Getting the hang of it
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Getting the hang of it Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Getting the hang of it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting the hang of it Empty Getting the hang of it

Post by Isobella Donohue Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Isobella had walked into the Leaky Cauldron wearing a pair of old faded jeans and a black short sleeved shirt. Her feet were in her favorite pair of chuck taylors that she always wore when she was cooking. Walking in the kitchen of the Leaky her face split into a grin as she rubbed her hands together in glee. Everything was stainless steel and to her it was like heaven, she knew that when she had the money she wanted a kitchen like this one. Putting her stuff in a safe location she began to start cooking up some breakfast as well as some pies for later.

It was around noon when she was able to take a break, so she wondered out of the kitchen to sit at one of the stools at the bar. The bartender smiled warmly at her and handed her a tall glass of water, "Thank you." She said to him and he simply nodded his head wondering off towards the other end of the bar. Taking out a little notebook from her pocket along with a pen, she started writing down a few things she wanted to ask Declan about when he was avaliable. Then she started to tap her pen softly on the counter trying to figure out something else when it suddenly flew from her hand. "Oh no," She groaned as she slid off her stool to go and search for it along the floor.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Getting the hang of it Empty Re: Getting the hang of it

Post by Louis Weasley Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:55 pm

(OOC. I should probably tell you this – English is not my first language so I might make some mistakes thought I'll try not to.)

The Leaky Cauldron was always one of Louis favourite places, outside of his grandparents' house, of course. He couldn't tell he cared who owned the Leaky, as long as they had variety of beverage, and as long as he could feel pleasant atmosphere every time he comes here, this bar would remain his favourite place. He usually went there at least once a week, on his way home after the end of his shift, the same way he did today. The very first thing he did after he left the Ministry building was taking off his tie, ties and suits always made him feel like he's penguin, and that was the feeling he always tried to avoid, thought he needed to look formal today, so he could go somewhere and listen his boss bubbling for half an hour with a champagne glass in his hand, but they coudn't tell him how he needs to be dressed after the end of work time.

There are many thing that you can see at the Leaky. Some people who visited might be very… special, but this was the first time that Louis was seeing the woman on the floor walking on all four. He cocked his head, other than unusual walking style she looked completely normal and that made him leave his drink on the bar, stood up and walk towards her. He crouched a meter away from her and look at her. It seemed like she hasn't noticed him yet. Dark hair completely hid her face almost touching floor. "Miss," he called for her, shifting so he couldn't lose his balance, "miss, can I help you, somehow?"
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:02 pm

(OOC: It's ok, if you make mistakes it's fine. Trust me trying to learn a new language is hard especially if you've spoken only one for so long. I was learning Chinese in school and it took a long time for me to get the hang of it. I still don't know it fluently. Trying to write it though, it's horrible.)

Isobella felt stupid crawling on the floor on her hands and knees but she wants to find the pen. It was her last good pen plus her daughter picked it out for her. Seeing it under a table she quickly went over to it, as soon as she was reaching for it. Someone's voice was close to her making her jump and bump her head on the chair in front of her. Rubbing her head then pushing her hair out of the way looked at the man behind the voice. What she wasn't expecting was for him to a good looking man but she made sure that she didn't gawk at him.

Isobella then felt embarrassed to be found crawling on the floor of the Leaky. "Umm...No thank you though, I just found what I was looking for. I kinda accidently sent my pen flying across the room." She said flushing red at her words. She sat back to where she was sitting on her heels. She didn't know quite what to say to the stranger, but she did know that he probably was making fun of her in his head. She wouldn't blame him in the least considering she would do the same if the roles were reversed but only because she done it before.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Weasley Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:13 pm

(I'm learning English since I was six, but I know what do you mean. xd)

Oops.

He felt bad as she hit with her head just because of him. What could he expect? She was under the table when he called her, it's normal to jump, thought that didn't make him feel any better. "Sorry." He frowned. "I guess it's my fault that you bumped your head on a chair." He smiled apologetically, then glanced away trying to find a pen she was talking about. Thought it was darker there, his eyes needed only a few seconds to find it, just next to her head. After all, she might just a normal person. Louis thought about handling her a pencil but it would be to awkward so instead of that he stood up and offered her his hand.

"At least I can buy you a drink to apologize for interruption." Barely visible smile appeared in the corners of his lips as he waited for he to either accept or reject his offer. He moved his hair from his eyes with his other hand and then settled the hand on the back of the chair she bumped into and pulled it out for her in case she accept a drink offer. "Not a lover of magic, I presume?" He raised an eyebrow and helped her get up. Usually people would just use Accio charm to call their things back, it was easier, thought not everybody did that, obviously.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:38 am

"It's ok, I tend to get lost in what I do and not know when someone's close by." Isobella said softly as she picked up the pen that was next to her. Moving away from the chair more as she put her pen in the back pocket of her jeans. Taking his hand as she stood up then dusted off the dirt on her legs as well as her thigh. She smiled at him and said, "I'm Isobella Watson, you can just call me Bella. Thank you for helping me up," She wiped her hands on her jeans to clear it of anymore dirt.

