Like The Lights Didn't Blind You
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Like The Lights Didn't Blind You Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Like The Lights Didn't Blind You

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Like The Lights Didn't Blind You Empty Like The Lights Didn't Blind You

Post by Simon Marek Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Not for the first time, Audriana had spent the morning looking for something specific. This time, though, it had been someone, rather than an object, that needed locating. The main problem, she had found, as that as the months went on in her pregnancy, she had no chance of actually chasing down Death Eaters or dueling with them to get what she wanted. As that had been her typical route in the past, Audriana was at a loss for what to do. If she intended to actually get any information out of a certain Death Eater in particular, she needed a way to back them into a corner and get them to cave in.

This particular Death Eater was the father of the missing person. While no one in particular was looking for the man, and thus she hadn't been sent by anybody to find him, Audriana herself was worried. She had helped Bentley get involved with the Death Eaters, if one looked at it objectively. So now it was up to her to find out what had happened. For Baldric and for Bentley himself. For Ben's adoptive parents.

If only she hadn't found out about Ben's birth mother. Perhaps he wouldn't have gone about and risked his life for Clarence Montgomery, one of the worst men Audriana had ever had the misfortune to meet. It hit her very suddenly as she walked the streets of London that there was a very good way to ensure that she got what she wanted. Turning on her heel, she retraced her steps, and hurried into the main floor of the offices where the Daily Prophet was written and printed.

"Excuse me," she started, standing in front of the lobby desk, offering a bright smile to cover up the smirk she could feel threatening to rise to the surface. "I have a story for one of your writers. Who should I speak to?"

"Christian, upstairs to the left, should be able to help you." The woman replied, gesturing with one hand before turning to write down a note about an appointment for one of the other writers. Audriana thanked her quickly, turning to make her way up the steps.

Upon finding the man's office, she took a breath, incredibly pleased with herself, and then knocked on the door.

(ooc: sorry, little bit of godmoding there about where his office was.)
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Like The Lights Didn't Blind You Empty Re: Like The Lights Didn't Blind You

Post by Christian O'Sullivan Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:40 pm

That day started really bad for Christian. First of all, he didn't finish his report, so he had to deal with his boss. Somehow he managed to finish it before printing though. Second, his colleague with whom Chris shares office, didn't show for work, again, so Chris had to write his reports too. It wasn't that hard really, but Christian was sick of doing it. Third, he manage to lost his only clue about where his brother is. So he was back on square one. The only thing he actually known is that Bastien is alive.

He was too tired to be annoyed about all of it. After all, he is used to these days. He tried to starts report about some boring changes in ministry, but he didn't had any inspiration so he just left it. And also, who cares about that stuff? He then tried to do some research for the order, but he wasn't concentrated enough. At the end he decided to call his cousin, Hayley. He grabbed his phone and called her, but as always, she didn't answer.

Chris liked muggle  technology. It was practical, and easy to use. He had lots of muggle stuff in his office, including laptop, walkman and his favorite, coffeemaker. He was just preparing to do some research on internet when someone knocked on the door. He hoped it wasn't his boss cause he wouldn't still one more of his lecture. So he sighed and moved the laptop aside, he almost spilled his coffee.

"Come in!" he said lauder so that person behind the door could hear him.
Christian O'Sullivan

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:35 pm

At Christian's call, Audriana turned the handle and opened the door, sticking her head in so she could look at him. When she saw that it was just him in the office, she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against the door frame. Offering a smile in greeting, she said, "My name is Audriana Swan, though if you use my story idea, I ask that you do not name me anywhere in the paper."

Hoping that her need to avoid being known would making the man at least a little bit interested, Audriana pushed the door with the heel of her foot so it swung towards closing. Even though it never latched, the privacy felt a bit better when it came to telling what she knew. She sat down across from him without asking for permission, hardly interested in standing about while she was several months along in her pregnancy. No thank you.

"I've got an interesting backstory on a Death Eater, and I'm sure you'd like to hear it. Thing is, I need it run really soon, because someone is missing, and I need that Death Eater to tell me where the are. If this gets out, he'll try to cover it up and keep me quiet. So it would be immensely helpful if you could go along with this."
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian O'Sullivan Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:52 pm

He never actually liked domineering people. Under normal circumstances he would probably asked her to leave, but this wasn't normal situation.
When she came in, Christian recognized her from one of the orders meeting. He never met her in person, but he heard things about her. He usually didn't brought conclusions based on one's word, but for some reason he respected this girl. She had that attitude of the leader. She probably knew that she'll get what she wants even before she walked in.

"Yes, I know who you are. I'm in order too." he extended a hand "I'm Christian O'Sullivan." he showed her to sit even though she already sat.

He was thinking about what she said. Yes, he was interested in the story but there were some problems, for example, his boss. He was very demanding, especially when it comes to the source name. But, Christian pretty much ignored him. He was already done things like this, so why not? Few minutes after, he spoke.

