Mystic Martini
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Mystic Martini Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Mystic Martini

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mystic Martini Empty Mystic Martini

Post by Solstice Cane Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:32 am

Solstice didn't typically frequent Diagon Alley unless she had good purpose. It usually felt a bit out of her element. The day was warm, though, and the sun was bright--bright enough to coax her away from her house that was hidden so well and so deeply in the woods near Hogsmeade.  She had ventured out, deciding to pick up some things in London for a change.

She had heard rumors of a divination shop in Knockturn, and had tried it and had come away miserably disappointed. Dark arts palantirs, even darker tarot decks, crystals tainted with ill intent so deep it made her shiver. She was glad to get back out into the warmth of day and back out to the less dank surroundings of Diagon Alley.

Instead, she had taken a turn to a couple of second hand stores, and was delighted by some lovely vintage silks, crocheted shawls, and strands of bright colored Venetian glass beads. She plucked them up, crammed them into her shopping basket. Spotting a hall tree that seemed to be dripping with scarves, she chose several, winding them around her wrist like snakes and flicked them into the basket as well.  

She was about to leave when she stumbled on an intricately carved box that was inlaid with semi precious stones in a captivating design. The box would not open. She tried. It would not give. She turned it over several times, looking for a catch. She didn't find one. What she did find was an aging price tag that had been marked through and discounted several times. It was an old puzzle box, she knew. Probably already picked over, but she liked challenges normally.

She was getting hot and thirsty though. She paid for her purchases and headed to the Leaky. It was time for something cold.  She found her way to a table in the old pub, put her basket on the floor, and ordered herself a drink. She was specific on how she wanted it. Vermouth, Benedictine, bitters, and gin, over ice. She crossed one slender leg over the other, straightening her white broomstick skirt, and took out the puzzle box, putting it on the table. Curious things, puzzle boxes.
Solstice Cane
Solstice Cane
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 36
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity, Speaking to Birds

Back to top Go down

Mystic Martini Empty Re: Mystic Martini

Post by Peter Pangea Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:12 am

"God dammit Jimmy you said I could have those cursed rings!"

The Jimmy in question was a frightened man who stood behind the counter of a dingy shop at the end of Knockturn Alley. Much like every other shop on the street Jimmy provided less than legal objects to his patrons. "I'm sorry Pete!" Jimmy stuttered. "Talon offered me nearly three times as much as you did and I just couldn't give up on an offer like that". Peter sighed and raised his head to look at the roof. That was going to cut the progress he was making in his latest chase in half. He looked down at the old man angrily and just blinked. 

"Alright, but if this happens again..." he paused and furrowed his brow. "Well you don't really want to know what's going to happen."

Peter turned his back on the man and kicked the door open with his foot and slammed it behind him; he needed a drink. He knew Jimmy was good at heart but he was less than good in spine. One of the reasons Peter kept returning to the shop was because he could intimidate Jimmy into getting him what he wanted. That mostly consisted of information and maps - and other illegal items not to be mentioned. But that also meant that he was gambling every time Jimmy "promised" him an item for a very reasonable price. That was the third time he had been let town by the man and he was getting slowly sick of it.

Not long after his inner monologue he got over the issue with Jimmy due to a new goal in his mind - liquor. Peter stepped into the familiar wizard bar and took a deep breath in. Smoke, Spirits, and Dust - I'm finally home he thought to himself as he smiled. He nodded to the bartender who began pouring his usual firewhisky mug and took a seat at the bar. He grabbed a handful of the stale pretzels on the counter; nodding again as he grabbed the fresh drink placed in front of him. His mother always wanted him to go into business - well no she didn't but he really couldn't see himself being sober often enough to do it. Business was bloody hard. 

Trailing off from his random thought of the day - business, should I or shouldn't I? - he took a look at the mirror that was placed above the various bottles of intoxicant and noticed it. The shimmer that could unmistakeably come from a puzzle box. Peter had spent hours upon hours figuring out puzzle boxes. He quickly turned around to stare at the woman gazing down at the box and quickly downed the rest of his drink. 

He ran his fingers through his hair, checked his breath, and pulled up his pants. He casually strolled over to the woman.

"Hi, I'm Peter." he said smiling down at her.
Peter Pangea

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Solstice Cane Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:35 pm

Studying her new box, Solstice had begun to see why the price tag on the box made it look like it had been sold, pawned, and discounted repeatedly since about the first war.  There didn't seem to be a single clue as to how to get into it.  No runes either that she could see.  She had turned it every direction, and was pushing on the gemstone sets, hoping for a hidden switch, but that would have been much too easy. Surely wiser wizards had tried that--endlessly. And, she figured, the box was most likely empty. She shook the box, and something rattled deep within. Nope. Not entirely empty. Not unless that was the sound of a broken mechanism.

She paused and took a sip of her drink when a man introduced himself. Peter, he'd said, and he had just enough of a rugged look about him that she rather liked it.

"Hi," she smiled. "I'm Solstice. Would you like to join me?"  Frustrated, she put the box back on the table. "Apparently, this puzzle box has been confounding wizards for a very long, long time. Looks like perhaps the box wins again." She shrugged slightly, ready to resolve that perhaps it would be just another pretty tchotchke on her mantel.
Solstice Cane
Solstice Cane
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 36
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity, Speaking to Birds

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Pangea Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:01 am

Solstice, what a strange name; he liked that. She had a look of determination on her face as she gazed upon the box. But when she looked at him she looked very sincere and almost flirty. He smiled as she introduced herself and explain the magical box on the table in front of the pair. Puzzle boxes were always so fascinating and one of Peter's favourite knick knacks. Usually they contained old jewels or a necklace of some kind. But on several occasions Peter had found himself a cursed amulet or a treasure map to nowhere. After realizing he had been stuck in his own train of thought and hadn't said anything for a few seconds to long he abruptly crashed down to reality.

"Don't mind if I do." Peter said chuckling as he pulled out the chair at the side next to Solstice and gazed at the puzzle box.

"You know I've opened a few of these in my lifetime." he said moving his eyes to the woman. "In my experience these things can survive thousands of years and almost any sort of damage causing spell or weapon without opening.
Peter Pangea

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top