A name and a place - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A name and a place - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A name and a place

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

A name and a place - Page 3 Empty Re: A name and a place

Post by Elsie Norton Sat May 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Elsie tilted her head, arching an eyebrow as she considered the question. Interesting was a hard thing to describe. She felt like it was something people just were. The world was full of people who were either boring, or not. That was what made people like Augustus Rookwood so aggravating. She wanted, no, needed to hate the pureblood patriarch. But intrigue and attraction could derail a plan very quickly.

That was typically the dilemma that she found herself in. She couldn't ignore someone she found interesting. Or attractive.

"You seem smart enough to know how shallow these meetings typically are, and how false the relationships are that spring from them. But you seem keen to have this meeting go well. Intelligence and compliance with these meetings typically haven't gone together in the past."
Elsie Norton
Elsie Norton
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Norton Sun May 17, 2015 5:27 pm

"I get the stats," she said. "Trust me, my parents have spit those facts at me ever since they realized I wasn't intent on finding a partner anytime soon." It was true - it had almost been a terrified realization for them. Ben, they were less worried about. He wasn't out in the world trying to attach scandal to their surname the way Elsie had done ever since her graduation - though the rebellion had started much before she had entered the adult world. Ben would be the subject of her parent's scrutiny soon, though, she knew it. They would hope she would follow his example.

"But the natural thing to do is resist," she responded. "Because the implications are life long. Their might be a lot of family tied up in marriage, but there's even more implications of a divorce. Going along with these can mean ending up in bed with a stranger for the rest of your life."
Elsie Norton
Elsie Norton
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Norton Mon May 18, 2015 1:04 am

There was a shrewdness in his eyes that suddenly rubbed her the wrong way. As though he had an inside joke that she happened to be on the wrong side of. She didn't want to draw attention to her uncertainty, however, so she lifted her drink again and took a deeper sip. She was enjoying the idea that getting drunk with this man would not end in the usual - poorly masked attempts to get her in bed, or obnoxiously pretentious trips home where they tried to pull the noble gentleman act. She felt like Thorfinn wouldn't put up a pretense, either way.

"As opposed to know, where I can take as many lovers as I want, not worry about discretion, and choose where I live?" She tilted her head. "Still haven't made a great case for matrimony."
Elsie Norton
Elsie Norton
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Norton Mon May 18, 2015 3:50 am

Elsie laughed a scoffing laugh, truly amused but also very keen to set the record straight. She was no concubine, that was for sure. She was very tired of being Miss Mistress. Did she have to One and Only? Merlin, no. She didn't have that kind of time. But she liked to think her relations were always mutual in respect and lack of obligation. She would not be a concubine unless she could claim him as her playboy.

"I'm not a concubine," she corrected. "I'm not an innocent maiden, but I am a woman with the right to choose - and I take pleasure in choosing." She smirked over the brim of her cup. "And I can't say I'm not curious. Supposedly, it's an irresistible charm. I don't know that I believe the rumors."
Elsie Norton
Elsie Norton
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Norton Tue May 19, 2015 2:51 am

"Was it? I must have forgotten to laugh," she said, responding in kind. His tone had changed considerably and it wasn't lost on her. It just didn't concern her all that much. Sure, she had finally started enjoying the conversation, but she could leave at anytime and honestly say she had tried. She had nothing at stake and she would respond as she pleased.

What had ever stopped her?

"Really?" she said. "Then I won't press you any further. This night would be a horrible waste if I woke up tomorrow with a ring on my finger because I simply couldn't say no to you." That was a horrifying thought, indeed.
Elsie Norton
Elsie Norton
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top