"I'm gonna help you with this. I'll write it as fast as I can. But you'll have to tell me everything you know. Okay?" he didn't waited for the answer, instead he took block and enchanted feather, the one like Rita Skeeter had. He took a paper and a pen for himself and waited for her to start talking.
Christian O'Sullivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:13 pm

(ooc: Sorry, I forgot about this one. I'm the worst. Also, as a side note, this is just IC. The Daily Prophet subforum is mostly for site plot news Smile So don't feel like you actually have to write anything out. Just for fun! )

Audriana lifted a curious eyebrow in reply to his comments about the Order. She hadn't been to a meeting in what felt like forever, but perhaps she should have been attending. Everything in their world was going so oddly, it was highly possible that Audriana would actually be of some use. It was all the more plausible now that Hallie was in charge. The women knew each other through past jobs that Audriana had complete for the blonde, so she certainly hoped that what she was about to tell Christian wouldn't have her name on it. It would certainly hurt her chances of getting involved again if he told the world that she had given away so much information.

She was fairly surprised to find that he seemed eager to help her. Either he was excessively bored with whatever he was doing, or he was looking for a story that would impress his employer. Either way, it worked really well for what Audriana needed to accomplish, so she couldn't complain.

"Here's the deal," she started, knowing full well that she should have used more sophisticated language but hardly finding it in her to care. She had never been the sort to worry about vocabulary or how she came off to others - no, indeed. She had never been that kind of person, and never would be, she supposed. "There's a Death Eater named Clarence Montgomery. He wasn't married at the time, but he had a child with a Muggle woman, only to abandon her and the baby. The son, who I'm not sure I should name, was put up for adoption but spent his entire life essentially on his own. We need to twist the story so that it's very clear that Clarence was with the Muggle woman, Diana, even if that means we emphasize it too much. He needs to be confronted by his fellow Death Eaters, to ensure that he has to explain to them who his son is and what he has done. The son hasn't been heard from or seen in days, and we're quite certain that Clarence has done it. He was only twenty-two, the son, and very wealthy, fairly well-known. He would not disappear normally."

Shaking her head, Audriana ran a frustrated hand through her tangled hair as it fell over her shoulder. "Look, I'll tell you his name but you cannot use it in the article. It's Bentley. See, Ben tried to join up with his father through helping the Death Eaters - call it a desperate attempt at getting Clarence's attention or whatever you will - but it obviously got Ben into some serious trouble. The Death Eaters attacked a group of students a few weeks ago, severely injured a well known ex-professor from Hogwarts, and now his son is missing. Clarence needs to account for his actions, even if that means being questioned by his fellow evil-doers. We need the spotlight on him, big time."
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian O'Sullivan Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:56 pm

(You're not, it's ok Very Happy)

It was a little hard, trusting a girl who he never met. Especially for Christian, who even has a problem about trusting himself.
But he concluded that she doesn't have any reason to lie to him. And even if she does, who cares? He was too bored at the moment so he would probably write anything down, just to kill some time. And than again, if he finish this today, he'll have a day off tomorrow and that's something he couldn't resist.
His trusting issues shouldn't stand in the way to his work, he was telling himself that line every morning. Besides that, Christian was the order member and he was trying to help every other order member. Maybe this is his chance to actually help someone, since he hadn't done that in the long time.

He never cared about his job as a reporter. It was just something that he found helpful, while he started working for the order. This position provides him to always get to the information about anything.

When she started talking he wrote some things down on his paper. Even though he never really liked his job, he loved to be precise in everything. He was able to do more things at once so while he was listening to her story he was creating whole image, some kind of time line, in his head.
While repeating her words in his mind, he put down his pen and leaned his elbows down on the table.
Christian assumed that Audriana was right, the story was pretty clear. It was interesting though, he never before heard about Death Eater's affair with Muggle woman. It was pretty much scandalous and the story about it would provide lot of mess for that Clarence. He could skip her name, but his name would have to be there. That meant that he was the one who could get into trouble. He thought about it just for a second. He decided he'll do it. So what if he pisses off some Death Eater? Probably wouldn't be his first time. And besides that, it might be good for him to come back to the game.

When she finished, he was quite for some time. He was watching her intended, before he finally spoke. "So let me see if I understood it all." he landed back in his chair "Death Eater named Clarence Montgomery had an affair with Muggle woman Diana. They have a son, Bentley, but we will not mention his name in the article." he nodded before he continued "Let me ask you something, what do you think Clarence done with his son?" Christian could sympathize Ben, his desperate desire to get his father's attention. That was maybe another reason why he accepted this. If she - if they - want to find him or help or whatever is her plan, they'll need a big story full of juicy details.
Christian O'Sullivan

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top