Father of the Year - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Father of the Year - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Father of the Year

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Father of the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Father of the Year

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:11 am

"Well, let's at least learn a spell to disarm someone. You can learn to knock the wand out of the hand of an opponent. Bianca," he called the female.

"Coming," the woman called, and then came into the room. "May I help you?"

"Let's show Liza how to use an expelliarmus spell," he said.

"Certainly," Bianca said, drawing her wand. Fenrir motioned for her to cast the spell, and Bianca fired her wand, commanding, "Expelliarmus!" The wand zipped from Fenrir's hand.

"See?" he looked at Liza. "No harm done. Just took my wand." He accio'd his wand back to his hand. "Now, if you can learn to do that, you have at least something you can use if you want to protect yourself. You wanna try?"
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Greyback Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:58 pm

Liza sat, wide eyed with her mouth hanging open, on the couch as her father's wand flew out of his hand with just a small motion and one word from the woman. Magic wasn't something often used in her household so where this might be commonplace for others it was something unusual and exciting for her. "Uh huh! I want to learn to do that!" She said as she nodded emphatically. Even though she had been warned that using magic or spells not taught to her for school could end up with troubles for the caster it was her father showing it to her and in her mind her beloved daddy would never teach her something that might put her in trouble or harm's way.

The blond hopped up from the couch with her wand held tightly in her hand. "Teach me how to do that!" She demanded again excitedly. Though in her mind it had been a day of possible adventure she had never expected that he would be teaching her spells she could use to defend herself in the case of something bad happening - though expelliarmus and accio were basic spells that were more likely to give the user a little bit more time in the case of something happened.

A thought occurred to the girl that made her pause. "Wait... But daddy how am I supposed to call my wand without it? I need my wand to do magic so if I don't have it I can't..." She wasn't sure if the thought made sense but it was another blob of the thoughts in her mind without translation or filter. The girl knew that wandless magic was a thing that they could eventually learn with lots of time and practice but to her it seemed as if that was a mountain that she was standing at the bottom of.
Elizabeth Greyback

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:28 pm

"The key to making anything come to you is in how badly you want it," Bianca told her.  "Let's start with something smaller." She went to the kitchen and retrieved a bar of chocolate.  She brought it back and laid it on an end table about halfway across the room.

"That'll do," Fenrir said, sure that Liza probably liked chocolate. Most kids did.  "Now, stand up. Concentrate on the chocolate and how good it will taste when you get it.  Focus on how badly you want it. Then, when you're ready, point your wand at it, and accio the chocolate to you. Give it a try."

Fenrir figured the school had a reason for only teaching theory, but, hell, by his third year, Potter had already found the sorcerer's stone, defeated a mountain troll, killed a basilisk, skirmished with Voldemort a couple of times...and Liza couldn't accio her wand. Shameful humans. Greybacks were of better stuff than that. He really didn't give a jot for Ministry law or rules. Nor did he particularly give a jot about LIza's neurotic and demanding mother. He did feel rather committed that his offspring be able to not only protect themselves but be sufficiently able to deal it out if it came to it. The child in front of him was immature and entirely too naieve for her age, and far too much for her own good and safety. And all the coddling her mother could give her would keep her safe. However, having some realistic thinking and a decent hand with a wand just might help the girl quite a lot.
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Greyback Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:40 am

Liza's eyes were fixated on the chocolate although she frowned. "Mummy doesn't like it when I eat chocolate... She says that chocolate makes you fat and if you're fat no one will love you because you'll be disgusting." She informed them as she continued staring at the treat as if it would disappear if she took her eyes off of it. "But you're my daddy so if you say I can have it that means its okay right? Even if mummy wouldn't like it because daddies can let their kids do things too... But I don't want to be fat or unlovable because I want to get married and have babies and be happy." She obediently stood but waited on her father to give permission before she would dare do something as crazy as eating a chocolate bar she knew she wouldn't be permitted to eat at home.

Liza wasn't used to the idea of using one parent against the other so it hadn't occurred to her that it was wrong for her to ask permission of her father when it came to something she knew her mother wouldn't approve of. It was still an adjustment for her to know that she now had both a mother and father who both had rights to her. It also hadn't occurred to her that she could eat the chocolate and say nothing to her mother so the woman wouldn't know about it - she didn't tend to lie to her mother.
Elizabeth Greyback

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:09 pm

That's because your mother is a self absorbed twit, he wanted to tell his daughter.

"I don't agree with your mother on a lot of things. But, in the magical world, chocolate can be helpful to help you feel better, depending on what spell you cast. "Here's the thing. If people don't care about you for who you are, as you are, then that says more about them than it does about you. You don't need anyone in your life that is so shallow that they don't want to be with you if they care more about your appearance than who you are on the inside. Those kinds of people are idiots. Stay away from them."

"As for this chocolate bar, your mother's not here. If you want it, eat it," he shrugged. "Your mother is going to have to get over herself. If you're going to be with me, then she's got to realize she doesn't make the rules beyond her own house.

"But, before you can eat it, lets see if you can accio the chocolate to you," he said.
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum