What are we doing? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

What are we doing? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

What are we doing?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are we doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are we doing?

Post by Riyann Elling Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:56 am

"A very good guess. I was indeed in Ravenclaw." He smiled at the woman before him. "unfortunately that didn't rub off on my children." He muttered under his breath. though he had to admit Adela did try. Quickly he turned his attention to Esmeralda, "The constellations have always interested me. Could you tell me more about them?" He asked picking up the glass of water once again with his left hand the whiter bit of skin where his wedding band normally rested in plain sight and took a sip as he wondred when he should tell her about Adela and Quincy or if he should tell her at all.
Riyann Elling
Riyann Elling
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmeralda Martinez Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:33 am

Esme smiled when she guessed correctly at his former house. She didn't catch what it had muttered under his breath but she hoped it wasn't anything directed at her. "I was in Gryffindor." She said with a small smile. When he asked about the constellations her smile grew. "Well it depends on what you want to know about them. There are 88 official constellations, 48 of them were listed by a Greek astrologist named Ptolemy." She said as she thought of what else she could tell him about constellations. She was looking at him when she saw his hand, she saw the white bit where a ring would have sat. She looked at him and said, "Are you married? If you are please just tell me now." Her eyes flicked to his hand which used to have the ring on it. "I know I may sound rude but I don't go on dates with married men."
Esmeralda Martinez
Esmeralda Martinez
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 143
Special Abilities : Apparition, Non-Verbal Magic, Animagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyann Elling Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:44 am

"That is a hard question for me to answer." Noah sighed, "I have been married before, yes. But, I wouldn't say I'm married anymore yet i wouldn't say I'm not." he took a deep breath preparing himself to tell Esme about his dearest Agatha. "I'm a widower. My wife passed away a few years back, giving birth to a baby girl." He didn't dare call his daughter beautiful in this instant feeling it was an understatement as the girl was just as wonderful as her mother had once been. "I try not to tell people about it right away. women do not seem to take it well when they know i have children."
Riyann Elling
Riyann Elling
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmeralda Martinez Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:59 am

Esme listened to him say that he was married before but the next part had confused her. Hearing him say that he was a widow and that he lost his wife and had a baby girl. She felt instantly horrible at assuming that he was married and how rude she had been. "I'm sorry for your loss Mr. Roseberry, I didn't mean to push you or be rude to you." She said her voice small and she was mentally kicking herself.

'Way to go Esme, just let you mouth run away with more rude bullcrap.' She thought to herself.

"I don't understand why a woman would take it badly if you have children." She said her brows furrowed in confusion. "You may have children but your still a good man why should that make a difference? Yeah you have to schedule around them because they should come first." Shaking her head trying to figure out what goes through most women's mind when they find out a guy has kids. "I'm sorry I just don't understand other woman's logic regarding that." She said giving a small smile. "Well this is the first date I've had in months because most men don't like me. It's not because of anything I say but mainly because I'm not a skinny. They feel like they'd be embarrassed to be around me simply because of my body size." She took a long drink of the wine just waiting for him to say that it was nice meeting her and walk out the door.
Esmeralda Martinez
Esmeralda Martinez
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyann Elling Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:13 am

"Not just that I have children, but their ages combined with it all. And please call me Noah." He himself didn't understand why men didn't like Esmeralda for her body because despite her size that didn't really matter, she was a very beautiful smart woman. "My children are now old enough to care for themselves when need be. It's been sixteen years and I still wear my ring most of the time." He told her quietly. "In my opinion any man who lets a woman go due to the size of her body over the size of her brain is not a man at all." he told her softly.
Noah had been dating many younger women since losing his wife, those he had met were not ready to have children who were sixteen and eighteen. Most wanted babies which he would not be prepared to have anytime soon.
Riyann Elling
Riyann Elling
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmeralda Martinez Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:30 am

"I still don't understand why your children's ages have anything to do with it though. It honestly doesn't make any sense. The best way to know is see how he is with his children." She said then decided to further explain herself. "Sometimes if the father is busy working and trying to provide for his family. If he makes sure that his children are well cared for I don't see the issue." She shook her head not knowing what was wrong with the woman today. "Time doesn't erase what happens it just eases the pain slightly. You'll always remember your wife that is a given and no one should think to replace her either. Are your children in school?" She asked with a small smile. She let out a small laugh and looked at him still smiling. "Where were you five months ago? I could have used those words so well back then." She gave another small laugh. Taking a small sip of the wine then a deep breath. "My family the one I have, they adopted me when I was just two years old. My mother and father gave me up when I was born." She looked down at the table for a moment before looking at him to gauge his reaction. She figured since she knew that he was a widow and a father she should tell him something personal about herself.
Esmeralda Martinez
Esmeralda Martinez
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyann Elling Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:27 pm

"My daughter, Adela is in her sixteen. she survived when her mother did not. My son is eighteen and should be graduated." Noah answered it was normally hard for him to talk about his family. "I've taken a lot of time to grieve. Maybe too much and I believe my daughter has suffered for it. I believe she is in need of a mother in this point in her life. I don't think her brother and I are going cut it anymore." Noah started to ramble for a few moments before looking up at Esmeralda again. "I'm sorry for your parents they missed out on you and your life." he murmured reaching across the table to lay a comforting hand on hers. just as their food arived
Riyann Elling
Riyann Elling
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmeralda Martinez Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Esme listened as he told her how old his children were, she felt saddened that he lost his wife and his children their mother. "You can never too much time to grieve Noah. It's something that you will always do no matter what." She listened when he said that he thinks his daughter suffered from not having a mother in her life. "I'm sure that you and your son have done the best you can to help her. Is that why you decided to try and date again? 'Cause you need a mother for you daughter?" She was curious about his reasoning for wanting to start dating again. "Thanks. I never thought to find them because I have the Martinez as my family." She gave him a small smile when he lay his hand on hers. His hand felt warm compared to her own which caused her to blush a little.
Esmeralda Martinez
Esmeralda Martinez
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyann Elling Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:44 pm

"I guess you could say that," Noah said quietly, "I don't really know what I'm doing." He confessed and removed his hand from hers to unfold his napkin and placed it in his lap. "Please enjoy your meal." He spoke softly giving her a gental smile that he hadn't shown anyone in as many years as his wife had been absent from his life. "If you would like to change the subject we can talk about anything you would like."
She didn't need to know that Adela had practically been raised by her older brother as he couldn't bare to look at her, the sadness only worsening the older the young girl got.
Riyann Elling
Riyann Elling
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmeralda Martinez Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:19 pm

"That makes two of us, I don't either." She said with a small smile as she also unfolded her napkin and putting it on her lap. She thought that he had a lovely smile but didn't want to say anything just in case he wouldn't smile again. She wanted to know more about him but she wanted it to be a lovely evening so she tried to think of something. "I'm afraid that since I've rarely had a date that I have no idea what to talk about." She blushed slightly as she picked up her fork to mix the beef stew and mashed potatoes together. "How about Quidditch? I've never been to a match but what's it like?" She asked before taking a small bite of her food.
Esmeralda Martinez
Esmeralda Martinez
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum