Pictures and Drawings
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Pictures and Drawings  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Pictures and Drawings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pictures and Drawings  Empty Pictures and Drawings

Post by Vanessa Wendorf Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:52 pm

Alexander walked around the city for hours taking pictures of some things while, then sketched pictures of others. He was taking it all in and decided that he truly loved this city even though it was different than his own highland home. He could always find some work here if he really wanted to start here and then began thinking of all the possibilities of being here. He was starting to get tired of seeing the same thing everyday and then he saw all the potential of this beautiful city.

He was taking pictures of a pond when he saw something in his lens but shook off the idea of what he saw. Putting his camera back in the bag that hung around his shoulders, he looked to his left and saw a woman a ways from him. Taking out his notepad and pen he began sketching her because he thought she was beautiful. He pretended that he was sketching something next to her in case she caught him looking at her,  when he was finished he looked at the drawing. He sketched her standing near a tree but the tree didn't look finished to him. So he began making something up in his head as he sat there and then looked up, the woman was gone but he didn't care. He had a picture of her then he grabbed a small vial from his satchel that held some sand. The sand was to make sure that the picture was dry and wouldn't smear when he closed the notebook.

Alex made sure everything was dry when a small gust of wind blew taking the paper with it, he didn't realize that it was loose. Chasing after it so it wouldn't touch the ground and become ruined he raced after it, as it was getting closer to the ground. Then he dove for it sliding on the ice and caught it before it hit the ground, he quickly maneuvered so he could off the ice. Getting up from the ground and dusting himself off then looked at the picture to make sure that it wasn't wet.
Vanessa Wendorf
Vanessa Wendorf
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Pictures and Drawings  Empty Re: Pictures and Drawings

Post by Tessa Di Angelo Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:44 am

Vanessa sat under the tree and smiled up at the sunshine that was hitting her face. The ice around her was starting to steam. She turned and saw a man drawing something near herself.

She stood up and began walking when a breeze blew by. She closed her jacket tighter around her and shivered when she saw the man that was drawing run after a piece of paper. She rushed over and grabbed the paper just as he did so there hands touched.

She looked at the paper and saw it was a drawing of herself. "Is that supposed to be me?" She looked at the man and smiled softly.
Tessa Di Angelo
Tessa Di Angelo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanessa Wendorf Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:47 am

Alexander wasn't expecting someone's hand to touch his and when he looked up he froze. Then he saw her look at the paper and he would have kicked himself. He wondered if she was going to take offense to the fact that he drew her or demand he give it to her. "Yes, I'm sorry if it's not something you wanted me to do. If you want it you can keep it," Alex said softly looking at the girl in front of him. "I like drawing people and certain objects better than taking pictures."

He didn't know what the girl would do but at this point he wouldn't have been surprised if she hit him. Letting go of the paper so that she could take it properly in her hand. It was a thick slightly yellow in tint paper but it was perfect for drawing things. Alex shivered because he was freezing from having slid across the ice to grab that paper.
Vanessa Wendorf
Vanessa Wendorf
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Di Angelo Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:34 pm

Vanessa looked at the paper for a few moments before a smile spread across her face. "Its brilliant. You are very talented."

She smiled at him, a wide smile exposing her dimples and a small minor chip in her tooth. She handed the paper back to him and pushed her hair back. "YOu can keep it. You drew it. Therefore, it is yours."

She noticed he was shivering an realized that he had indeed slid across the ice to retrieve the paper. She grabbed her wand and did a wamr drying spell on him that way he wouldnt be so cold. "There, is that better?"
Tessa Di Angelo
Tessa Di Angelo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanessa Wendorf Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 am

Alex felt relief when she smiled at the picture then commented on it. "Thank you, being a doctor makes me hands steady and i found i was able to draw fairly well." He said as he took out his notebook full of drawings showing her the recent ones he did. "I find things that I find fascinating or beautiful and draw them. I think it looks better on paper than it does in a picture because it shows something about the artist."

Alex was completely taken back by her smile and said, "I'm Alexander MacAlaster, may I ask of your name?" He smiled softly at her wanting to put a name with her face.

Feeling the sensation of warmth spread across of him erasing the cold and wet. "How did you do that?" He asked feeling his jeans which were now dry when they were wet mere seconds ago. "I don't understand, how did you do that? I'm no longer cold or wet, how is that possible?" He asked her trying to figure out what she did.
Vanessa Wendorf
Vanessa Wendorf
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Di Angelo Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:10 am

"Youre a doctor, huh? THat is very impressive. Im an Actress myself, but I hope to be a teacher soon." She looked at the drawings and smiled, "These are all so good." He then introduced himself and she smiled, "It is a pleasure to meet you Alexander. My name is Vanessa. Vanessa Di Angelo." When he asked how she did the drying spell, she panicked. Was he not a wizard. They were in the wizarding world, so she had just assumed he was. How could she have been so stupid to just assume. "Um... its a magic trick. My dad taught it to me before he passed away." She lied trying to cover up her mistake
Tessa Di Angelo
Tessa Di Angelo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanessa Wendorf Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:51 am

"Really? I wouldn't have thought you for an actress, not that your not beautiful. I would have guess more of a model," Alex said smiling at her then wondering what subject she would teach. "What subject are you thinking about teaching? Also what age group would you be teaching?" He shut his mouth shaking his head at himself for bombarding her with questions. "Sorry please forgive my questions, I've always been curious about teachers and what makes them want to teach." He said explaining himself to her. Looking down at the drawings he smiled and said, "Being a doctor has some perks including the fact that having a steady hand helps with drawing."

Alex looked at her and wondered if it were truly a magic trick. "Well that must be handy to have when you fall down or anything." He said smiling softly then looked through the pages he drew that morning and showed her one. "Can you tell me why people here are dressing up like this?" He asked showing her the picture of a man dressed in robes. "I've been seeing people like this all day and I've been seeing people disappear into thin air. I figure since you live here you'd know more about it," He looked at her hoping that she would tell him the truth. Hoping that she wouldn't tell him that he must be seeing things. "Please I just want to know the truth about what's happening here. I'm originally from Scotland and there was nothing of this around when I left, I wanna make sure I'm not losing my mind."
Vanessa Wendorf
Vanessa Wendorf
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Di Angelo Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:32 pm

“A model? No way. Im not that pretty.” She blushed and pushed her hair back. “Im gonna be teaching Muggle studies at Hogwarts.” She figured in order for him to even be in this part of the world, the Wizarding world, he must have some magic in him. “I plan on teaching all years. 1-7.”

She smiled and kicked her foot against the ground. “You must have a bit of magic in you to be able to see this place or even me since I do have a muggle disillusion charm on at the moment. So I will tell you. The people you see are witches and wizards.”
Tessa Di Angelo
Tessa Di Angelo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum