I'm The Sunshine In Your Hair
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I'm The Sunshine In Your Hair Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I'm The Sunshine In Your Hair

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm The Sunshine In Your Hair Empty I'm The Sunshine In Your Hair

Post by Simon Marek Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:12 am

It wasn’t unusual for the elder of the Blackmoor twins to be reckless. But what was really reckless? Agreeing to marry someone she didn’t know she was sure about. Everyone expected it, though, and Spencer had always been someone who lavished her with attention, offering all manner of compliment, if nothing else. What had started out as a schoolgirl crush had been blown out of proportion, to the point where even her mother thought that Spencer could be right for her. Audriana, however, was not always the best judge of those she did not know, and Noelle was fully aware of that. Not that she would ever say as much to her mum. But that wasn’t even the worst part – the not being sure. What was?

She wasn’t even eighteen yet. It was actually crazy. Graduation was coming, and Spencer had asked, and… well, rather than disappoint everyone, Noelle agreed. It wasn’t that she didn’t like him. She so obviously did to have hung around him throughout her Hogwarts years. No, it was that she just didn’t know that she loved him. She could grow to, though. Of that she knew. The last thing she wanted was to turn him away and then end up as brokenhearted as her parents had been all those years. Not that it was entirely the fault of either one of them, according to the story. At the very least, she supposed, their stories lined up. So neither thought the other was in the wrong, which was good.

Holly, smart thing that she was, did not have the same predicament as her sister. Noelle envied her, secretly, but didn’t bother to say anything about it. What could be done, really, now that she had agreed? At least Spencer loved her. That was certainly something she could build off of. That much she knew. And, to make things easier, her career meant that she would not be home all day every day, and that was rather lucky indeed. It sounded awful, she knew. But the brave side of her was only just enough to push her into saying yes. The side that decided that, yes, she would love him because she was supposed to. The side that said that, at least she had Quidditch and was lined up and all was well, because they would have space to miss each other rather than being stifled. And that was good. It would be good for them and it would make them work.

It was as Spencer walked up to her that Noelle sobered herself and smiled in greeting. It was a good sign, she mused, that his presence made her smile. A very good sign, indeed.

“You’re thinking too hard, baby,” Spencer announced, his finger brushing over her forehead where it wrinkled in both worry and her previous musings.

“Sorry.” She replied, linking her arm with his as he offered it. Then suddenly, “Right. We have to go. The party.”

Luckily, Noelle was not about to walk into an engagement party or anything like that. A party of that sort would just have been stifling after the previous two that their parents had each seen fit to throw. Another plus, Spencer was fairly well off and could easily ensure that even if the team went south or she became injured. The only thing that both families really seemed sure of, with all of their worries and questions, was that the wedding wouldn’t be for a while. That, in a way, was a stroke of luck for Spencer and Noelle, in that they weren’t expected to jump on the happy marriage train like their parents’ generation had been. They had time.

Instead, she and her – erm, fiancé – were headed to a graduation party in the Great Hall. It was lucky for everyone, as well, that the party had been organized by the Head Students – one of which was Noelle, herself – and the prefects. It was certainly nicer than each House having their own party. This way everyone she had grown close to could be there with her. All of the families of the past generation had seamlessly wound their children together, and they were all bound to do the same with their future families, provided everything remained sorted as it was for them during school. No one had managed to become estranged, as far as Noelle knew.

The doors were open for the seventh years (and friends of those graduating. So, everyone, really) to pass through, and Spencer led her through, immediately drawing the attention of those near the doors. Many were hovering in the hopes of catching the attention of their friends when the entered. Two of those standing there, Noelle was glad, were her dearest friends.

“Elle!” Ariadne beamed, pulling Tim along with her as she approached.

Was it bad that she felt jealous of the pair? They so clearly knew what their fate would hold. Together. They made sense, and somehow were not being pressured into anything. She supposed that it was Avery and Baldric’s doing, in the end. Neither of the parents – on either side – really seemed to mind that they were not jumping on board with the wedding planning schemes Audriana warned Noelle about. Spencer’s older sister and mum were already thinking things through, if Mrs. Blackmoor was to be believed. Maybe, Noelle decided, she would end up just like Ariadne and Tim. Just like her parents – even if they took a bit longer.

“Hey,” Noelle smiled in return, her wide eyes creasing at the corners as the smile flashed across her features. Spencer patted Tim on the shoulder and greeted him before nodding to Ariadne. “Who else is here? The Clan here yet?” She asked, leaning around Tim to get a look around the hall.

“Um, I thought I saw one of them earlier. I can’t remember.” Tim replied, shrugging.

“Alright,” Noelle shrugged, wrapping her arm around Spencer’s middle. “Well, you Hufflepuffs try not to have too little fun, and if you see Nicolai, tell him he had better come see me. I’ve got to deliver an invitation for a party at ours in a few weeks. Merlin knows we have the space.”

Ariadne rolled her eyes, not one who could be one-upped by the amount of room in the Blackmoor’s home. The Ivanovs’ place easily beat it, provided the land of each home was included in the size. “We will.” She replied for the both of them, turning to greet her sister, Dahlia, as she arrived.

“I’m going to go have a chat with the team, yeah? Find you in a bit?” Spencer asked, turning to her. He gestured towards their Gryffindor House team, grinning at her nod before bounding away and calling out to them. Shouts went up at his approach, but she said nothing. For all she knew – not that she could see over the tall figures of the boys on their team – Hattie was over there as well.

Instead of joining the group, however, Noelle decided to take a turn about the room, stopping when she reached one of the tables with snacks. It was for the cookie sticks that she first reached, bouncing on her toes a bit, as was usual for her. If Spencer refused to dance with her – as he had at the last ball – she was bound to throw a fit, of that she was certain. Plucking two of the sticks from the jar, she turned around and let her hips rest against the table as she watched the room.
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top