Walking with no destination in mind
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Walking with no destination in mind Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Walking with no destination in mind

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Walking with no destination in mind Empty Walking with no destination in mind

Post by Yvette Tungsten-Wells Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Yvette had been dressed up to go out with her friend Jessi to a pre-Christmas party, it was supposed to be really nice. They were almost there when Jessi got sick, so Yvette got her home and was now walking around. She had no idea what she was doing except that she didn't want to go back home, she thought of all the places that she could go. She sighed as she walked through the park as she made her way down the list of where she didn't want to go. She was half way through one list when she heard a twig snap behind her. She turned to look and saw no one there, she started walking again keeping the pace she had before. She heard some rustling in the shrubs to the left side of where she was.

She picked up her pace just a little so that she could get out of the park as soon as possible. She heard another twig snap, but it was closer to her. She immediately began running towards the entrance to the park, she didn't care that she didn't know what was behind her. She made it to the entrance to the park and leaned against one of the brick walls breathing heavily, she had been scared to death that she hadn't been breathing properly. She pulled her jacket more firmly around herself as she looked back towards the interior area of the park. She didn't see anything out of the ordinary, she shook her head thinking that she was just freaking out for nothing.

Once her breathing was under control she stood up and started towards one of the sidewalks. She turned the corner not seeing much of where she was going and bumped into someone. She dropped her clutch and bent to retrieve it, "I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I should have." She said as she picked up her clutch and straightened to see who it was she had bumped into. Her breath caught in her throat as she looked at him, "H..Hugo." She said softly once she was able to speak.

((OOC: This is what Yvette is wearing. I borrowed a friends polyvore.))
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 155

Back to top Go down

Walking with no destination in mind Empty Re: Walking with no destination in mind

Post by Hugo Weasley Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:22 am

The redhead put distance between himself and the Ministry of Magic, knowing that if he didn’t then he’d forget to go home for Christmas. He’d already been the worst son in the world in forgetting his own mother’s birthday. Avoiding acknowledgement of his negligence probably hadn’t done anything for any of the wounds that might have been caused by his absence. Hugo Weasley was determined to make up for it with Christmas. The neatly wrapped presents in his flat attested to as much.

His decision to leave early (although, in truth, Hugo’s idea of early was vastly different to everyone else’s) from work was partially in that reformative vein. He had taken a long, easy walk into central London and had been taking eager advantage of the late night shopping afforded to the Muggles. He was well-laden by the time he started to walk towards an apparition point.

With the street lights twinkling overhead, Hugo made his way to the park. His scarf was fluttering out behind him as he walked, his hair was mussed, and his cheeks were red with exertion but for the first time in a very long time, indeed, he almost looked happy. Almost. It might have just been the sense of a job well done. But who knows, really?

Whatever happiness he might or might not have possessed, it was most certainly driven from him – but only replaced by shock – when he barrelled into someone who emerged from the park, catching him utterly by surprise.

Doing well to keep hold of his bags, the Weasley man shrunk back from the woman who had collided with him and watched through bleary eyes as she reached down to retrieve her clutch. Instinct made him reproach himself. He should have helped. Next time, he promised himself – and her.

And there would be a next time, too.

There was always a next time for him and Yvette.

Her present. Small and almost insignificant if it hadn’t been for the significance of them. He’d bought that first. Out of habit more than anything else. It was wrapped and had been living under the small fir tree he’d bought and decorated for weeks now. He had never thought he’d give it to her. Not for a moment. Now, seeing her, he knew he would have to. So of course, there would be a next time.

“Yvette.”

He knew that this part was where he was supposed to smile. James would have smiled. Or at the very least done something oddly charming – emphasis on the ‘oddly.’ Hugo merely stood there, his posture ramrod straight. Only his scarf moved – continuing to waft intermittently in the breeze, the sticky-out bits of his hair twitching occasionally along with it.

“How have you been?”

That was inept, he chastised himself. He always wanted to find something more meaningful to say when it came to Yvette. But after all these years what was there left to say? Well, there was plenty, really. But what was there left that Hugo felt strong enough to say?

“You look beautiful… but, um ... are you warm enough, though? I could transfigure you a heavier jacket, if you’d like.”

And so could she, if she wanted, Hugo reminded himself, his lips turning down at the sides in a faint mirror of that realisation.
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Walking with no destination in mind Empty Re: Walking with no destination in mind

Post by Yvette Tungsten-Wells Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:13 pm

Yvette couldn't believe for a moment that she had run into someone and they had an armful of bags. She just never thought that it would be Hugo that she was running into. She hadn't seen him in a long time, but even after so many years, she still had him in her heart.

She thought of the present she had for him, it was sitting on the arm of her couch waiting to be wrapped still. It was out of habit that she made him something for Christmas. She didn't have a Christmas tree up, but she had put a 'tree' on the wall and placed the presents there. She just didn't have a big enough place for a tree, she had made the tree herself, it was made of yarn and even had little decorations that went on it. Seeing him in front of her now had her wondering if he would want the present.

Just hearing her name come from his mouth had her heart beating wildly. She gave him a small smile, she didn't know what to do other than give him a smile. She saw that his posture was straight and the only thing that seemed to be moving was his scarf and hair.

"I've been okay. How have you been?" She asked softly looking at him in the eyes.

'Great, I've been okay? What the hell is wrong with you Yvette!' She thought to herself as she  shivered slightly from the cool breeze. 'Ugh I should have worn this shirt. I'm gonna be an icicle when I get home. I should have probably also worn a thicker jacket.'

She blushed at his complement on how she looked. "T-thank you." She looked at the poncho jacket thing she had on and knew it would be nice to be warmer. "Can you please? I'm afraid I'm gonna be an icicle by the time I walk home." She said blushing again.

She knew that she could easily transfigure the coat herself, but she wanted to stay there a little longer with Hugo. She looked down at her jacket and looked back up at him when she realized it. She had subconsciously coordinated her entire outfit with the Gryffindor house colors. Red and black, she only hoped that he wouldn't realize it. 'Great, this is just what I need. Ugh what the heck is wrong with my brain? Why of all days to pick red and black?' she thought to herself.

((Just realized she was coordinated for Gryffindor colors XD))
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 155

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top