Away-ish Notice
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Away-ish Notice Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Away-ish Notice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Away-ish Notice Empty Away-ish Notice

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:48 am

Alright, guys. Here's the deal.

I am about to leave for 11 months to do a year abroad in the UK. So my posting time while over there will be limited, but I intend to do about five posts a week (on the whole, of course. Not per thread) if possible. I don't think there will be any point where I don't post at all, if only because I'd miss you guys and I feel bad every time I get behind on posting. But I don't leave until next month. So towards the middle of next month, my activity will be nearly nonexistent while I move in and work on getting a phone plan and supplies and all of that stuff.

Until then, I'm actually going to be busier than I expected. My cousin, ironically, is moving to Texas from France, so we're almost switching. She'll be attending high school for the first time (yuck) and I promised to spend some time up in the Dallas area with her before I leave. That, along with meeting up with friends in my hometown and in my college town, means my posting will be quite slow and quite limited. I'll probably do one post (per person) a week at first and see how much I can handle. And I mean that starting today, not only for while I'm away. There might be some days when I sit down and have all the muse in the whole world and post everywhere. Totally possible.

But I am also working on a personal, year-long writing challenge that I have given myself, so some of my free time will have to be spent on that as well. Consider this thread to be my notice until next July, as I'll be putting it in my signature (maybe in all of my characters' signatures if I feel, later, like I need to). Throughout this next year, if there are specific threads that you're most interested in, with me, feel free to make a comment here or let me know via message, so I'll be sure to try and respond to that one first. Provided the muse allows it, of course. Razz

Please understand, also, that Admin jobs will sometimes have to take precedence so that I can ensure that we get some good content up for you and keep the site running smoothly. But if I take a while, I've not forgotten you. Promise.

xAddie
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Away-ish Notice Empty Re: Away-ish Notice

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:07 am

Hey, all. Had a family emergency today. I'm sorry I didn't get Hogwarts open; I'd promised to do it but because of what happened I couldn't. I will try and get it done tomorrow if needs be.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:47 pm

I've landed and am spending a couple of days down in Brighton and I'll tell you what. We flew in on what our driver said might've been the nicest day he's seen in a while. Maybe London was excited I showed up, too xD

I've got my phone set up and autocorrect keeps stuffing in British slang and it's kind of amazing. Really, really entertained. But, unfortunately, I don't have internet for my computer right now, so I wont be posting anything until Saturday afternoon at the earliest :c
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Nogard Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:13 am

I'm glad that you got here safely and I hope you enjoy the year in England. The weather may seem nice now but I hope you packed an umbrella because things will soon get wet Razz

I'm kind of curious to hear the British slang that's entertaining you haha.

I could imagine you'll have a lot going on now, especially as you've just arrived so don't feel any need to rush or reply to our posts!
Bertie Nogard
Bertie Nogard

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:16 am

@RJ- thanks! It's been interesting so far, to say the least.

I'm the only one in my flat (out of six) that moved in the first day. And I also got a cold just before moving in. So I'm trying to get over that with every home remedy I know, and I'll hopefully have a roommate or two move in today.

My parents don't head to London until Monday at some point, so I'll be off when they're around, but my first class isn't until Wednesday so outside of reading for that lecture I should have more time.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:52 pm

Hah, perhaps! I think it's the change in weather on my end. I'm feeling fine now except my voice is totally gone.

On another note, though..

My parents left today. I won't see any of my family, except maybe my cousins in Paris, until next June. So I'm a bit sad. It's one of my my roommates' birthday today so we may be making him cookies or something, but I'd like to spend a good bit of time today catching up on replies. Apologies if they're not really well done or anything.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Every time I think I'm getting better, I get all the more ill. So I'm trying to post but I'm behind on the reading schedule I made for myself and it's all a bit much. I promise I've not forgotten anyone <3
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

View previous topic View next topic Back to top