The Ministry of Magic - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ministry of Magic - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ministry of Magic

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ministry of Magic - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ministry of Magic

Post by Cecilie Montez Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Chcocola Meilleure is basically member of beast division.

Cecilie Montez
Cecilie Montez
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Olesia Zograf Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:13 pm

Magical Law Enforcement Officer's position for Olesia please Smile
Olesia Zograf
Olesia Zograf
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:40 pm

You can't request anything in claims except reserving a playby until the app has been approved. It's written on be forum index. You're welcome to repost once that's done, though!
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Olesia Zograf Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:53 pm

Applying again Smile Sorry - I did not pay attention as I was really busy doing many things and just got carried away.
Olesia Zograf
Olesia Zograf
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:52 am

added
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22660
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Gnimagnon Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Sim as a member of the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad?
Simon Gnimagnon
Simon Gnimagnon
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ilya Ivanriel Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:25 am

If you don't mind me asking, how would the rank of Captain of the Magical Law Enforcement Patrol differ from an Auror in regards to duties? I did some research on JK Rowling's canon on the Ministry's Magical Law Enforcement & came up short so I figured it best just to ask how Potter's Army would want that role to be portrayed. Sorry to bug ya, admins! I just want to be sure I choose the position that would best suit the plot, Potter's Army, & Ilya here. Thank you so for the help!
Ilya Ivanriel
Ilya Ivanriel

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:38 am

The other admins might have a different take, but, my best parallel to it, in American terms, would be that the Aurors would best equate, perhaps the FBI, where they are investigating more serious level crimes--in this case, dark arts matters. Along with guarding important persons.

I see the Magical Law Enforcement as being a different branch that equates more to other sorts of law violations--perhaps stealing, magical being violations, etc.--other violations of law and/or magic that would equate to things that would qualify as standard state and local law enforcement here.

And, I might be completely offbase, but my own view of the Unspeakables is that the function more like the CIA here, where they are responsible more for Intelligence operations.

Now, as I said, the other admins might differ with me, but, my own brain thinks in very American terms, and that's the closest that my own thinking can wrap it around to. And, I think that's the closest I can describe to how its been working here. Does that make sense at all?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22660
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilya Ivanriel Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:42 am

That makes perfect sense, & I think I have a much better understanding of the differences now Smile Thank you so much - that comparison helped greatly. I am glad that I got a better understanding of the positions, since I now know that Auror would suit Ilya best. Thank you for your help. You have been so very understanding! Smile Would it be alright if Ilya was made auror (with previous ooc referenced experience)?
Ilya Ivanriel
Ilya Ivanriel

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top