I have to ask permission to leave my own home
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I have to ask permission to leave my own home Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I have to ask permission to leave my own home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have to ask permission to leave my own home Empty I have to ask permission to leave my own home

Post by Christabelle Whittle Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 am

Christabelle was beginning to go stir crazy. She had been stuck in her own home for quite some time. She was used to being able to come and go as she pleased, so her not being able to leave had been taking its toll on her. She had never had to ask permission from people to leave her own home. Her every move was being monitored by the aurors who were placed to watch her. Since the previous Minister's murder in her own country she realized that she couldn't afford to take any chances on herself. The situation wasn't too great with her having been the third leader of her country in less than a ten year time span.

She had to think of other means to entertain herself. She had debated sending Sophia an owl. The last time she had seen Soph, she seemed to be busy battling her own inner demons so she was probably out. Seeing as how it couldn't help, she sat down and wrote out her letters. One to Sophia and one to Mariana whom she hadn't seen in a few years, but had grown fairly close to when they were in school. She was quite tired of having to think of her own forms of entertainment and as much as the former Ravenclaw loved to read, she found reading the same exact books that were offered at her brother's flat had grown to be quite boring.

The letters were equally similar, stating that she was terribly bored and couldn't explain in the letter but to please come and see her if they could spare the time. She would explain what had happened when they arrived. She sat back down on the couch, pulling out yet another book as she waited for a reply or someone to show up. The auror from her country who had been keeping an eye on her looked at her rather confused.

"I don't think I've ever seen you so stir crazy in the entire life I've known you ma'am." she said with a small smile. He had been one of the auror's who kept an eye on her after her own father's murder. She glared at him, "For the last time Alric, please call me Christy. You've known me for years I think we've reached that point." she replied frustratedly. "And I wouldn't be so damned frustrated if I was at least allowed to go out every once in a while!"
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

I have to ask permission to leave my own home Empty Re: I have to ask permission to leave my own home

Post by Mariana Diggory Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:37 am

It was another blasingly hot day in London. How could the heat get so bad in Britain? England was never either too hot or too cold, only the rain fell much more here than necessary for Mari's taste. Mari just finished her shift at St.Mungo's, it was good to be back to what she wanted to do. Her grandfather's ranch needed a lot of work, but it was definetly not her dream in the long run.

When she entered her home, she saw a letter sitting on her coffee table, and unfamiliar owl in Mickey's cage, the two of them drinking water together. No matter how much owls went through her mind, she couldn't quite distinguish this particular one.

Her impatience lead her to open the letter faster than she thought possibly. She looked at the signature. Christy, wow i haven't seen her in a long time.. she mused reading it. There was no particular time span in the letter so she decided to make a quick round of apricot cookies to bring to her friend.

It seemed that she missed too many things while she was in Monterey, she cursed herself internally for what happened to K. She was furious at herself for not being here and not keeping in touch with her friends hoping that someone had good news since she left.

While the cookies were in the oven, she changed to her light yellow summer dress with short sleeves and put on her white belt and white flat sandals after taking a shower. She didn't want to go see her friend smelling like the hospital. Just as she was finished, she got the cookies out of the oven and placed a larger amount on the plate and folded it so the cookies wouldn't get cold or dry. She left a smaller plate for Jess when he would come home, she knew he would smell them as soon as he was at the door even if she didn't leave any.

When she was done with all of that, she combed her red hair and dried it quickly stuffing her wallet and a few other necessities in the small purse. She decided to take the subway lines, she didn't like apparating around town anless she was late or if there was an emergency, too much people around.

Some 45 minutes later, she was in front of Christy's door ringing a bell with the plate of cookies in her right hand. If it wasn't for common courtesy, she would have walked right in too eager to see her friend, but she knew that would be impolite in so many levels..
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top