Professor Reminders and Expectations
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Professor Reminders and Expectations Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Professor Reminders and Expectations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Professor Reminders and Expectations Empty Professor Reminders and Expectations

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:41 am

As mentioned in the announcement thread we put up about Hogwarts roles and expectations, I've got this thread here for you guys to read over. You don't need to post and say you've read it or anything. I mean, you can if you want to, but know that these expectations will determine whether or not the Admins ask someone to step down or to change the way they are doing things. So check back here if you are not sure, or need a direction to head in.

Firstly, let’s talk classes. Here’s the order in which we’d like you to do things.

1. Go ahead and hop over to the Hogwarts RP Request forum. See the threads already made? Make one like those and let me know so I can pin it for you! Please remember to check this regularly.

2. Within the first 2 weeks of Hogwarts opening (or of asking to teach one of the classes, if you start after the school year begins), post your first class and put the link to it in our “Class Schedule” thread. That’s in the Notice Board, on the First Floor. Have the subject (Ex: Transfiguration or Charms) in the title of the thread. Also, don’t start with people walking in. That’s dull and our members have complained about it. Simply start the action!

3. Please put an OOC post with the following, though you can put it in your own words if you would prefer:

[OOC: Hello! Welcome to class! Please keep your posts between 100 and 300 words if at all possible. If that means using different accounts to post different students, feel free to do that. But remember to take turns instead of posting back and forth with one other person. We want everyone to feel included, and want it to be easy for them to catch up with what is happening. Also, remember that failure is part of the fun, so don’t be afraid to let your student take a while to understand the task that is asked of them.]

4. We would like you to reply once a week – or once every other week at the most, unless no one has responded since your last post. If you notice students going against what's written above, you're welcome to politely use another OOC comment to remind them. When your class starts to slow down and you feel it won’t pick up again, you have a few options:

Option A:
If you have another lesson plan ready, you can post a response saying, for example, [OOC: I will start a new lesson on Friday the ___th of November, so get your posts in before then!]. Please also respond to what is happening if you weren’t the last to reply. Then, you’d just start the lesson again in the same thread you already had, being sure to notify the students that the lesson is taking place in the same month as our real life calendar, so they can bring in any new plotting they have. We want one thread for each class, the entire term. That way, people can’t get lost.

Option B:
PM me with an idea for an alternative class and the Admins will discuss. If you want to, talk to another professor about teaming up for dueling, or with the History of Magic class to go on a dig in Hogsmeade. Please do this before the class dies entirely. We also would like someone to teach an Apparition class as well as their regular one, so please let us know if you are interested. Any sort of creative and excitement-filled idea is likely to be accepted, unless someone has already asked to do that one. We don’t need four dueling classes, right? These alternate classes will be handled on a case-by-case basis, so some will be put into that same, original thread as your classroom-style class, while some may need to be done elsewhere.

*NOTE: If you want to do both options right from the start, just let me know. I’ll have a class with my professor available as an example and link it here, but you can always ask me for help.

**Also, please know that if you do the alternative class, we may ask you to hold a regular, classroom-based one as well, depending on the subject you teach or the suggestion you have. It also depends on how active classes have been. Expect to do more classroom-based lessons than alternative ones, just in case.

Please know that we are more interested in seeing the classroom-style lessons succeed than the outdoor or “alternate” style ones, because we have been trying to determine the best way to do those for the past few years. If you are struggling in any way, please let us know so we can try to fix it before people decide not to participate in the classes. All classes are optional, but we want them to be fun and exciting! However, if you’ve got lots of creative ideas for classes, don’t hold back. Just ask! Smile

Now, let’s talk House Points.

This year, we are not counting house points, because we do not want to divide the member base if possible. It's more for plotting than actual competition, just as the Quidditch teams are. Prefects, similarly, will be more involved with plotting. If someone needs another student to be jealous, maybe give him or her extra house points! Or deduct them from someone who wants to have some challenges in their class life. You can offer things like that, or say yes to someone asking you about that after posting your thread in the Hogwarts Roleplay Request forum, as mentioned above. Professors are expected to have these done before their class starts.

For the Heads of Houses and Deputy Headmaster:

1. You are welcome to hand out detentions, but people are not required to use them in an actual thread, or required to do those before they do anything else. They’re more for plotting purposes.

2. The Heads of House and the Deputy Headmaster should teach a class. If you are removed from a teaching position, the HoH or Deputy HM position will also be taken down. You will be contacted before this happens, and given time to respond. But note that we have an absences thread in this subforum for this exact thing, and you should feel free to use it to your advantage. "Teaching a class" can include one of those without actual lectures for the Deputy HM, because they will almost definitely have more responsibility when it comes to helping the Headmaster.

3. Opportunities to be creative and to help drive the Hogwarts events will be made available to HoHs and professors strictly involved in teaching classes as well, and all of those will be posted in this subforum.

Any questions? Post those here!
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top