Let Me Be Your Superhero, There Isn't A Place I Won't Go... - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Let Me Be Your Superhero, There Isn't A Place I Won't Go... - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Let Me Be Your Superhero, There Isn't A Place I Won't Go...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let Me Be Your Superhero, There Isn't A Place I Won't Go... - Page 2 Empty Re: Let Me Be Your Superhero, There Isn't A Place I Won't Go...

Post by Evander Yaxley Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:45 pm

Although he hadn't wanted to, Evander had seen the small argument that Adrienne had with her husband. He felt bad, for both of them, though for some reason he found himself feeling worse for Kaiden who had remained in the same spot after she had walked away from him. He could see that Kaiden was suffering over whatever they had fought about, not that Adrienne wasn't, but the look in his eyes was like that of a wounded animal.

Trust. The word popped into the Ravenclaw's mind immediately and Evander assumed that it had something to do with the trust one of them had for the other. Was it that Adrienne was doubting Kaiden or vice versa? He couldn't exactly tell but he shifted his gaze from Kaiden when he saw the older man turn away from them. Was he planning on leaving? Evander immediately wanted to point it out to Adrienne, maybe she would want to run after him. But he thought he shouldn't get involved, maybe he'd just make things worse. That happened a lot when he involved himself in things.

Instead he just stared at Adrienne, hoping she'd at least notice him doing that and realize he was trying to say something. That way he wasn't actually getting involved. He looked at Kit when she spoke and nodded, "Alright. Wanna dance?" he asked, standing up from his seat and offering his hand to her. He glanced at Adrienne again and once more in Kaiden's direction, noticing that the Slytherin graduate was still where he had been, though his back was still turned.

Kaiden was debating on what he should do. He wanted to go on the assignment but he didn't want to keep fighting with Addie. He didn't want to ruin the trust they had in each other, though he wasn't sure how well that already was. For all he knew it was already ruined and he just hadn't noticed. He really hoped that wasn't true. The eighteen year old took a deep breath and turned around again, noticing that the two students at the table where Addie was were moving away and he began walking over to her.

"Addie.." he started. "I'm sorry. You know I don't mean to act in any way that might make you uncomfortable, or angry at me." he wasn't sure if he knew where he was going with this. "I won't go on the assignment if you don't want me to." he blurted out. He wasn't sure if that was what he had actually wanted to say, but at least it was something.
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Let Me Be Your Superhero, There Isn't A Place I Won't Go... - Page 2 Empty Re: Let Me Be Your Superhero, There Isn't A Place I Won't Go...

Post by Katherine Avery Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:06 pm

Although Adrienne could feel her students' eyes on her, she tried not to make eye contact with them. How terribly immature she must seem to them. She may not have been a professor anymore, in the technical sense of the word, but she did not enjoy the idea that they would see her as someone too unprepared and too naive to actually be their teacher. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she had to wonder what she would actually do with her life. Being a stay-at-home mother would not be terrible, given that Kaiden was getting a start in his career. But she wasn't sure that she could handle it. She just didn't think she could stand it for the rest of her life. She needed purpose, and it only hit her just then that, even before she had met Kaiden, Adrienne had been unsure of what she wanted to do with her life.

She was incredibly disappointed in herself for failing to actually plan out her future. As Katherine put her hand in Evander's and walked away with him, Adrienne wanted to drop her head into her hands, but refrained. It was a good thing, too, since she felt Kaiden walking over to her even before he appeared at her side.

"No," she replied quickly, sitting up straighter at his offer. "No, don't do that. I just... I don't know why I'm so freaked out about it. It isn't how I want to act." She glanced down at her middle, assuming that her actions had something to do with the pregnancy. Holding one hand out to him, she sighed. "The problem is that I just have these really.. strong emotions, I guess. And I can't really help it. I don't even know why I react the way I do anymore. I'm scared, even though we've had months and months to prepare for this, and I should be ready by now. I know I should. I'm just not sure what I'm doing with my life, career wise. I spent so long thinking about Asher, and-"

She shook her head, clasping her hands in her lap and looking down at them. Shame colored her expression and she decided it would probably be best to just stop before she rambled and bothered him with it all the more.

Across the Great Hall, Katherine was realizing - too late - that she might not have made the best decision in the world when she suggested they go dance. She probably should have gone with that plan if she had realized how strange she would feel about it. It wasn't because it was Evander, or anything. She just had not been that close to anyone since returning. Physically, that is. She hadn't had to stand so near to another person, besides her brothers, so when they reached the middle of the dance floor she flushed a bright pink, hesitating. Unlucky for her, it was a slow song, too.
Katherine Avery
Katherine Avery
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander Yaxley Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:38 am

Kaiden had never been the most affectionate person, and he realized just how bad he was at being affectionate when he found himself wondering what to do to help Adrienne. He had comforted her before, but it had always been in a sort of awkward way. He was going to have to get better at it, since Adrienne was the one person who he always wanted to be there for when she needed him.

"I understand that you're scared." he told her. "I know what even though we've had time to get ready for this, it's hard because it's the first experience we've had with this. But don't worry, everything will be okay. I'll be here by your side the entire time. I'm not going anywhere."

He wanted her to understand that he didn't care if he had to give up the assignment to stay with her. He'd rather do that than leave her alone. "I know." he placed his hand on hers where she had them on her lap. "You spent a lot of time dwelling on your brother, and it's okay. You're not alone.. okay?" he said, leaning forward and planting a kiss on her forehead. Kaiden didn't want anything to get between them, he didn't want to risk anything making him lose Addie.

Glancing down at Katherine, Evander noticed that she seemed a little nervous. Was she nervous about dancing with him? He was a little nervous too, not because of the dancing though, that didn't matter. He was nervous about being near her, Kit was the only girl that made Evander nervous like that. He tried to keep his cool but he quickly found himself smiling at her reaction to being close to him.

He noticed her blushing and his smile widened slightly. "You know, you're cute when you blush." he laughed softly, placing his hand on her waist and bringing her a bit closer to him for the song.
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top