"I'm actually working at the moment, but I will accept when I get off work. That's if your still around at that time," Bella said smiling softly hoping that he wouldn't think she was blowing him off. "Actually I love magic but sometimes I like finding things on my own. It helps keep yourself on your toes, make sure that you are watching your surroundings. It also helps you with your eyes with searching for something." She put her hands in the back pocket of her jeans as she tried to think of what else to say to him. "I'm the chef here so if you want something specific I make it. Other than that I stick to the menu here but I do take requests. I know most people like being able to have something that they are more comfortable with."
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Weasley Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:57 pm

"I know the feeling." He laughed. This Weasley was well acquainted with the clumsiness, probably being the most clumsy personi n his whole family, and that wasn't an easy task. He left her hand when she stood up and looked at her while she dusted off the dirt, thought he couldn't see any dirt on her knees, but he keep that for himself unsure of how would she react if he would tell her that. "It's nice to meet you Bella." He smiled looking at her. "I'm Louis." He deliberately skipped his last name, he never wanted to be known as 'another Weasley' but wanted to be responsible for his reputation, not claim the one of his family.

"Oh, okay." At first he thought she refused him, and women didn't do that usually, he wasn't sure if that was because that low amount of Veela blood in his veins or from any other reason, never thought much about that, but after she finished a smile appeared on his face again. "Then I'll be right here." Louis pointed to a chair, thinking about her explanation of why she didn't use magic. It was logical, but he never thought about that the same way, he was too lazy to do something like that if he could do that with magic much faster. "Chocolate pudding too?" He lifted his eyebrows, if there was something that Louis was addicted to, it was pudding, chocolate one.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:37 pm

"Well I'm glad I'm not the only one," Bella said smiling at him softly. "It's nice to meet you as well Louis, even in the context of our meeting." She laughed softly as she reached up to feel if she had a bump on her head. Thanking her lucky stars that she didn't she made sure that she put her pen in her back pocket. "Have you lived here long? I moved back here recently and I can't find for the life of me a produce store." She said feeling embarrassed because she hadn't been back here for a while and knew it was her fault.

"Well I get off in about an hour, if your willing to wait that long for a drink." Bella said smiling as she looked to where he pointed at his seat. "I'll see you when I get off then Louis." She grinned as she was about to head back to the kitchen. Hearing him ask about chocolate pudding made her grin, "Well that depends on how good you are." Grinning more with a mischievous look in her eyes as she walked back to the kitchens.

As soon as she was in the kitchen she went bright red. "I can't believe I just said that to him, oh my goodness. Oh no he probably thinks i'm a flirt now, ugh I can't believe any of that came out of my mouth." Bella said to herself as she began making a variety of different foods as well as desserts. Then she grinned when she started making her famous homemade chocolate pudding.

--------------------One Hour Later-----------------

Bella walked out of the kitchen after making sure that everything in there was spotless. All the desserts were put away and she kept thinking about what she said to the man she just met today. Looking around the Leaky to see if he was still there and walked over to where he said he would be. Placing her jacket over the back of the chair then her purse on the bar she got on the stool. She ordered herself a drink and asked for a chocolate pudding from the bartender.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Weasley Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:35 pm

"I live here all my life." Although some people might be ashamed to admit they never left their country Louis was different, he found his country very attractive, it has everything he would ever need so he never wanted to leave it, not even for a travel. He find it hard to adjust in some places he has never been before so he wasn't really fond of travelling anywhere. London, and United Kingdom is just enough for him. "I can help you with that little problem of yours, if you want," he offered smiling, than moved the hair away from his eyes.

Shifting on his chair he gazed up again, and met her glare. "I might." He didn't had any plans for the evening, anyways, and there was no one waiting for him at home, anymore, so he could stay and spend some time in a good company. He watched the way Isobella's locks were bouncing on her shoulders while she walked towards the staff room, and disappeared behind the door. When he couldn't see her anymore he shifted again, this time calling the waitress and ordering a cup of coffee. Unlike most British people, Louis couldn't stand the tea, and drinking it every time his grandma made it, and that would be every single time he payed her a visit, was a real torture for him, but he never rejected her tea offer knowing she likes it, and he would do everything for that overly protective, caring old lady that acted more like his mother than Fleur ever did.

An hour passed faster than he though it would, he was reading a satiric article about dragons in an old number of the Daily Prophet he found dumped on the chair beside him. Even the newspapers were pretty old he enjoyed reading them, especially this article, he found the writer, C. O'Sullivan, according to what is written below the article, rather amusing person with good sense for humor. O'Sullivan even managed to make one boring topic like this quite interesting, very few people could do the same. He lifted his gaze when Isobella's figure appeared in front of him, for an auror, his observation was rather horrible, he should work on that in the future, with that thought he closed the newspapers and return them to the place from where he took them than looked back to Isobella. "I hope the rest of your day at work passed well." Even he could admit that sentence sounded weird, but he could do nothing to undo it being said.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top