Getting some threads rolling
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Getting some threads rolling Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Getting some threads rolling

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting some threads rolling Empty Getting some threads rolling

Post by Vanessa Wendorf Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Alexander is a neurosurgeon from Scotland who is visiting England for the first time. I would love to get more threads with him I think he needs to get a little more involved. I'm thinking that he needs to get into some trouble along the way as well. It would make things interesting for him. If your interested please let me know Very Happy
Vanessa Wendorf
Vanessa Wendorf
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Getting some threads rolling Empty Re: Getting some threads rolling

Post by Elijah Krum Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm not sure how/why they'd meet but I have Victoire and she's a Healer so maybe they run into each other at a conference or something. Maybe she's learning about Muggle medicine and they meet at the noms table or something, I dunno? Razz

I also have Baldric. He's Scottish. That's basically the only link I have.

Ooh. I also have Elizabeth. She's Scottish too but more importantly ... how much, despite being a neurosurgeon, does Alexander know about blood? She'd be curious to corner him and find out.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:27 pm

I dunno if this is what you'd be interested in, but I have a werewolf named Nessa, and maybe she gets hurt and I believe (I should probably check our little lore thread, though) weres heal pretty quickly, so he might be all o.O if he sees her healing and be weirdly curious? She hates being a werewolf so she might actually spill the beans about all of the weird stuff going on, and how magic can heal people more quickly? Might be interesting.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:30 am

According to lore pretty much anywhere else, they heal rapidly. There's nothing specific on the Harry Potter wiki or lexicons or anything. Metaphor or not, it's more likely that they would heal quickly from typical injuries. They're stronger creatures than regular witches and wizards, so it doesn't make sense that they would take longer to heal. I'll ask Khaat, but until she says otherwise, I'm going to go with the general consensus they heal more quickly.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:50 am

I think we're splitting hairs here a bit. the hiv metaphor on rowlings part was meant to symbolize the sociological stigmas and relationship issues that parallel hiv, all of which are fairly stereotypical of lyncanthropy as a standard literary construct.

there's nothing mentioned in the rowlings framework that I can find that creates a slower healing time for werewolves.

what it does suggest is that the curse alters the physiology of the victim, causing him or her to have increased strength, speed, etc. Werewolves as a whole have been characterized as having superior abilities in a number of areas, including healing time.

It would seem to me that it would be only consistent with Rowlings for this to be the case here as well. I am willing to consider any evidence you have that says that werewolves heal more slowly, but for right now, the majority of what I find calls for werewolves to heal, overall, faster.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22618
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:55 am

Bella, if Nessa sounds interesting to you, I can start up something with her getting injured sometime this weekend. Otherwise, you're welcome to any of my characters. Hadley, too, since they're both Muggles.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Harris Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:15 am

Sorry, throwing my opinion in the ring here...

I do know that werewolves on the site have been played to be incredibly weakened before and after full moons. That may be where that factoid comes from.
Marley Harris
Marley Harris
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:31 am

That's fair. But if it isn't during that time, the general lore is that they heal more quickly. So I think that's what we're going with for the site. At least until we can find some proof from the Rowling interviews or text evidence.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:35 am

you might have a point, jack.  and it would make sense for them to be weakened after the transformation.  not before.  but afterwards--for a multitude of reasons.  but hopefully discussions like this make us rp more accurately (or better).

But, Bella, the offer is certainly there for you to make a thread with Nessa. I've also got James Blood--not that he's a positive influence, lol. But there are werewolves here for her to thread with.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22618
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top