WIP NPC - Barnabé Étienne Fontaine
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

WIP NPC - Barnabé Étienne Fontaine Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

WIP NPC - Barnabé Étienne Fontaine

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WIP NPC - Barnabé Étienne Fontaine Empty WIP NPC - Barnabé Étienne Fontaine

Post by Frank Longbottom Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:12 pm

WIP NPC - Barnabé Étienne Fontaine Tumblr_lrdu18cZl01qcyy51o1_500

Grandfather: Adélard Fontaine (1940-2021)
Grandmother: Michele Fontaine (1943-2012)
Father: David Fontaine (1974-)
Absentee Mother: Camille Pherivong (1979-)
Son (the NPC in question): Barnabé "Barnaby" Étienne Fontaine (2004-)

WIP NPC - Barnabé Étienne Fontaine Tumblr_m61w6wq1ef1rqitjh

Adélard was born in 1940 to a very traditional, rural family in France. He was born in Aurec-sur-Loire but they moved when his father procured a better job in a factory. He was a victim of an air raid in Saint-Étienne (which would later affect the naming of his grandson) in 1944, leaving him deaf at only four years old. His knowledge of the language was sparse audibly, so he never learned to lip-read, but his family assisted him. Adélard's primary love was of quiet places like memorials, libraries and museums. Places where he could read and experience things on his own, where he could draw his own conclusions and study the written language.

David was born in 1974, to Adélard and Michele, a woman from Lyon. Adélard had moved there to work at the newly founded Pantheon-Sorbonne University in Paris, and he focused in the Art History department's attempts to procure artifacts for preservation. Michele was in Paris to theatre, so as a duo, they were happier with knowledge and memories than with money. David tried to love the things they loved, but he was surrounded by the awe-inspiring beauty of Paris and couldn't help but want access to the finer things in life.

That desire led him into a dreadful relationship in his late twenties with Camille Pherivong, a high-society woman who decided that she had no real desire to have children. Of course, this was after she had fallen pregnant with their son. She told her family that she was moving away to experience some of the finer things and to return as a more cultured woman, but really she had their son and left him with David. The shame was too much for her, even before it became a problem, so David named the boy himself, offering her access to the child, which she never took. Thus, Barnabé Étienne Fontaine was born in 2004.

In 2011, Adélard, Michele and their son moved to England, taking Barnabé with them. They had long given up on his mother Camille being part of his life. David was busy at work almost all day, working as a translator for the British government after he had been deemed genuine and loyal to his new home. Michele died a year later, presumably due to the startling chill of Manchester, and the boys were all devastated. Adélard was stubborn, and being deaf made it difficult for him to learn English. Thus, Barnabé (whose name was offered as Barnaby for the ease of those they met) became his own personal translator.

Adélard would take Barnaby to local museums, telling him to draw what he saw and write about it in English to practice but also in French so he could start to put together the words in writing. Adélard never tried to learn English, meaning that until Barnaby was seventeen and his grandfather passed away, he continued to do what he could for his grandfather. David also assisted there as necessary, though less so once Adélard was moved into a home that could properly care for him at all hours of the day.

Barnaby first went to university for a degree in theatre, thinking that he would honor his grandmother in some way until he determined the path he truly wanted. In the end, he switched to History, followed by a Master's in Conservation as part of Museum Studies. He became an archivist at age twenty-two, working at a small museum between Brighton and Rottingdean, focusing on the piracy that the area was known to be involved in. After two years, he suggested his own exhibit idea, regarding the re-building of a ship they had found wrecked along the coast, and while that project is being excavated, he is living in London to look through the archives, to be close to his father, and to talk to other museum curators (as he has since been promoted). Now, he's twenty-five, living in London, and has recently come across the path of two dear friends: Frank Longbottom and Mai Tierney.

Frank and Mai, of course, are wizards. He hasn't been made aware of this yet, but Frank's upcoming escapades into a bank robbery on behalf of Phaedra Rosier will certainly be shuttled onto his radar. After all, they'll need someone who knows a thing or two about avoiding fingerprints, working through which coins are real, and ensuring that any muggle security equipment - if it's even there - is handled without concern. It's a strange line of work to get involved with, but Barnaby has had his fair share of experience with getting away with things.

During his high school years, he was something of a rebel. He and his friends would joke that no book could hold a candle to the adventures they'd had. He had a tendency to skip school and instead spend his days in his favorite museum in the south of London, landing him his first internship. He, of course, knew their exhibits upside-down and backwards, and although they of course didn't condone the skipping of classes, he was a miracle-worker in that he could organize anything correctly the first time due to his knowledge of the museum's layout and their projects.

Museums, for Barnaby, are a home just like any other, and he doesn't understand how people can't find sheer amazement within themselves upon visiting one.

Last edited by Frank Longbottom on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frank Longbottom
Frank Longbottom
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

WIP NPC - Barnabé Étienne Fontaine Empty Re: WIP NPC - Barnabé Étienne Fontaine

Post by Frank Longbottom Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Frank Longbottom
Frank Longbottom
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaedra Rosier Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:09 pm

Spoiler:

Pls.
Phaedra Rosier
Phaedra Rosier
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:17 pm

It's a serious problem. I want to make him but I know I shouldn't. XD I've reserved his FC anyway, even though Muggles don't do much around here from what I've seen. Would be nice to change that, though.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaedra Rosier Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:22 pm

I knowwww. I have a muggle character I had to smother because of that Crying or Very sad BUT once Sim is up, they should definitely definitely meet. Muggles + Sim= BFFs. Instant in, if you want one other than Frank.

(Also, a muggle anywhere near a Rosier vault? Excuse me while I get the smelling salts for my poor pureblood XP)
Phaedra Rosier
Phaedra Rosier
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:40 pm

XD I know! Picture Keiran finding out that she loses it. I don't think Frank would bring it up in advance if she seemed prissy. XD But I love him so much I can't even believe it. I had a museum visit for class today and whoops, there he was.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaedra Rosier Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:07 am

He uh... might witness that sooner than he thinks (check your pms! Razz). But na, if her personal timeline works out the way I think, there'll be some reasonableness on her part. No promises, but... some XD.

Ahhh, now I have to go visit one too! XP Barb's job (can I call him Barb) is possibly only the job on this site I'd not only enjoy but realistically be good at. <3 museums. Man's living the life.
Phaedra Rosier
Phaedra Rosier
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:12 am

Lol I can promise that he'll both hate that nickname and not understand where it comes from. But I, personally, have no problem with it. Just gonna have to remind myself who it is XD Ahh, new babies <3
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaedra Rosier Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am

<333 (refer to first gif XP)
Phaedra Rosier
Phaedra Rosier
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:26 am

PMs on which account, though? I didn't get a notification.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum