bathroom. Should be a clean robe on the back of the door. Feel free to resize it if you need to. There might be some pajama trousers in the dresser if you like. I'll find you some fresh clothes by morning.

"If you need something, the master bedroom is the first room on the right. Feel free to knock if you need to. We're light sleepers, so wake us if you need to. Friends and family are in and out at all hours, so don't let that bother you. Get yourself a good sleep, and things will look better in the morning. Is there anything that you can think of that you need that I can get for you before you turn in?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:38 am

Jessie followed behind Robert listening to his words about each room and corridor " yes Sir" He said as they stopped by one room that he was shown was a library. As it was opened he breathed out. It was comfortable and he knew he'd probably use it to learn more about what he was. But he knew he'd have to sort his own acomidations sooner or later.

Soon they moved on to a hallway that Robert directed him to a room "Thankyou I'll do that..um, can I ask you something, could use your floo, I need to send a letter to my family back home, just to let them know I got here and am still alive..sort of, my dad would through a fit if I don't let him know and my mom well she'd beat my ass for making her worry."

Jessie headed into the room Robert had directed and showered. Now feeling like himself he found a simple blue pair of PJ's and made them bigger to fir his size. Slipping into bed he fell asleep as soon as his head touched the pillow.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:02 am

"Absolutely," Robert told him. "Help yourself. I'm sure you'll find stationery in the desk. By all means, let them know you're with friends. Goodnight."

Robert woke in the morning earlier than Kate, silently set some fresh clothes on the dresser in the Jessie's room for him, and then he set the coffee to brew in the kitchen before going for a run. He ran a mile, came back to find Kate starting breakfast, and headed for the shower. By the time he had completed his run and showered, Kate was setting a simple breakfast on the table. She had a platter of crispy bacon, a family style bowl of scrambled eggs, a fruit salad, toast from a fresh loaf of Irish soda bread, a pot of marmalade, and a pitcher of orange juice. He picked up the newspaper and sat down at the table as Kate poured coffee for them both.

"Anything worthy in the headlines?" Kate asked.

"Nah. Rarely is," Robert said. "Same old drivel."

"What's on your schedule then, since you're skipping work today?"

"Well, I want Jessie to meet Jack and Brian, and probably Angus, so I'm sure I'll try to go over to Khaat's place sometime today. But Jessie had a long day yesterday, so I have no intention of waking him. I'm sure that they'll be good about helping him get settled in and oriented so he feels at home."

"What's your opinion on him?"

"I haven't seen his skills yet, so it's hard to say," Robert said, "but my gut says he has a lot of raw potential that just needs polished. I think he's going to work out fine, if he's willing to work at it."

"He will. He has that in him, and the boys over at Khaat's will be good for him. Jack's been down enough of the same road that he will help him where he needs to understand himself."

"Unless Jack sees that maybe he slacks from time to time."

"If Jack sees he slacks very much, he'll yank that slack right out," Robert said with a gentle laugh. "They're going to get on just fine. What are you doing today?"

"Buying spring clothes for Abbey."

"More?" Robert frowned. "We only have one granddaughter. Where do you think Khaat is going to put all those clothes?"

"That's her problem. I'm going to spoil our granddaughter."

"Well, you're doing that alright--excessively," he laughed, deciding to fill his plate for breakfast.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:27 am

Jessie woke to the smell of fresh coffee but promptly fell out of bed " shit, shit." he swore as he untangled himself from the sheets. Quickly dressing he grabbed some paper that he'd somehow missed the night before. He wrote his dad and mom then sent it threw the floo network reciving one in return very quickly as he dressed. Picking up the letter he headed for the kitchen for some of that coffee.

Jack walked in from his work out still in jogging pants and tanktop. " Moring guys, oh anything new?" he asked seeing Robert with the paper as he pored himself a cup of coffee. Its now he paused and shook his head "New guys awake" he said.

Jessie walked into the kitchen and paused looking at Robert and a rather large guy he'd not seen. Walking over to Robert he spoke " thanks for the clothes, I got a letter from my perents, there all doing fine, twins driving her crazy." Its now he stopped and looked at the large guy. "Jack Heart?" he asked and saw him nod.

"yeah, so behave" he ehard Jack practicaly growl at him. It was Jess walking in that he saw calmed Jack down.

"Ok boys put the dicks away and play nice." she said standing between them both " Jack, honey I told you about Jessie last night" Now Jessie saw him chuckle and nod. Jack walked over to Jessie and shook his hand.

"hum..Roberts potion works wonders." he said and Jessie breathed out.

"He always like this?" Jessie asked Robert and Kate.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:51 am

"'Morning, Jack," Robert said, hearing Jack come in and make himself at home. "Nah. The Daily Prophet hasn't been worth anything in a long time. Go a little easy on the new guy when you meet him, huh? Neither of you have anything to prove. You're both here because you belong." He heard Jessie coming towards the kitchen.

"Good morning, Jessie," Robert said. "I'm glad things are going well at home. Twins, huh? I'm sure that keeps them busy." Robert heard Jack growl at Jessie, trying to establish territory early into it. "Heel, Jack. Down, Boy. You're on the same side."

"Come tuck into some breakfast, Jessie, while it's hot," Kate said. She laughed when Jessie asked if Jack was always like that. "" Kate replied to Jessie.

"He's worse when he's hungry," Robert teased. "Jack, I'm going to take Jessie over to Khaat's and introduce him to Brian and Angus. Jessie might as well meet his boss and get the lay of the land over at the ranch. I understand you found a new pack of wolves. Here at my farm or were they over at Khaat's? I dont' want them getting to the hippogryff here. Nor do I want them going after the unicorns over at Khaat's. They'll need to behave, or we'll toss them out. Could you get anywhere with them?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top